• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

Y'know, during the Johto League, Ash had Pikachu with him while also using six Pokemon against Gary (which contradicts when he caught Krabby...). I wonder if it's possible for him to have Pika following him without being "officially" in the party.
...Yeah, not gonna happen, just a "what if" thought.

I'm pretty sure Oak came there and said something about bringing with him Ash's Poké so he probably had access to all of his Poké, but only 6 of them was officially "with him" while some were considered "with Oak" but Oak brought them there for Ash
So no, Ash can't have more than 6 and Pika does count

oh happy day!
If Ash actually got a Gible, I would not change my nickname to ash_forever nevertheless, but I would add him to my personal list of "Pokemon Heroes" who are worth being admired.

Ash getting Gible after all would totally redeem his reputaton and make up for all the mistakes the writers made, particularly in the lastest Japanese episode iwhere all the misery began

I really don't know what to think about this, but I'll tell you one thing: [Dark type fanboy's rant] if Ash ever will get Dragon type before Dark type, I will be very mad [/Dark type fanboy's rant]
I can't recall Bandai ever made figures in this line based on COTD's Pokémon and they already spoiled some other captures by these figures. But I either don't think there will be some changes in Ash's team untill the end of Sinnoh other than one evolution. So now, I tend to think the figure's description is mistake and the Gible will actually go to either to Brock or Dawn (more tend to Brock now).

Last edited:
It says in the same link they're making toys for Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip too, and all the main characters Hoenn starters are evolved now.

Of course there's no R/S remake coming out anytime soon, so there's no reason to see them in the anime with new characters like they just did with Chikorita/Cynda/Totodile.

Isn't this the same company that also made a toy of Leafeon awhile back and nothing came from it?

But Scott, they don't say anything about the other Poké there, the only one they said anything important about is Gible and they clearly said Ash will get it by the end of the year
It's pretty official, so while it might still not be 100% confirmed, we don't have much reasons to doubt this

It says in the same link they're making toys for Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip too, and all the main characters Hoenn starters are evolved now.

Of course there's no R/S remake coming out anytime soon, so there's no reason to see them in the anime with new characters like they just did with Chikorita/Cynda/Totodile.

Isn't this the same company that also made a toy of Leafeon awhile back and nothing came from it?

Scott you're forgetting it specifically says Ash will have a Gible. Does it say anyone is going to get a Torchic/Mudkip/Treeko? Not as far as I know, so why bring it up?

I'd like to think that's someone at Bandai jumping the gun about the recently aired Gible ep. Oh well, I'll hope against it unless its confirmed completely later on.

Well, so much for Ash's Sinnoh team. Not only is Gliscor probably gone, but Monferno's screentime will be screwed and Buizel probably won't evolve. Any hope for Ash's Sinnoh team becoming his most fully evolved team in the anime is now over. I also see it as a loss in the league being a given.

I'd like to think that's someone at Bandai jumping the gun about the recently aired Gible ep. Oh well, I'll hope against it unless its confirmed completely later on.

Well, so much for Ash's Sinnoh team. Not only is Gliscor probably gone, but Monferno's screentime will be screwed and Buizel probably won't evolve. Any hope for Ash's Sinnoh team becoming his most fully evolved team in the anime is now over. I also see it as a loss in the league being a given.

welcome to anti-pessimisim 101, today's lesson how to not act like this.

So after all this... he's getting one after all? lol

This seems like a really dumb idea to me. He doesn't need anymore Pokemon.

You know, if this is all true, then ... HELL YEAH!!

Anyway, to be honest, whether Ash gets a Gibble or not, I still admire him as much as I always do. It's just Gible would be awesome!

Not 4Kids', Nintendo's.

I think it's already clear Buizel will not evolve. I can't believe there is still someone who believe Buizel will evolve.
And I don't see how Gible replacing Gliscor (no chance it will replace else Pokémon) make the team less powerfull. Gliscor is Ash's weakest Pokémon in his current team and Gible is also Ground type. It will not be that big of difference.
But I still don't see Ash will get Gible, just because it's stupid to change Ash's team now. But on the other hand, DP is upredictable and anything can happen. And really, if Gible in Ash's team will bring realism into you Scott and you'll stop your constant stupid wish about Ash winning Sinnoh League, I may start to support this idea, just for the fun of it :XD:

No offense Musashi but what ever happened to gotta catch em all

It died in 2003.
It died in 1997. Ash, nor any other character that I can think of, has ever ever ever ever shown any desire to catch every Pokémon.

Anyway, Gible? Seriously? That makes no sense. After the Ambipom fiasco I'm willing to accept anything as real and not put any faith into the writers, but I really hope this isn't true, or they go with Scott's "Gible is the new Larvitar" idea.

Ash has a chance of getting a Gible before the end of the year? Sounds too good to be true. I'll believe it when I see it, but if he does, that is awesome news.

Also, if he has to bench any of his Pokes, please, let it be Gliscor, I agree that it is the weakest on Ash's team, in both character development and battle wise. Sure, All of Ash's Sinnoh pokemon have decent character development this generation, but if I had to choose which one felt weak, it would be his Gliscor.

you know if it's possible to do this, then someone who lives in japan or understands japanese should do the following:

try contacting the owner of this toysite and ask whoever he/she is directly about it, maybe that will clarify things.

you know if it's possible to do this, then someone who lives in japan or understands japanese should do the following:

try contacting the owner of this toysite and ask whoever he/she is directly about it, maybe that will clarify things.

That's of course assuming that they actually listen to people. I remember emailing Pixar asking how many toy soldiers Andy had, and they took an awfully long time to actually respond.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom