• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash vs. Ash

TapLover

Reaction score
Would anyone like to see an (sort-of) crossover between the "actual" Ash and the Ash from the "reboot" anime? It would be a simple set-up: Ash and Go arrive in Kanto, only to find a trainer who "looks" like Ash (as in the SM anime). Since they think he has the same name as Ash and claims to be the same person as him (making SS!Ash thinks he's a doppelganger), he decides to battle them with his Pikachu.

Weird but possible isn't it?

You do realize SM Ash is the same Ash in PM2019? All of the main anime series are in the same continuity.

Your post would have made sense if you mentioned the M20/M21 Ash. And we've already seen Ash meets Ash back in XY's mirror world, I don't think two Ash's with the same personality clashing will work out.

For some reason, I thought that this would be about the two different voice actors for Ash talking to each, but this setup really doesn't make sense. SM Ash and PM Ash are the same character. Each series is set within the same continuity, so outside of something like the Mirror World episode, Ash can't really meet another version of himself. I'm also confused as to why people still think that the new series is a reboot at this point. They clearly established that this isn't a reboot with that image from Ash's room full of stuff like his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring.

Actually it could have been kind of fun if XY Satoshi who was a little bit more mature met his "younger" OS self. Kind of like how Naruto met his younger self in a special episode.

Would Satoshi be embarrassed of his old pity badges since he made a big deal out of it at Skyla's gym?

The problem is that the current Satoshi seems arguably even younger than OS Satoshi so they wouldn't clash in any interesting way.

For some reason, I thought that this would be about the two different voice actors for Ash talking to each, but this setup really doesn't make sense. SM Ash and PM Ash are the same character. Each series is set within the same continuity, so outside of something like the Mirror World episode, Ash can't really meet another version of himself. I'm also confused as to why people still think that the new series is a reboot at this point. They clearly established that this isn't a reboot with that image from Ash's room full of stuff like his Alola League trophy and Z-Ring.

Just yesterday I saw a Twitter post calling it a reboot. It's basically a running gag at this point that some fans call each new series a reboot.

Just yesterday I saw a Twitter post calling it a reboot. It's basically a running gag at this point that some fans call each new series a reboot.

That has been pretty common since BW, despite how that also showed some of Ash's accomplishments and items from the three previous series. It was especially bad for SM, but I don't recall much, if any, reboot talk for XY when it started. If BW and SM are any indication, the reboot notion won't stop until they showcase an older traveling companion.

But then again SS!Ash has Delia, right? Also, I don't seriously know which arc is "old shame" cause Johto is excluded from the display in the second episode...

SS!Ash vs. OS Ash would make more sense

If the writers did want to tackle a subject like this, maybe they could by bringing Richie back for an episode?? Essentially, he is the "Ash clone" and it honestly would be pretty fun to see where their separate journeys have taken them. Ash has come a long way from the kid he was since we last saw the two together in Johto, and I'd like to see Richie comment on that.

That has been pretty common since BW, despite how that also showed some of Ash's accomplishments and items from the three previous series. It was especially bad for SM, but I don't recall much, if any, reboot talk for XY when it started. If BW and SM are any indication, the reboot notion won't stop until they showcase an older traveling companion.
To be fair, BW tied much more smoothly into XY, with Ash traveling with Alexa and changing to his Kalos outfit in the finale. The DP→BW, XY→SM and SM→PM transitions didn't really do much more than one small reference.

Funny, I saw a hilarious post in Twitter yesterday from a guy who says that the anipoke fandom always calls something a reboot when it doesn't match up with their fanfics.

You mean Ash of the main anime meets Ash of the M20 and M21 movies? I think they'll get along. Personally, I want to see Ash meets Red from the Adventures Manga.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom