• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash Possibly Getting a Mega Ring (Possible Proof, Thoughts + Usage in the Series )

Re: Ash Possibly Getting a Mega Ring (Possible Proof, Thoughts + Usage in the Series

I'd say there's a good chance that if he's getting any Mega Evolution, it'd be Charizard X. Mega Evolution is all about popularity and fanservice, and the most popular Pokemon Ash owns is Charizard. On top of that, it's more Kanto nostalgia. Now why Charizard X and not Charizard Y? For one, there's Fletchinder, it has the exact same type combination as Charizard, and while they have been known to repeat types from time to time, I don't think they'd go as far as having the exact same dual type combination. By using Charizard X, they can show off its Dragon typing a little more, maybe have it learn Dragon Claw or something. Secondly, it's the more popular of the two Mega Charizards, so of course that's the one they're going to show off. I suppose he could get Mega Sceptile for ORAS references, but I don't think he'd be quite as marketable as Charizard X.

Basically, I think there's maybe a 60% chance that he'll get Charizard X, 30% chance that he'll get nothing, and 10% chance he'll get Mega Sceptile.

I sort of disagree, because mega evolution shouldn't be about what is the most likely Pokemon, it should be what should happen at random chance in terms of mega stone.

Sceptile in my opinion seems more likely because Ash getting Sceptilite(?) is more likely than Ash randomly getting his hands on a Charizardite. Because there are QUITE a few trainers with Mega Charizard, that maybe there shouldn't even be any more Charizardite except maybe for the Y variation of the mega stone.

I just think that unless it's Professor Oak that gives Ash a mega stone, no random person is going to magically show up with a Charizard Mega Stone as if they have clairvoyant abilities. Ash casually mentioning he has a Sceptile would be more likely given the likely episode revolving around mega evolution if its ORAS related. Only reason Ash would mention his Charizard is because of Trevor and since Trevor has a Charmander is probably another reason why Ash getting Mega Sceptile is far more likely, especially if Shauna, Tierno and Trevor show up with their mega evolved forms of their Pokemon.

And even if the writers WOULD give Ash Mega Charizard, it doesn't make much sense, logically speaking given everything that's going on. I feel like if anything Ash not having any mega evolution is probably technically the most likely, simply because they don't care for Ash as a character, but if he did, either it's going to be Sceptile, simply due to the fact of ORAS, or maybe some Kalos Pokemon will get a Mega Evolution, and therefore Ash will get THAT variety of mega evolution. Charizard really doesn't seem all that likely to me. Unless the Charizard appearance in Best Wishes was foreshadowing, but Charizard definitely is far more likely than Heracross. I just think Sceptile is especially likely given that it's the only other fully evolved starter Ash has that CAN mega evolve.

Re: Ash Possibly Getting a Mega Ring (Possible Proof, Thoughts + Usage in the Series

I don't see why Satoshi can acquire multiple stones. I see no reason for the cartoon to stick to one Mega Pokemon per trainer or battle. Satoshi is going to start over again after XY anyhow, so he might as well enjoy the freedom of multiple Mega Pokemon while he can.

It's either Mega Charizard Y (most likely) or Mega Sceptile (2nd most likely)

(or the anime will go even more insane with megazard X O_O) I feel like May could appear soon and give ash the mega stone for sceptile to promote Omega ruby and alpha sapphire

am i the only one who hasn't forgotten about Ash's pidgeot, though he did state that he would return someday for it.

am i the only one who hasn't forgotten about Ash's pidgeot, though he did state that he would return someday for it.

Not the only one, but it doesn't matter in the least.

By the time they were through with the Orange Islands, there was really no incentive to bring it back and they literally and figuratively moved on. Also, each generation has new birds to show off who do the same job just as well, if not better. Plus, the poor thing was actually his most underused or 2nd most underused bird (depending on how you look at Pidove/Tranquail/Unfeazant), and never did anything particularly cool or memorable.

There have been PLENTY of times Ash could've stopped by and gotten in during those times between regions/sagas when he stopped by Pallet Town, but no one's thought it.

Also, at this point it's looking like Ash won't get a Mega-Evolution...

I Don't know what I'm kind of getting is the Alain meet up might give him charizadite x. Alain goes back to the doc and stuff. So I'm guessing it's charizard X.

Okay, so let's see all of Ash's Pokemon he could potentially bring back and Mega Evolve...

-Charizard (likely)
-Bulbasaur (must evolve to Venusaur)
-Squirtle (must evolve to Blastoise)
-Pidgeot (must be re-caught)
-Heracross (likely)
-Sceptile (likely)
-Glalie
-Gible (must evolve to Garchomp)

Do you think the writers would really be stupid enough to waste this perfect opportunity to bring back Pigeot? I think Satoshi should fill his final slot with this awesome Mega Queen of birds.

Do you think the writers would really be stupid enough to waste this perfect opportunity to bring back Pigeot? I think Satoshi should fill his final slot with this awesome Mega Queen of birds.

Why not? Because the anime staffs demonstrated through out all these years that they are really that stupid enough to waste all the possible opportunities and potential to write a good satisfying story. I think it is even possible that writers and director board decided to give no ME to Ash throughout the entire XY series, regardless of how large the fanbase wanted to see one.

It's a shame. The whole theme of Megavolution (besides giving your 'mon a flashy transformation and a badass new form) is the whole "power of friendship" idea, something that Ash has clung to as part of his mantra since forever. Sadly, "power of friendship" to him also means not letting his Pokemon evolve or training them in any way that would allow them to win consistently, let alone turn one of them into a one-mon army. In the anime, these Megavolutions are shown to be incredibly powerful; I don't think I've seen one lose to anything less than another Mega or a legendary. Could you really see a constant loser like Ash getting something like that and actually making good use of it? Yeah right.

My guess? The closest he'll get will be a one-off thing where the writers go "screw the rules!" and DEM one of Ash's Pokemon into Megavolving without anything other than teh friendshipz. They messed with Kyurem's and Mewtwo's transformation mechanics, so why not this one? It's either this, or nothing at all.

It's a shame. The whole theme of Megavolution (besides giving your 'mon a flashy transformation and a badass new form) is the whole "power of friendship" idea, something that Ash has clung to as part of his mantra since forever. Sadly, "power of friendship" to him also means not letting his Pokemon evolve or training them in any way that would allow them to win consistently, let alone turn one of them into a one-mon army. In the anime, these Megavolutions are shown to be incredibly powerful; I don't think I've seen one lose to anything less than another Mega or a legendary. Could you really see a constant loser like Ash getting something like that and actually making good use of it? Yeah right.

My guess? The closest he'll get will be a one-off thing where the writers go "screw the rules!" and DEM one of Ash's Pokemon into Megavolving without anything other than teh friendshipz. They messed with Kyurem's and Mewtwo's transformation mechanics, so why not this one? It's either this, or nothing at all.
That's why Pikachu beat Mega Lucario right.Also how is Ash a constant loser.

That's why Pikachu beat Mega Lucario right.

Oh, that's right... yeah, I've got a pretty bad memory. Pikachu's power levels are weird... sometimes it's strong enough to take out three Pokemon with a Thunderbolt for cryin out loud, and other times it can't even beat some noob's new Pokemon.

Okay, revision time: other than Mega Lucario, I don't recall Megas losing to anything other than Megas or Legendaries. And that being said, Megacario was able to knock Pikachu around like a pingpong ball the first few times it went out of control.

As for why he's a constant loser... check how many times he's won the league, and see how often he wins against people he meets on the road. Also, the Unova region. Heck, read a good portion of the anime forum and you can get a good idea of how competent Ash is as a trainer.

That's why Pikachu beat Mega Lucario right.

Oh, that's right... yeah, I've got a pretty bad memory. Pikachu's power levels are weird... sometimes it's strong enough to take out three Pokemon with a Thunderbolt for cryin out loud, and other times it can't even beat some noob's new Pokemon.

Okay, revision time: other than Mega Lucario, I don't recall Megas losing to anything other than Megas or Legendaries. And that being said, Megacario was able to knock Pikachu around like a pingpong ball the first few times it went out of control.

As for why he's a constant loser... check how many times he's won the league, and see how often he wins against people he meets on the road. Also, the Unova region. Heck, read a good portion of the anime forum and you can get a good idea of how competent Ash is as a trainer.
I'm specifically talking about him in Kalos and he has bacially steamrolled every trainer he's faced recently starting with Tierno.

I'm specifically talking about him in Kalos and he has bacially steamrolled every trainer he's faced recently starting with Tierno.

And here I was, thinking that a character is defined by more than just the last half-dozen episodes he was in. Just because someone's on a winning streak recently doesn't mean that they're a competent trainer overall. Maybe he's got a good rhythm going now, but overall, his career has been less than consistently good.

Now that I've cleared that up, how about we get back to the topic on hand? D'you have any thoughts on this?

Okay, so let's see all of Ash's Pokemon he could potentially bring back and Mega Evolve...

-Charizard (likely)
-Bulbasaur (must evolve to Venusaur)
-Squirtle (must evolve to Blastoise)
-Pidgeot (must be re-caught)
-Heracross (likely)
-Sceptile (likely)
-Glalie
-Gible (must evolve to Garchomp)

The only one who stands a chance is Charizard, with Sceptile having a shot (though it's be lessened thanks to Scottie). The rest don't stand a snowball's chance in Charizard Valley. Arceus knows Squirtle and Bulbasaur don't have a shot after all these years of being mascots.

Calling it now: Mega-Pikachu exclusive to the TV Show during a special occasion or emergency because the plot calls for it!

And here I was, thinking that a character is defined by more than just the last half-dozen episodes he was in. Just because someone's on a winning streak recently doesn't mean that they're a competent trainer overall. Maybe he's got a good rhythm going now, but overall, his career has been less than consistently good.

Now that I've cleared that up, how about we get back to the topic on hand? D'you have any thoughts on this?

So you're basically saying ash is not competent, right?

So you're basically saying ash is not competent, right?

If that's what she is saying then she must be stuck in the original series.

Well, there were also those several seasons that took place in Unova... but hey, the less we remember them, the better, right?

Well, there were also those several seasons that took place in Unova... but hey, the less we remember them, the better, right?

Like I said when I first joined, I've missed most of the episodes in the anime. But I know that he's improved significantly.

They kinda already did that with Diancie

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom