• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash...(spoilers for latest Japanese episode)

The anime even though it's not like it was in the begining is still there to somewhat showcase the games. Ash is still going to do gyms as long as gyms are still in the game. Like everyone on every topic has said they aren't going to replace a character with someone else who does the exact same thing.

NOT SO FAST GREATLIVER!

What about Brock? He was pretty much replaced with Tracey who had a simmilar role.....but then he came back.

I could imagine that happening if they cut Ash

They still about served the same point. A generally more mature person who does nothing of importance bar one or two episodes a season.

The Brock/Tracey thing was only because of complaints from American audiences.

They're not going to have a character do the same thing as a previous one anymore, which is why Ash will do Gyms, and May will do Super Contests.

The writers keep showcasing Hikari with the legends for a reason, she isn't going to be doing a quest like Ash and May. I don't see how it could be more obvious.

^ I completely agree with you, Scott85. It just makes the most sense for everyone to do what they're supposed to do (which in my opinion, means Ash has to collect the badges).

It would be great to have him escape from being a 'learner' and start acting like a Trainer who has already proven his fundamental ability and now wishes to progress towards a Mastery.
That's the thing though.

You see BenRG, people seem to keep forgetting that the anime has STILL not told us what else Ash has to do become a Pokemon Master. They haven't clearly defined the term in the show, and they haven't given us the requirements of the tite/position either.

The way I see it, we won't see Ash become a Pokemon Master until the writers start to reveal those things and give us more information.

I mean, come on, all we now so far is that in order to become a Pokemon Master you need to:

- get all badges in every region

- compete in every region's league

But, other than that, we don't know anything else.

I mean, I know there has to be more to it than that. It's just that the writers haven't told us what else Ash has to do. I don't know, maybe getting all 7 Symbols at the Battle Frontier was part of the "requirements" to become a Pokemon Master.

Even so, there's obviously much more that Ash needs to do, and we don't know what that is yet.

UGH Tracey/Brock are side characters, they can be replaced along with Misty if they have to. Ash is the main character, its different, plus he brings in the money with his Pikachu therfore none of the managers in charge of Pokemon have any thing to coplaine about. Brock didn't do any thing for Pokemon, the American's complained about him in fact and since he was a side character and didn't bring any thing improtant to the show they could replace him with another character. They brought him back though becuase Tracey did horrible in Japan, and they learned from that insadent now, if they did it again only this time with Ash it would be ten times worse becuase the fans have been used to him for 9 years now and pretty much feel in love with his adventures. I just don't see it happening, there are too many signs pointing to Ash staying any ways, its not happing, its pretty much confirmed, sorry Ash haters, don't have a heart attack if he stays though.

I agree. People need to realize some characters on this show are more important than others.

I don't know where people got the idea that, "Everyone should have equal screentime!" from.

Because, it's the law of Anime!

I mean, every other Anime gives all the characters equal screen time! Right?

Because, it's the law of Anime!

I mean, every other Anime gives all the characters equal screen time! Right?

Where did you get that idea, I can name a couple of animes where some anime shows just have it focoused on the main character. Dragon Ball for instance, it was focoused on mini Goku the whole time. Any ways Pokemon some times focouses on other characters, but like other anime shows focouses on the main character the most, its how it works.

I believe he was being sarcastic. Though balance isn't a bad thing.

Yes it is, its a very bad thing cough sorcastic cough. Any ways I saw that on Serebii forums, I say Hikari runs into Ash/Jessie/James and if May/Max do return they'll come into the second episode but who knows if they will.

I agree. People need to realize some characters on this show are more important than others.

I don't know where people got the idea that, "Everyone should have equal screentime!" from.
I don't know where people go the idea that, "Everyone who does not have as much screentime as the hero is automatically a rubbish character and should die right now" from.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom