• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash on Dub's Title Card focus?

alcid34

Reaction score
Ok, since a few weeks into the XY series, I've been keeping track of the appearences of characters in the title card of both versions. For this week's episode (XY019), it's supposed to be Pikachu, but after realizing that Italy aired a week early, it's Ash in the title card, just like in virtually all episodes (except from XY009-XY011)! What is up with this anyways?

Lazy?

It's just a minor detail I don't even care about myself. Doesn't effect the episode at all.

My guess is that they want to standardize the introduction. It has happened before like the Pokémon images in Dare Da? compared to the images in Who's That Pokémon? in the original series or the first BW introduction that unveils a Pokémon depending on the episode.

I'm not about to throw a fit about it, but it is annoying. For once, in XY the whole show doesn't revolve around Ash. Before now, unless his companion was a coordinator they'd get maybe one or two episodes per saga that focus on them (This was one of the reasons that Ash got on my nerves more and more).The title cards reflect that but ... whatever, it's a second on the screen

They've kept the focus on other characters a few times so I'm guessing it's just laziness like what Dogasu said.

TPCI's masters might be a little funky too though because the "To Be Continued" text is missing from like half of the episodes.

Never even knew the title card ever showed other characters. I thought it was only Ash, haha. Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, but it would be cool if they did mix it up depending on who the focus character is.

Never even knew the title card ever showed other characters. I thought it was only Ash, haha. Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, but it would be cool if they did mix it up depending on who the focus character is.
Which is what the Japanese version already does.

I'm not sure if it's laziness though, bad masters might also be a reason. I mean, why wouldn't the episodes come with clean titlecards? Why would TPCI go though the effort of changing titlecards on purpose?

Changing how the title card looks doesn't effect the series. It's much easier just to keep a default version of the title card instead of changing it every episode.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom