• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

Also, if he has to bench any of his Pokes, please, let it be Gliscor, I agree that it is the weakest on Ash's team, in both character development and battle wise. Sure, All of Ash's Sinnoh pokemon have decent character development this generation, but if I had to choose which one felt weak, it would be his Gliscor.
o.o

I'd say Gliscor's journey from an adorable spaz afraid of battle, unable to glide properly, and clingy to Ash to a badass, adorable spaz perfectly capable of battling and gliding is character development as far as Pokémon are concerned. Maybe not in comparison to Monferno's terrific storyline or Grotle (who's actually had a lot going on), but it's definetly something.

In comparison, Staraptor has practically no personality or character development. I'd put Buizel below Monferno, Grotle, and Gliscor, too.

Why do people care so much about whether or not Satoshi gets this pokemon in the first place? Why is *this* worth pages and pages of speculation, excitement, and disappointment?

I honestly couldn't care less either way.

Ash getting a new Pokemon is always a big deal.

One of the most important things of each saga is what Pokemon are part of the group, especially Ash's because he's the main character. Not only will it take screentime away from Pokemon who still need more, but it means Gliscor is almost definitely being left at Oak's to make room.

First we had to deal with Ambipom being released, and this seems almost as bad for Gliscor. Its like the writers are repeating their past mistakes.

Last edited:
It says in the same link they're making toys for Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip too, and all the main characters Hoenn starters are evolved now.

Of course there's no R/S remake coming out anytime soon, so there's no reason to see them in the anime with new characters like they just did with Chikorita/Cynda/Totodile.

Isn't this the same company that also made a toy of Leafeon awhile back and nothing came from it?
Speculation has it that since gamefreak will most likely have gen 5 games out by 2012 that would mean a 3 year gap between HGSS and it, and so Hoenn remakes would be out in 2010 to make a 2 year gap which is what Masuda stated as the longest interval between games. I swear if Hoenn starters are in movie 13 they then have enough to advertise:
HGSS, RSEmakes, 5th gen(most likely appearing)

It would feel odd to me for new Hoenn starters to be in the anime already, the original R/S starters were just in the anime till about 150 eps ago. Even in their evolved forms, they're still the same thing.

Its also odd that Dawn's Cyndaquil wasn't spoiled by any toys, but by that random scan that said she won an egg. Why would they suddenly spoil a Gible when they didn't do the same for Dawn's Cyndaquil?

I'm surprised people forget shortly after the first Corsola filler we got another just so Misty could capture one. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Ash could catch a Fukamaru in the future.

That said, it's in within the realm of the probability either. Still, us Fukamaru fans can hope.

Would be a pity if this is true. I like Gible and it is, infact, my favourite Dragon pokemon, but I'd prefer Ash to stick with his current roster to take down Paul in the league. Providing he doesn't Oak it for post-league usage or something, that is. Plus I really don't want Gliscor ditched.

But then again, the Gible line are imperial pokemon that make lesser monsters cower at the very mention of their name! Only a bold, heroric trainer with royal strength equal to that of a majestic supernova can handle them! Ash will surely be able to topple any short-sighted fool who dares challenge him, and it will indeed be his ticket to becoming the greatest pokemon master of all time! So it's all good!

IF Ash does still get a Gible, who says he'll use it right away? It'd probably be Oak'd until the filler saga starts and call it to his main team then, along with Cyndaquil and Totodile. Just because he catches a new Poke doesn't mean he'd use it right away. Remember Krabby and Muk? They were caught early in Kanto but neither of them saw the light of day in battle until the league. Chances are the same thing would happen to a Gible or any other Pokemon he catches before Sinnoh ends.

I really don't see things that way at all.
Then I must wonder why you watch Pokémon anime, if main characters Pokémon are not important for you.
But, I don't think this would have caused such a fuss if Ash already didn't have full team, because that means Ash must get rid of one of his actuall Pokémon, Pokémon he raised with such a love and that's really stupid. Especially right before League Tournament, who will start only month or two after this catch. And I really doubt writers now will give Ash Pokémon who will be Oaked right after catch. Such thing last happened in season 1 and now we are obviously somewhere else.

Well, so much for Ash's Sinnoh team. Not only is Gliscor probably gone, but Monferno's screentime will be screwed and Buizel probably won't evolve. Any hope for Ash's Sinnoh team becoming his most fully evolved team in the anime is now over. I also see it as a loss in the league being a given.

Scott, please don't get me wrong (I'm just saying this because it seems that some guys here are misinterpreting my intentions concerning Ash and Cynthia currently), but do you HONESTLY believe that Ash will win the Sinnoh League?:-D Nooo. Do you want to bet?
I hereby predict that Ash won't even win the next two leagues unless something extarordinary will happen, for example, a Gible becoming his Pokemon (regardless of how he gets it, be it a catch a trade or an egg)

Why do people care so much about whether or not Satoshi gets this pokemon in the first place? Why is *this* worth pages and pages of speculation, excitement, and disappointment?

I honestly couldn't care less either way.
Because Gible/Gabite/Garchomp are one of the most epic Pokemon ever and worthy of only the greatest masters.
Let me quote Grave-E, who was totally right when he said:
But then again, the Gible line are imperial pokemon that make lesser monsters cower at the very mention of their name! Only a bold, heroric trainer with royal strength equal to that of a majestic supernova can handle them!(-> Cynthia and maybe Ash) Ash will surely be able to topple any short-sighted fool who dares challenge him, and it will indeed be his ticket to becoming the greatest pokemon master of all time! So it's all good!
Well done! I couldn't have said it better myself!

I still think that my theory according to which Cynthia will give Ash an Gible egg as a reward for fighting so bravely against Team Galactic, is the likeliest and most beautiful one ^^ I don't want any Christmas presents I just want this to happen! Please..:angel:.

Grave-E said:
Would be a pity if this is true. I like Gible and it is, infact, my favourite Dragon pokemon, but I'd prefer Ash to stick with his current roster to take down Paul in the league.

Same. Satoshi's whole philosophy in the Shin'ou region has been to work with what you've already got. Him ditching one of his current pokemon for a Fukamaru and then winning with said Fukamaru is the kind of "replace the weak with the strong" thing that he's been chastising Shinji for this whole saga.

peno said:
Then I must wonder why you watch Pokémon anime, if main characters Pokémon are not important for you.

I watch it for the humans.

Satoshi throwing a red and white ball at a little dragon shark thing just doesn't do it for me. Yeah, Fukamaru might be an interesting character who adds a lot to the show. But at this point, we have no reason to believe that at all. For all we know, it could be captured and end up being one of the most boring pokemon ever.

Queen Cynthia said:
Because Gible/Gabite/Garchomp are one of the most epic Pokemon ever and worthy of only the greatest masters.

...and?

I'm not in this show to watch Satoshi become some vaguely defined dream that was abandoned years ago.

Last edited:
Kazunari doesn't deserve such powerful pokemon. Especially in the start of his journey as a second pokemon. It'd better if he caught Starley or Turtwig in Sinnoh. Gible is too much I think. He is too unexperienced to train such power. Ash already is ready to do it. He has an experiece with Charizard so he is ready now.

Last edited:
If this does happen I won't mind. I also won't mind if he sent one of his Pokemon to Oak's for it. Although at the time same time I kind of would prefer it if Ash left Gible at Oak's during the current series and used it in the next series.

Well done! I couldn't have said it better myself!
Seems someone doesn't know Grave-E that well.

Last edited:
I really don't see things that way at all.

The Pokemon on the group usually make things more enjoyable. Haven't you enjoyed the more fully-fleshed out personalities for the gangs Pokemon, as opposed to some of the no-personality Pokemon Brock, Tracey and Misty used to have in the early years sans a few?

If it comes down to Croagunk or Brock's Geodude, who the hell doesn't find Croagunk more engaging? Same for anyone elses Pokemon.

Why do people talk about this like Ash'll get the Gible (or one just like it) that Kazunari just caught? He could easily catch one that has an issue or an odd quirk much like the other Pokémon he's caught so far. Aka. catch one different from Kazunari's.

Besides why should Ash 'ditch' any of his other current Pokémon for the Gible? When Paul can rotate his team then surely Ash can too and still stick to his philosophy of using Sinnoh-only Pokémon and train them stronger through friendship and all that.

That being said I'm pretty indifferent whether Ash catches a Gible or not. If he gets one then yay hooray, hopefully it'll be a humorous addition to his team and if he doesn't get one then yay hooray, the other Pokémon can get more focus.

Besides why should Ash 'ditch' any of his other current Pokémon for the Gible? When Paul can rotate his team then surely Ash can too and still stick to his philosophy of using Sinnoh-only Pokémon and train them stronger through friendship and all that.

Usually when Ash Oak's a Pokemon, we never see it again until the league matches or for one battle.

Think of Heracross who was Oak'd in early Johto, it only came back for one league match and Frontier Brain battle.

Or remember Torkoal? It was Oak'd after Hoenn, only returning to fight Brandon.

If Gliscor gets Oak'd, I don't expect to see it again outside a brief match in the Sinnoh league.

Usually when Ash Oak's a Pokemon, we never see it again until the league matches or for one battle.

Think of Heracross who was Oak'd in early Johto, it only came back for one league match and Frontier Brain battle.

Or remember Torkoal? It was Oak'd after Hoenn, only returning to fight Brandon.

If Gliscor gets Oak'd, I don't expect to see it again outside a brief match in the Sinnoh league.

So you're still not open for the writers to treat the characters differently this time around?

Besides, while Torkoal was Oak'd after Hoenn other Pokémon that had been Oak'd got their chance to shine (particularly Phanpy/Donphan). Then again, Ash generally rotated his team during BF which pretty much proves my point that Ash could do that this time around with his Sinnoh Pokémon.

Yeah, but we're almost done with Sinnoh now. If Gliscor is Oak'd, it obviously won't be used at Sunyshore. But that's it, that's the final Gym.

I suppose when Ash tries to do some training for the Sinnoh league we may see Gliscor swapped back for Gible in some eps, but eh.

The problem is we're so late in the region now. If this was mid-Sinnoh and we still had like 4 Gyms left, I can see Ash rotating them. But now, when we have a grand total of 1 Gym left that will probably happen in December?

Likewise what can a Gible do at the Sinnoh league? Unless it becomes a surprise powerhouse, it probably won't even be evolved even once by then.

Yeah, but we're almost done with Sinnoh now. If Gliscor is Oak'd, it obviously won't be used at Sunyshore. But that's it, that's the final Gym.
I honestly doubt Ash'd Oak a Pokémon that has a type advantage over Electric types.

Regarding what Gible can do at the league, surely Ash'll train it prior so it can become a competent battler. I bet there'll be plenty of episodes before the league begins for Ash to train his entire team.
When Dawn's Cyndaquil - a newly hatched Pokémon - already battles quite fairly, I don't see how a Gible caught in the wild and has x-amount of experience can be considered less decent.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom