• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash... picking up pokemon chicks?

Slipstream

One and Only Slipstream!
Reaction score
Well, this is going far out there, but yeah, notice that Ash has attracted decent amount of female pokemon. I mean, we can list Chikorita, Latias, and Aipom to name a few.

Seriously, is that creepy or what?

Well, he never really returned the affection in that sort of way. I wouldn't really see it as creepy unless it was he who had initiated it. Besides, I think the affection is pretty much platonic for most of those. The only Pokémon who could have possibly shown romantic interest in Ash was Latias, because it was not confirmed it was her who kissed him.
Lucky guy if it was, though. :3

Yeah, this is going QUITE far out...

Gotta agree with Sleet, though. Not many people get to make out with legendary Pokémon.

he's also 'attracted' quite a few male pokemon, hmmm that solves it, Ash must be gay................

Like Sleet said, unless Satoshi was trying to pick them up himself, it doesn't bother me at all. Infact, the idea of Chikorita or Latias being attracted to him is totally cute. One of those one-way shippings for me.

Something I am concerned about (and almost wouldn't put past them in the future) is that weird mention of pokemon marrying humans in Diamond and Pearl. Now if the show even remotely starts hinting around with that, THEN I'll be scared. I don't give a crap if in the pokemon universe "humans came from Mew", ya, and? Up until now Pokemon have been regarded as pets and animals, to suddenly try and say "ya and btw, people married pokemon" is just...creepy man.

Ash did seem uncomfortable with Chikorita's crush on him.

My issue is that while the male pokemon seem fine in liking other female pokemon, female pokemon seem to like ash for some reason. I mean, not all of them like humans, but some of Ash's, yeah.

I mean, they're willing to go out of their own species. Kinda weird if you think about it.

I mean, they're willing to go out of their own species. Kinda weird if you think about it.
Well as I already said, the video games try and say people were once pokemon (ah, you can just smell the plotholes and errors), so technically they wouldn't be "outside of their species". That said though, I think their love for Satoshi is more like the love a dog gets for its master. It may risk its life and travel countless miles to find you, but it's not like it has romantic feelings for you. Same with family or friends. You can say "I love you so very much" to them and truely mean it, but that type of love is not the same as a spouse.

My issue is that while the male pokemon seem fine in liking other female pokemon
Eh, that one's a tad bit debateable. Although some could argue otherwise, I seriously think part of Darkrai's protection of Alice had to do with attraction. Not only because of the ending song, but I keep recalling some sort of summary or advertisement refering to the situation as "beauty and the beast", which...ya. Kind of obvious there.

Something I am concerned about (and almost wouldn't put past them in the future) is that weird mention of pokemon marrying humans in Diamond and Pearl. Now if the show even remotely starts hinting around with that, THEN I'll be scared. I don't give a crap if in the pokemon universe "humans came from Mew", ya, and? Up until now Pokemon have been regarded as pets and animals, to suddenly try and say "ya and btw, people married pokemon" is just...creepy man.

Wuh? They said this in the anime? What episode?

Wuh? They said this in the anime? What episode?

I think Yotsuba was talking about the games, and while I do remember something like that from the Canalave Library, and I don't think it outright stated "humans used to marry Pokémon" but something along the lines of coexisting, etc.

Coexisting I'm fine with, but breeding and origin from Pokemon is disturbing.

Hey, if humans and Pokémon can interbreed, who says we're not supposed to marry? ;3

And I see Pokémon liking humans as not that creepy, as there are no biological issues with breeding between species with other Pokémon, and it's strongly implied that there are no moral issues either. Humans liking Pokémon is a bit creepier, since we don't breed outside our species at all. Real humans at least.

If a human and Pokemon ever try to "get together," then I would quit watching the anime forever.

Just think of all the creepy fanart that would create. In fact, there already is creepy fanart like that.

If a human and Pokemon ever try to "get together," then I would quit watching the anime forever.

Just think of all the creepy fanart that would create. In fact, there already is creepy fanart like that.

Like romantic pikashipping?

You know, if humans came from mew, then where does Arceus come in at now? I mean, sure it's a newer pokemon, but it's being described as a god. So yeah, how do we deal with that?

Also, I don't think the two species would be compatiable anyways. There couldn't be a half human half pokemon child since the pokemon all perform egg births, and humans are only live births. (Which even then doesn't make sense, since the mammalian pokemon lay eggs? Seriously?)

The Arceus/Mew thing is a question for a different thread, but from my understanding, Arceus created Mew, and from Mew descended the rest of the Pokémon, or at least the first 150. Plus possibly the humans, depending on your source of canon.

As for the birth thing, I'd assume a male human with a female Pokémon would involve laying an egg that hatches into a Pokémon, and a female human with a male Pokémon would involve live birth of a human. Or perhaps, maybe humans lay eggs in the Pokémon world. It's outlandish, but weirder things have happened there, and it's not like we've ever seen a character give live birth.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom