• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash/Cynthia shipping thread

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
I don't care about the age difference, latley I've been loving there interactions. Any one else been liking this?

PUSH678ccc1c9e2d.jpg
PUSHc8d286b874a1.jpg
PUSHce6845d6bc98.jpg

PUSH15a441dafca4.jpg
PUSH4251acea6af1.jpg
PUSH4b1dba9d9ab3.jpg
PUSHe519d3d81471.jpg
PUSH2e8bf7629d27.jpg

That was just the first episode of Best Wishes 2, I think they are cute together ^

Last edited:
I guess Its not that bad! :)
I did watch the Japanese version (without English subs) and Its a cute pair I would say! xD

Think Cynthia might have some thing for Ash? Hey, in other anime people older than that its not new ^
Luffy/Hancock from One Piece for example.

Ash respects Cynthia too a lot, I hope she gives him a kiss on the cheek at the end of the tournament.
Luffy/Hancock I like it myself and kind of hope but thats another subject.

Think Cynthia might have some thing for Ash? Hey, in other anime people older than that its not new ^
Luffy/Hancock from One Piece for example.

I don't really watch One Piece, so I can't say anything about that.
After watching that Episode, It seems like she does have a thing for Ash.

Ash respects Cynthia too a lot, I hope she gives him a kiss on the cheek at the end of the tournament.
That would be interesting to see haha. Considering Ash doesn't have feelings for other girls. Who knows, he might feel embarrassed? xD

Well, hes been kissed that way by others in the movies. I wonder if they'd do this for at least one time in the TV series? I agree, she has shown signs of liking Ash that way.

Well, hes been kissed that way by others in the movies. I wonder if they'd do this for at least one time in the TV series? I agree, she has shown signs of liking Ash that way.
I believe Movie 5 is where Ash got kissed by a girl (Latias).
If Cynthia does kiss Ash, I wonder how the Shippers would feel? I myself is a supporter of AdvanceShipping. But this pairing of Ash/Cynthia seems okay to me since I like Cynthia cause she's hot. I bet Ash's reaction would be priceless.

If Cynthia does kiss Ash, I wonder how the Shippers would feel? I myself is a supporter of AdvanceShipping. But this pairing of Ash/Cynthia seems okay to me since I like Cynthia cause she's hot. I bet Ash's reaction would be priceless.

Pearlshipping is my favorite Ash girl pairing but I love tons of other Ash pairings, I ship him with girls, Pokemon and boys ^
He also got kissed by Melody in movie 2, I can see this being possible in the series for the first time. I mean like you said Cynthia/Ash seems to be popular.
HA Well I do think Cynthia pretty as well, I also think it could work out well Ash respects her a lot and seems like vice versa. Plenty of reasons to love this pairing.

Pearlshipping is my favorite Ash girl pairing but I love tons of other Ash pairings, I ship him with girls, Pokemon and boys ^
He also got kissed by Melody in movie 2, I can see this being possible in the series for the first time. I mean like you said Cynthia/Ash seems to be popular.
HA Well I do think Cynthia pretty as well, I also think it could work out well Ash respects her a lot and seems like vice versa. Plenty of reasons to love this pairing.

I forgot about Movie 2, haha. Its been a long time since I watched It. I'll probably re-watch couple of the older movies to bring back memories.
Maybe If a English Dub for Best Wishes Season 2 is out, the community might pick up on a Shipping name for Ash and Cynthia (unless there is one right now).
Considering how Cynthia is the Champion for the Elite Four, that's the reason why Ash looks up to her.

Maybe If a English Dub for Best Wishes Season 2 is out, the community might pick up on a Shipping name for Ash and Cynthia (unless there is one right now).
Considering how Cynthia is the Champion for the Elite Four, that's the reason why Ash looks up to her.

There is a name for this, it's called RayShipping~

Also, if you want to discuss other Ash ships, you can use this thread (or the which girl do you ship Ash with or which guy do you want for Ash thread) or the respective threads for PearlShipping, AdvanceShipping, etc. But please stick to RayShipping here. Thanks :)

I love the paring,if Cynthia does kiss Ash his reaction would be nice.Cynthia is a champion so I'm sure she'll show up on more episodes.I agree they both respect each other vice versa too.

Last edited:
Ohkay cmon, ash is 10 and she's obviously around in her mid 20's this will only end up with cynthia doing time :D

Ohkay cmon, ash is 10 and she's obviously around in her mid 20's this will only end up with cynthia doing time :D
Funny because Ash is older than May so Cynthia is older than Ash like who cares! You upset Cynthia is getting air time while May is in Johto doing contests with Drew?

Funny you say that isn't ash older than may? So CYnthia is a older than Ash what's the big deal? Are you jealous Cynthia is getting air time and not May?

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny because Ash is older than May so Cynthia is older than Ash like who cares! You upset Cynthia is getting air time while May is in Johto doing contests with Drew?

Um.. i wasn't trying to offend anyone just the age gap is a bit far, i mean he's only 10, plus ash and may are both 10 so i don't know what you're on about.

Funny you say that advanceshipper lol isn't ash older than may? So Cynthia is a older than Ash what's the big deal? Are you jealous Cynthia is getting air time and not May?

ummm.. i respect every ship, but there's a difference between two 10 year olds being in love to a 10 year old being in love with someone who is in her mid 20's so could you please stop being so defensive, i never said once this was a bad ship, i just lol'd at the age difference :)

Um.. i wasn't trying to offend anyone just the age gap is a bit far, i mean he's only 10, plus ash and may are both 10 so i don't know what you're on about.

Funny you say that advanceshipper lol isn't ash older than may? So Cynthia is a older than Ash what's the big deal? Are you jealous Cynthia is getting air time and not May?

ummm.. i respect every ship, but there's a difference between two 10 year olds being in love to a 10 year old being in love with someone who is in her mid 20's so could you please stop being so defensive, i never said once this was a bad ship, i just lol'd at the age difference :)
Okay that's cool okay the reason I was defensive was because I like this ship not bashing your shipping.We need a topic

I didn't realize how popular this pairing was, great to hear ^
Yeah it is pretty popular in fanfictions,It's about Ash and Cynthia teaming up against Team Galatic and hunter j pretty cool if you ask me

Last edited by a moderator:

In Japan age doesn't matter, in One Piece a girl over the age of 30 falls in love with the main character whos only a teen. I don't see the problem in age, I don't care about the age in Anime world in real world thats another situation. You don't like it due to age thats fine, why ruine the fun for others who don't? I just think they are cute together and love the scenes they've had so far.

I love the paring,if Cynthia does kiss Ash his reaction would be nice.Cynthia is a champion so I'm sure she'll show up on more episodes.I agree they both respect each other vice versa too.

Ash's reation I'm sure would be priceless if he did get a kiss from herXD Yah, with her being in the tournament too I can see her showing up more, I hope she interacts more with him ^

Now your making me want to write a fanfiction for this pairingXD

Last edited:
I've got one, think Ash would be brave enough to ask her out on a date? And would Cynthia say yes?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom