• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

Haha, fail. I thought only dub countries did these mistakes :p

It could be real you never know. I mean ash really could get Gible somehow.

Sounds to me the toy company misunderstood the title and thought Ash was going to capture that Gible.

Kazu is going back to Johto, and I seriously doubt they would make another filler about Gible by the end of the year. Would just seem pointless to me.

We know the Galactic eps are in November and Sunyshore would be right after in December. There's no real room in there for a Gible capture.

I dunno but I believe it in a crazy way.

Sounds to me the toy company misunderstood the title and thought Ash was going to capture that Gible..
That doesn't sound very likely...I mean, I've never even HEARD of something like that before. Toy companies don't sell merchandise based off titles, they usually contact the studio personally (or vice versa) so they can get toys based off characters that will be showing up heavily in the future.

If anything, I'm more inclined to agree with Mitch. There have been several series that have had things revealed too early because of toys, books, calendars, etc. it really wouldn't be new for this to happen. I'm betting Kazu will definitely make a comeback. Either that or Satoshi will now be more motivated to catch one since he's seen it up close.

The reason it could be a mistake is that the episode was based on Ash and Kazu competing to capture Gible, but Kazu got it instead of Ash. Kazu is also going back to Johto so we won't see him again anytime soon.

How do you know Bandai didn't jump the gun and assume Ash was going to get that Gible?

End of the Year isn't October Scott. December is and if you haven't forgotten the Pokethlon episode is in December. Johto and Pokethlon have a connection and Kazu is also an Apricorn Shaker salesman. Do the freaking math a bit and you might be able to connect things.

I also can't think of a single time Ash failed to capture a Pokemon that he captured a different Pokemon of the same species later on, (as opposed to multiple tries in the same episode), which leads me to doubts.

Sinnoh has 1 Gym badge left and Ash already has a full team of 6. What possible use could a new capture have this late?

I'll repeat what i said on SPPF:
Kazu sells the Aprishakes. DP157(DP159 for proper numbering)is in December or the years end. Kazunari and his stand pop up. Kazu tells ash he cannot take care of Gible. Ash takes Gible. Problem fucking solved.

End of the Year isn't October Scott. December is and if you haven't forgotten the Pokethlon episode is in December. Johto and Pokethlon have a connection and Kazu is also an Apricorn Shaker salesman. Do the freaking math a bit and you might be able to connect things.
Are you speculating Ash will get a Gible until the end of the year? It seens unlikely to me... If he does get one he will probably Oak it, because he wants to gain the league and beat Paul with his actual Pokémon. :|

I'm basing it on the fact that the toyline made by Bandai has Gible listed as "ash's Pokemon which he will get by the end of the year." Which I would believe happens in the Pokethlon episode in which ash would be given it as its too powerful for Kazu to handle.

I can see this happening.
- Gible and Totodile begin to fight. Kazunari realizes that Gible isn't worth it and gives it to Ash as a parting gift.

No, it's probably a mistake.

I'm basing it on the fact that the toyline made by Bandai has Gible listed as "ash's Pokemon which he will get by the end of the year." Which I would believe happens in the Pokethlon episode in which ash would be given it as its too powerful for Kazu to handle.
I see...but I still don't think Ash will get it.
Kazu wanted that Gible so badly to evolve it into Garchomp, I just can't see he giving it to Ash. Also Dawn's Mamoswine is too strong for her to handle it, but she still didn't give up and now she's making progress.

EDIT:

I can see this happening.
- Gible and Totodile begin to fight. Kazunari realizes that Gible isn't worth it and gives it to Ash as a parting gift.

No, it's probably a mistake.
Exactly. :|

I guess we'll see what Kazu says in his last episode, but Gible isn't even being used in their tag battle.

I wanna know why people are doubting this. The page was posted yesterday. The episode had already aired so no point in listing the Gible as ash's in the future when it already happened.

If Ash gets Gible, obviously something (most likely Gliscor) is getting Oak'd, is there any evidence on future merchandize that one of his current 5 Pokemon is gone?

I wanna know why people are doubting this. The page was posted yesterday. The episode had already aired so no point in listing the Gible as ash's in the future when it already happened.
Ok. Lets say, for a moment, that Ash will get a Gible, but Kazu's one? It just doesn't fit.

Ok. Lets say, for a moment, that Ash will get a Gible, but Kazu's one? It just doesn't fit.
It does. Kazunari knows how much ash did want it and seeing how he is much less experienced then ash, he gives it to him as he cannot really control it when he thought he could.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom