• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash/Black: Thinking of names

Ren the Ryoko

...Rendering...
Reaction score
Whether Black-kun ends up as a companion or a rival, I think it's safe to say that he'll get shipped with Ash by at least some people. Since Ash/White and Black/White have naming threads, I figure they should get one too.

Personally, since it looks like Ash/White may end up as Othello and Black/White may end up as Chess, I think that Ash/Black should be game themed as well.

Some open names:

PokerShipping
ChaturajiShipping (A Variant of Chess in India)
BackgammonShipping
MancalaShipping

Other, non-game themed names that might be cool:
CapShipping (This has been suggested for Ash/White, but fits for black as well, since he also wears a cap)
GrayShipping (Same)

These are just a few of my ideas though. I'd love to hear more.

I double this will be the big issue, but, fair game.

Might want to consider something involving cards (the suits being red and black), like Solitaire, Tarocchi (another word for Tarot), or your idea of Poker.

I double this will be the big issue, but, fair game.

Might want to consider something involving cards (the suits being red and black), like Solitaire, Tarocchi (another word for Tarot), or your idea of Poker.

Unless Black ends up as a Travel buddy instead of White, I'm sure it won't be as popular, but I'll probably end up shipping it at least.

Other card games:

Rummy
Blackjack
Baccarat

*drools*

While my brain is shorted out from all the awesome, I vote for Pokershipping.

I think I like Poker more than Solitaire.
Poker is a more exciting game, it's easier to spell, if Ash and Black bicker than it's like a revamp (but so, so much better) alternative to Poke', and it fuels my need for a "love is like a gamble" based fanfic for them.

You know, I just realized "Gameshipping" wasn't taken. o.o'

Well, it's the name of a somewhat minor (crack?) pair in Yu-Gi-Oh fandom (Yami Yugi & Otogi) but otherwise it's not on the Pokemon shippers list, so maybe that name could also be used for a Black and/or White related ship? :)

If it couldn't be used for Black/Ash maybe it could be a possible name for White/Rival (or Black/Rival) anyway?

Pokershipping sounds more fitting if Black were with Manga!Red and Black rather than Ash/ClassicGame!Red. Still, I'd support it either way. =P

Yeah. I'm to shy away from Poker a bit. It reminds me too much of Poke when I see it written out, ya know? I dont know. I'm a bit torn on it.

GinRummyShipping?
RummyShipping?

Card Terms:

Bridge
Trump
Preferan
Joker
RoyalFlush
StraightFlush
Flush

Last edited:
That sounds lika a neat pairing

Maybe we can call it lovehatsshipping, beacuse they both wear hats and they seem to care a lot about lol

Well hot damn. That makes Blackjack perfect for GameRed/Black doesn't it? Damn.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom