• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash Or A New Guy?

Who do you want in the anime?

• Ash

Votes: 146 62.4%
  • A New Guy :)

Votes: 88 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmjoww

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Would you like to see the end of Ash in the anime and have a new guy take his place?
Or would you like to see the Ash saga continued?

Post your thoughts here

What type of question is this? :XD:

Of course they'd keep Ash, he's a staple of the show and a lot of people would stop watching the Anime if he laeves.

Like how the characters in the games get replaced each region, sorta like that, so instead of Ash, for the next region, say, Brendans journey

I think that the anime could regain some of it's former glory, and viewers if they made a new protagonist.

I think that the anime could regain some of it's former glory, and viewers if they made a new protagonist.

Although some people believe, by replacing some old things with new would give the anime more "glory", many previous examples deter that arguement. (All the Misty Fans for example.)

Even though many people believe Ash has kinda "ran out of fuel", it'd still be pretty bad to cut him out. As I've already repeated, Ash is a staple to the anime. If he's out, so will it.

Ash should stay, even if you replace him you get a new character pretty much with the same goal and same personality what have you got? An all new yugioh GX folks. I say keep Ash, at least we've known him for along time.
I don't know about you guys, he's my favorite ^^

Ash shouldnt be replaced permanantly, but temporarily. The female Player from Black and White should be the center of attention in the anime...even if it means for Brock to journey alongside. Misty should return as well...nobody needs Dawn or May at all. lol.

Sheesh, how many times is this topic going to be brought up?

People have already pointed out why replacing Ash and Pikachu would tank the anime so I'm not going to bother repeating all of that. Ash & Pikachu are basically the mascots of the series. So no, they shouldn't replace them.

Ok, you asked for it, now you're going to get it. I do believe our last argument proved Ash is staying forever. Anyone that denies it is only fooling themselves. It's over now. As for wanting Ash to be replaced, I'll let you have your dream, but that's all it is, a dream. For me, Ash may not be the best character on the face of the planet, but I don't see them doing any better if they could replace him.

For now, Ash. But I'd like to see him become a Pokemon master sometime, and then maybe have a minor role mentoring the next generation of trainers.

I've disliked Ash from the start.
We need a new guy who is older.
Or make the manga into an anime...

Ash should have been wrapped up with DP. Shame he wasn't.

I agree with Gliscor'd. They should of done something like Pokemon Adventures.

No shit.

And every story needs an end, to say otherwise is just stupid.

You're not going to get that end you want, at least when you want because Ash is going to be around for a LONG time still.

I'm curious, how long are you willing to wait? Once BW is over and Ash continues on will you leave or will you be unable to and stick around being bitter like Scott?

You're not going to get that end you want, at least when you want because Ash is going to be around for a LONG time still.

Chances are he will, but people saying his story will never end just seems to come across as silly to me. With all of Ash's goals, do you really think the show won't end and go on forever without him ever achieving his goals.

I'm curious, how long are you willing to wait? Once BW is over and Ash continues on will you leave or will you be unable to and stick around being bitter like Scott?

I'll probably just do what I did with Johto, and most of Hoenn. I only watched the Key battles ( Badges, Ribbons, league, and GF). DP was the first saga since Kanto, and Orange that I watched almost the entirety of. But at some point I want to see Ash actually become a champion, and have cameos to mentor a new generation of kids.

This thread can really be closed though, since we are discussing the same exact thing in the "End of Sinnoh" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom