• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

Sorry for the long post.

I get the appeal in psychics and ghosts since they've got such unique special abilities and all, but Dragon and Dark I'll never understand. They're pretty generic if they haven't got a quirk or dual type to level them out a little. Gible may be a dragon, but that's hardly what makes it an interesting catch imo. People get a little too caught up in 'oohing' and 'ahhing' at these so-caled taboo types methinks.

But dragon is a very rare type, ghost may have become the rarest type now since the 4th gen but still it is the second, of course if you exclude legendaries, dragon might again be the rarest type out there.

And Dragon type Pokemon resist the 3 most important elements: Grass, Water, and fire. I say important because they're the starter types. They also resist electricity, which is another, if you count Pikachu.

And they are only weak to two types (single typing obviously) dragon and ice.

What I really don´t get are the people who just seem to know that this Gible will be awesome and super-strong, just because it is a Gible...
I for one don't see the appeal in having an ultra weak Pokemon. It would be mean to give Ash a Pokemon who is knocked out constantly. I don't expect it to be OMG SO POWERFUL either but still a Pokemon who's at least capable of knocking out strong opponents would be fine.

Yeah, it is a pretty cool pokémon and it IS strong in-game when you evolve it, but...what if it is another Gliscor-like "clown-Pokémon"? I´d like a Gible like that.
I can't see it. Kazunari's Gible is the funniest I can see Gible being, even if it bites Ash's head or "tries to kill him" it won't be that funny. I just don't think Gible is the right comedy relief Pokemon. To be honest even if it could pull it off it would be boring. Especially with Gliscor still on the team.

Although it could be funny if it's shy like the Raichu Ash used in the school arc. That I can see being pulled off. A Gliscor personality, don't see it.

But, as Grave-E, Dogasu and other people already said: It would be stupid for Satoshi to catch a new team member NOW when he rather should work with his current team instead. I don´t know what to think about all of this, to be honest.

And yet he isn't. With the exception of Grotle, he hasn't really used any since DP133. Buizel didn't get to knock out that one girl's Zangoose making Pikachu take the win. Gliscor and Staraptor have been relegated to searching Pokemon. Monferno is just barely starting to be used again. They already gave Grotle a unique "ability", did it have to be used against Dawn's Cyndaquil? Granted any other Pokemon would've knocked it out but still. Grotle was just going to strut itself in the contest episode. I suppose this might start to change but again the lack of screen time is troubling.

Yes I know "it's" Dawn's time (I but 'it's' in quotes because I don't know if it still is her time). But that really is no excuse not to use one of his Pokemon.

And the way things are going now, I really doubt Gible would even be trained more than the rest anyway. Assuming Ash does oak something for Gible, I doubt it'll get much focus, maybe Volkner but it'll probably be oaked afterwards in favor of the Pokemon he oaked earlier.

Besides it does give Ash a reserve Pokemon. I for one find it hard to believe that Nurse Joy can heal someone's Pokemon as fast as in the games. Especially when they decided to make that aspect realistic canon. I mean Ash using his Pokemon over and over like in Hoenn makes me think the Hoenn Leagues' Nurse Joy is god. Kyle of the Wallace Cup also pointed out that using the same Pokemon over and over allows future opponents to counter strategies, which is why Ash lost to him.

Now a few things. While I doubt Gible would be used against Paul because you'd have to ask who'd make the cut. And while I doubt Paul will watch Ash's battles (or at least would want to), it does seem likely that Paul could counter Ash's energy ball power up if he saw it. So Ash using Gible here and there up until Paul could keep some surprises.

But there's also the possibility that Gible won't be used at all (right now). I mean Gligar was hardly used after capture. It took until the Chingling episode for it to reveal attacks. And until the episode Chimchar activates Blaze and goes crazy for it to have it's first true battle. And yes while Gligar did get some focus, it's proof that Gible could get no focus at this point in the series. Maybe and hopefully in the filler saga, but not now.

However it might depend on the manner of "capture." By that if Gible hatches from an egg then it could get a lot of focus. If he catches a wild one it could pull a "Krabby" and be used as a reserve up until the filler saga where it would become "Phanpy" and Ash brings it along.

We'll just have to see, what the future titles reveal and their summaries.

Gible is a Sinnoh Pokemon, it would probably be used in the "Sinnoh" saga. The writers could have had Ash capture a Johto Pokemon, but instead they had him get another Sinnoh one.

Its strange cause Sinnoh is almost over now, you'd think they were done advertising the Sinnoh Pokes outside of the ones currently on the team.

Its what also makes me believe the Brains will be in Sinnoh instead of Johto, along with the Elite 4.

Its what also makes me believe the Brains will be in Sinnoh instead of Johto, along with the Elite 4.

Palmer already said he's part of the Sinnoh BF - so there's no arguing about this
And obviously the Sinnoh E4 would be in Sinnoh...
I still think it's impossible that BF on a little island will fill the likely two years it'll need to cover, especially when Dawn would be left with nothing to do (E4 would be 10 eps at best, so it doesn't really change anything if it happens or not)
I really think we might get anime made up leaders/brains like characters put in Johto or a new anime made up place (just like Orange)

For Gible, I'm not really happy or sad at Ash getting it - I just hope it won't steal the Sinnoh team's spotlight, especially not the battle VS Paul in the League
I think it'd be the best if Gible is sent to Oak and then in whatever comes after Sinnoh is done - Ash will replace Buizel with Toto and Gliscor/Grotle with Gible... and maybe even Staraptor with Noctowl

Palmer already said he's part of the Sinnoh BF - so there's no arguing about this
And obviously the Sinnoh E4 would be in Sinnoh...
I still think it's impossible that BF on a little island will fill the likely two years it'll need to cover, especially when Dawn would be left with nothing to do (E4 would be 10 eps at best, so it doesn't really change anything if it happens or not)
I really think we might get anime made up leaders/brains like characters put in Johto or a new anime made up place (just like Orange)

Hope you're right. However, if Ash actually does stay in Sinnoh for the Battle Frontier, then, whether it's on the little Island or on the main Sinnoh area, Dawn still will have nothing to do (she would have already participated in her Sinnoh Grand Festival, anyways, so there definitely won't be much for her to do in Sinnoh.). Now, if Ash were to rechallenge the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Leagues and face the Elite 4 there assuming he wins all three of them there, I can imagine Dawn at least doing one contest each region and then leaving Ash to tackle the rest of the contest ribbons. Assuming the Sinnoh Elite 4 rumors are true, and Lucian's statements are indeed correct, then that Lucian episode may be a setup for Ash to rechallenge the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn leagues [it will at least kill time before what may result in Generation V.]

For Gible, I'm not really happy or sad at Ash getting it - I just hope it won't steal the Sinnoh team's spotlight, especially not the battle VS Paul in the League
I think it'd be the best if Gible is sent to Oak and then in whatever comes after Sinnoh is done - Ash will replace Buizel with Toto and Gliscor/Grotle with Gible... and maybe even Staraptor with Noctowl

He may also replace Monferno with Cyndaquil, as well, and Dawn might place Cyndaquil in Oak's/Elm's/Rowan's laboratory while she travels (assuming she DOES travel with Ash after the Sinnoh League/Elite 4 tourney.)

Gible is a Sinnoh Pokemon, it would probably be used in the "Sinnoh" saga. The writers could have had Ash capture a Johto Pokemon, but instead they had him get another Sinnoh one.

Not really. Look at the lineup for the Kanto Battle Frontier. Sceptile, Donphan, Aipom, Pikachu, Corphish, and Swellow.

Not really. Look at the lineup for the Kanto Battle Frontier. Sceptile, Donphan, Aipom, Pikachu, Corphish, and Swellow.

Yeah, but none of those were new captures. (Excluding Aipom which was obviously caught for DP).

Ash just took 3 of his Hoenn Pokemon, brought back Phanpy, and that was it for most of the region.

This time they give him a new Sinnoh capture when the DP era is over. It'd be like Ash capturing an extra Hoenn Pokemon after Glalie. I'm also surprised they went over the 6 Pokemon limit again, never though it would happen since it hasn't since the Johto era.

Although I was one of the first users in this thread who was overjoyed at the news about Ash getting a Gible, I'm beginning to wonder if this will REALLY turn out to be true in the end..
You know, if it were true, it would be one of the most incredible and fantastic ideas the writers ever had. But this also inevitably makes you think if it may possibly be too good to be true. You know, the more you think about it, the more you're starting to believe in conspiracy theories and all that stuff...
To be in the safe side, I've just checked the Japanese amazon website and it is still listing the toys and hasn't amended the description yet...
But the surer you get, the more unsure I get as to whether Ash will actually get Gible. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm slowly but surely reaching the point where I don't know anymore what to make of all this...

Eh, don't know what to say. But I agree that if Gible were to be caught, it shouldn't take much battle screentime from the other Pokemon. At least for now...

Come to think of it, at this rate the backlash (from the fans) would be even greater than for any other Poke when Ash oaks it for Gen 5 land. Oh, the humanity!

Come to think of it, at this rate the backlash (from the fans) would be even greater than for any other Poke when Ash oaks it for Gen 5 land. Oh, the humanity!
That's an interesting point... I hope it will never happen,though, but I also know that is will be inevitable some day...
For now I console myself with the thought that Gible/Gabite / Garchomp is bound to be on Ash's all-star team when (or should I say "if"?) he challenges Cynthia some day.

But we mustn't forget that at the moment the most important thing to concentrate on is that Ash actually gets it. Sure, there's convincing evidence, but it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet, either.
/me plays the doubting Thomas.

I just wish they paced the captures/evo's in DP better. The first 50 eps of DP had Ash with Turtwig/Aipom/Staravia and nothing else. I remember being so bored with Ash's team back then.

Ash's Sinnoh team didn't get good until Chimchar joined, Buizel was trade, and Gligar evolved.

Have you heard of any news concerning Ash and Gible?

I've just checked whether that Japanese amazon website which advertises those Pokemon toys including a Gible figure still exists. It does. What a relief.
At least it hasn't turned out to be a hoax or mistake so far

He never gets a Gible. Period. Kazunari is probably not coming back to give him the Gible. Is there any point keeping this thread open now?

Writers won't give him a dragon or ghost pokemon ever. Ash will always catch weak grass, water etc... pokemon and make them stronger.

He never has a steel type.

I don't know.. From all sorts of pokemon I wish Ash ro have a ghost type. It would be cool. Ash is very interesting trainer. I am sure he would show a big creativity with ghos pokemon.

Please, stop with these ridiculous fan made rules
There's no "banned types" - the writers can give him whatever they want
There's not much to discuss in this thread anymore, let's wait for 2009 to end and see what happens... there's still 2 months and a week

We now know all of November's title. That only leaves December. According to the toy website Ash was supposed to get Gible "by the end of the year."

If December really is the Sunyshore arc, its possible Ash won't get a Gible after all. Unless of course, he randomly captures a Gible in the middle of Sunyshore.

I'm starting to think this is false again, who knows.

Sunnyshore will not take place in December that I am sure of. Way to early and there is bound to be more breaks.

Scott, knowing the title of an episode doesn't mean anything
Until an episode actually aired, we can't be 100% sure what did or didn't happen in it
Things might happen even if they seem "unlikely"
So it still can be during November
Also, you're crazy if you think we'll get a Sunnyshore arc right after the Galactic final, we'll have a few "filler" eps as a break - most likely...
Until 2010 begin - we can't say this was false

Sunnyshore will not take place in December that I am sure of. Way to early and there is bound to be more breaks.

Are you sure? Its already been about 25 episodes since the Snowpoint Gym battle.

The James ep could be the only filler between them. I figure they could finish the last Sinnoh Gym battle this year so 2010 focuses on the climax of the Contest arc and the training for the league eps.

Aren't we assuming Sinnoh might be over by Movie 13? Probably not.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom