• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

Speculation has it that since gamefreak will most likely have gen 5 games out by 2012 that would mean a 3 year gap between HGSS and it, and so Hoenn remakes would be out in 2010 to make a 2 year gap which is what Masuda stated as the longest interval between games.

What speculation? I don't see Nintendo releasing R/S remakes before the fifth gen games. So far each past new generation of games has had a set of remakes. I don't think they'll put two sets of remake games in one generation, which is what would happen if R/S remakes came before fifth gen games..

Queen Cynthia said:
Because Gible/Gabite/Garchomp are one of the most epic Pokemon ever and worthy of only the greatest masters.

... Where'd this in particular come from?

While its off topic I'll post it here for you Kamex to make the search mostly unneeded. Its mostly speculation on my part but the idea is supported. Basically its all too clear the 5th gen will be out by 2012. Programming probably only just started with the games as jobs are being handed out and drawing seriously for the games has most likely also just begun. On top of that movie 13 will most likely showcase the first 5th gen Pokemon thus starting a long 3 year wait how movie 7 in 2004 caused one. Now then on this matter if the games are out in 2012(which is the likely scenario) the gap from HGSS to 5G would be 3 years long. Masuda specifically stated that a 2 year gap is the maximum and thus from this info I deducted that the RSEmakes are likely to be out next year as to create a 2 year gap which would likely be the end of the 4th gen and the start of the 5th gen wait.

I suppose that could happen. But in terms of the anime the writers are really screwed. No wonder Sinnoh has to be stretched out over 200 something episodes.

i wouldnt mind it but i rather ash get a larvitar on his team and evolve

Masuda specifically stated that a 2 year gap is the maximum and thus from this info I deducted that the RSEmakes are likely to be out next year as to create a 2 year gap which would likely be the end of the 4th gen and the start of the 5th gen wait.

Long Off Topic Post
However didn't they put so much effort into HGSS it seems unlikely that the same could be said about a RSE remake at this current time. I mean HGSS was wonderfully done it took a lot of time. Them doing that as well as RSE seems kind of improbable. If we do get a RSE, I don't see it being nearly as good in terms of development. Granted certain things could be easily implemented (copy pasted in the basic sense) like the Pokemon following you. But other things would probably take longer to pull off. And surely they would want to make RSE have something unique to itself.

There's also the BF issue. I mean I suppose it was understandable that HGSS kept the same BF probably for compatibility issues but Emerald had an entire BF to itself, I don't think they could copy paste the BF in Platinum/HGSS of Emerald into the RSE remakes, it would look extremely jarring, lazy, and completely screws over the Emerald facilities and Frontier Brains.

If Masuda specifically meant core games like HGSS and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, then perhaps otherwise we could just get another side game like Ranger 3 with Arceus, and maybe a 5th gen Pokemon hidden within, like Lucario in the very first Mystery Dungeon game.

I honestly doubt Ash'd Oak a Pokémon that has a type advantage over Electric types.

I agree and while Gible is immune to electricity like Gliscor I don't see why Ash would get rid of Gliscor. It hasn't done anything, why would the writers do that, I mean yes Gliscor is apparently being used in the Galactic Finale arc, but even if it knocks out J's Salamence or something strong, I doubt it'll be oaked.

I mean Staraptor to me and even Buizel seem much likelier than Gliscor. Not to mention that Gible could actually be obtained after the gym battle no matter how unlikely (at this moment) that sounds. Staraptor because it's done so much already, it's proven to be strong, knocked out Paul's Weavile, and took a decent amount of hits before being knocked out. It's also been on Ash's team the Longest since it was the first Sinnoh Pokemon Ash caught (as a Starly). Buizel also because it doesn't have an advantage at all against Volkner. Besides if Ash does use his possible Gible against Volkner, I kind of doubt it'll stay long, it'll probably be used only for the sole purpose of having an immunity against Volkner.

I still don't see why someone has to oaked for Ash to have a Gible. And by that I mean why can't Gible be the one that is oaked? And I also don't see why it has to be Gliscor, either. Staraptor might be Ash's token bird Pokemon this gen, and Gliscor is just a wild card. But not only is Gliscor a flying type as well, and is used almost as much as Staraptor to find a Pokemon or missing person, it is immune to electricity something Staraptor can't say. Besides Staraptor has been shown to be much more stronger than Gliscor. If it was me I'd "oak" the strong Pokemon and keep training the weaker Pokemon.

And unless Gliscor gets redeemed soon by beating extremely powerful opponents, maybe even Paul's own Gliscor, I just don't see the reason for it to be oaked. Granted in balance issues it makes sense, considering it makes his team more varied, as it "loses" the extra flying type and replaces it with a dragon typing, while with Gible and Gliscor, they share the same issue with Staraptor and Gliscor, as Gible and Gliscor share the ground type. But even then in terms of within the anime it doesn't make sense. Sure we may have the ability of foresight, but Ash doesn't.

I still don't see why someone has to oaked for Ash to have a Gible. And by that I mean why can't Gible be the one that is oaked?

Everytime Ash gets a new Pokemon it spends some time with him before they have it Oak'd. This isn't Kanto where Krabby/Muk/Tauros were sent to Oak's immediately after capture.

Even Johto had Heracross around for like 20 episodes before it was Oak'd. When Snorunt was captured, it was in 10 episodes in a row using Ice beam. We saw Snorunt in almost every single episode after its capture leading up to its evolution if you recall.

And I also don't see why it has to be Gliscor, either.

If the writers really thought Staraptor was irrelevant, they would have never had him capture it in the first place. The writers have some sort of bizarre obsession with Ash catching the main bird of each region, even if he doesn't need it. So Gliscor is the likely candidate.

Gible would be good.
For the gen v gap, Battle frontier Sinnoh/Johto arc! I want Fire/bug ant starter in it to

Although at the time same time I kind of would prefer it if Ash left Gible at Oak's during the current series and used it in the next series.

I wouldn't mind if that happened either. To be honest, it even sounds like the most likely scenario.
As long as he GETS and KEEPS a Gible, I'm fine with it. Whether he'll already use in in the Sinnoh league or whether he won't use it until the upcoming Battle Frontier starts, doesn't make a big difference.
Maybe the second solution( having Ash "oak" Gible after he will have catched /hatched it and not having him use it until the next BF) is even more preferable, because this way Gible will be spared the pain of losing a great tournament once again and it won't be considered a loser by the fans as possibly Ash's current Sinnoh Pokemon will be.
Ash could then start his BF adventure with a fresh, unspoiled and certainly powerful Gible and thus lay the foundations for a great overall win in the new Battle Frontier
And sooner or later with Gible he'll have another member for his ultimate team with which he could dare to face the Elite Four. (of course not Cynthia, because she's "inviolable" )

If two places list it, then its probably true. I still think its stupid to make an entire ep about Gible and have Kazu catch it and then have Ash capture a different one 10 eps later.

Sadly, I guess Gliscor is going to Oak's lab.

If two places list it, then its probably true. I still think its stupid to make an entire ep about Gible and have Kazu catch it and then have Ash capture a different one 10 eps later.

Sadly, I guess Gliscor is going to Oak's lab.

So I guess Ash capturing Corphish, Dawn capturing Buneary, and Misty capturing Corsola must have all been stupid, right?

Oh, and BTW, there may be that chance that this happens after the Sunyshore Gym. I mean, other than DP159, the only announced episodes we know of as of yet are DP149 and DP150, which is 9-10 episodes away, anyhow. For all we know, they would have gotten the Sunyshore Badge by the time DP159 happens.

Sunnyshore is after 160 for sure. No way is it happening after the galactic arc. I just have a feeling that's all but it just doesn't seem right.

Sunnyshore is after 160 for sure. No way is it happening after the galactic arc. I just have a feeling that's all but it just doesn't seem right.

So we got like 1 Gym battle this entire year (Snowpoint), my goodness.

Actually, the Team Galactic Arc starts at DP150. I doubt that they would make it more than three episodes, so there's still enough time for him to get to Sunyshore City before DP159.

That's at DP153. Give one episode to the thlon, one for the Gible thing, one or two to cool down, and just one to get to Sunnyshore thats up to DP158/159. Introducing Volkner would take 1 episode with the black out and his gym battle will be 161/162. This is not Hoenn and their failure writing. Its well thought and properly planned. And yeah 1 gym battle does sound crazy but whatever its better then nothing.

Pokethlon is 160, isn't it? If that's still before Sunyshore than we need more filler.

At least give Bertha her needed episode.

A quote from the Japanese amazon website:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/バンダイ-ポケットモンスター-キメわざポケモンキッズDP4-BOX-食玩/dp/B002QQ7C4I

商品紹介
ポケモンがわざを繰り出す瞬間を立体化した『キメわざポケモンキッズ』DPシリーズ第4弾。幻のポケモンの「アルセウス」「ジラーチ」を中心にルビー・サファイヤの初期ポケモンである「キモリ」「アチャモ」「ミズゴロウ」もラインナップ。さらにサトシの新たなる仲間のポケモンとなる「フカマル」をラインナップしている。(全15種類)

Babelfish translates the last and important part as follows:
さらにサトシの新たなる仲間のポケモンとなる「フカマル」をラインナップしている。(全15種 類)
"Furthermore it becomes [pokemon] of the companion where [satoshi] becomes new “[hukamaru]” is lined up. (All the 15 types)"

I already asked on serebiiforums if the translation was right, but so far, no Japanese native speaker or user who is capable of reading Japanese has confirmed it.
But nevertheless, I'm convinced that it's realiable and right!

Boy you are late. I already posted it.

Gliscor better not be released like Ambipom was. If its sent to Oak's that's ok.

If Gliscor is released then the writers really are morons.

Boy you are late. I already posted it.

I just wanted to post the exact wording so that somebody here who understands Japanese can translate it.
But all of a sudden half of my post is gone. Well, the Japanese letters (or how are they called correctly?) couldn't be displayed properly anyway...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom