• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash Or A New Guy?

Who do you want in the anime?

• Ash

Votes: 146 62.4%
  • A New Guy :)

Votes: 88 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash, I think. His story could have been ended after the Silver Conference with him becoming the champion of Kanto and Johto. But he has already passed away from "his" Game Generations. He has gone too far to left the series.
Besides, the B/W boy looks very much like Ash/Red. Design Reasons. :)

Pikachu is what made Ash famous. They're never going to remove Ash from the show only because of the positive influence Pikachu made on the show, the creators and its fans.

The only trainer I can see replacing ash would be gary.
MAYBE ritchie but I don't think so.

Initially, I always wanted Ash to stay. But considering he has no growth (other than battle strategies from new-coming Pokes), that is the only reason I would want him to leave.

Imagine if the cartoon went in the direction it did in the first season...

Imagine as the seasons go by, Ash and Pikachu actually grow older. Ash's hair longer in a pony tail. Pikachu having battle scars from key matches they had in devastating episodes.

Of course, having the show go THIS way would have resulted in an end to Ash's journey at some point in D/P, or perhaps in cancellation.

Every season needs to start fresh, (just as every generation of games allow) which is exactly why Ash and Pikachu will stay forever, due to the fact that they are "timeless". No growth allows them to be fresh every season, and of course, with the addition of that generation's/region's starring characters.

By now, Ash is, without a doubt, going to stay.

That's fine by me. Manga Black's like a flanderized Ash, even more hot-blooded and does less planning (though he has a Munna to help clear his head for a while). And Lucas looks too much like Ash, but skinnier. There wouldn't be much difference.

Brock on the other hand...

As much as Ash annoys me, I wouldnt like it if he would get replaced, which is unlikely anyway. He's been a part of an anime that has been running for 10+ years, and has been an iconic face for Pokemon.

I think Ash has overdue his time as he just drifts off and that character development resets. I say give us another guy and let Ash be his mentor

Ash represents the player going to new regions and starting over. The new clothes are a metaphor for the fact that the player takes on new "avatars" in each region, but keeping the same character represents that you are still the one playing it, rather than just a new generation of players . So I'm good with him as the main character.

By now, Ash is, without a doubt, going to stay.

Really? Cause at this point it seems like Ash could be wrapped up. If TR leave by BW's end, I don't think Ash is far behind.

That would be the sign the writers want to do a true reboot next gen.

Really? Cause at this point it seems like Ash could be wrapped up. If TR leave by BW's end, I don't think Ash is far behind.

That would be the sign the writers want to do a true reboot next gen.

Keep dreaming about Ash leaving, it'll just make you more bitter once the BW series is over. As has been shown TR don't have to be serious 100% of the time and likely aren't going to leave.

I'd rather have a new guy, but that should be a more "mature" anime for the older audience. Doesn't have to have sexual themes or blood, but it could at least get out of the "Let's all be friends and be happyhappy together!" type of stuff. It could be a lot more serious.

But, if we didn't have Ash who would we make fun of? And who would Gary be better than?

I'm fine with Ash staying as the main character. After all, if he's managed to survive this long, he ought to survive a bit longer.

I've grown tired of Ash...he's really not even a character anymore, as he now seems void of an authentic personality...He seems just like a shell, being reduced to nothing more than a promotional tool for the new games, regions, and pokemon...This has shown in Pikachu's character as well...

Not only that, but the unclear explanation of what a Pokemon Master truly is, and what must a trainer do to obtain and keep a hold of such a title doesn't help either...Also, has it ever really been stated why Ash wants to be a pokemon master? It just seems like a reason to have him there...What is his inspiration? Where's the direction? Where is he going in his future? I feel like those things have yet to be answered...

I wouldn't mind if Ash's story were wrapped up in BW, and then have him replaced with someone new.

Where is the "I don't care which" option? Although this thread didn't need to be revived anyway, knowing how pointless it is.

Keep dreaming about Ash leaving, it'll just make you more bitter once the BW series is over. As has been shown TR don't have to be serious 100% of the time and likely aren't going to leave.

Whatever gave you this impression?

well this is assuming there is even a 6th generation or even a 7th :O i dont have anything against ash but i do feel he seriously needs some sort of closure... i dont think best wishes will give him decent closure so im hoping he carrys on afterwards and eventually get his storyline summed up... even if he does still stick around as a side character :)
when they stop making new games then ash will leave... maybe oppening an oppertunity for pokemon adventures anime :)
i see no point in keeping him until 2040 :O hopefully he wont stick around that long :/

I'm for a new guy! This I don't grow-up phase of Ash is getting stupid after 14 years!
Ash had his story, but the anime is a little naive, I think it needs more action and more drama, to heat things up! This formation off the anime can not do that!
The population who watches the anime did grow up and need some more "adult" plot!

I would love to see a new guy in the 6gen, who can have an electric elementary monkey, just to resemble Ash! (But before that, Ash has to go and challenge the Kanto league again and win that shit! :D )

We've only just started the 5th Gen and theres not really any indication of future gens yet. However, we all know there will be. SO, I could see Ash lasting to Gen 6. Just to tie up the numerous loose ends, but Gen 7 would be taking it too far. Ash has to leave at some point. I think there shouldv'e been a new guy a while back, but I definitely think we'll see one by gen 7. Gen 8 at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom