• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Alola team

Well, since all the new Pokemon are out in the open along with several trailers and summaries for the first few episodes, time for a new list.

Rowlet- I didn't and still don't want him with this thing, but the trailers seem to have nearly confirmed that he gets it:/
Pikipek-Continues on with the bird tradition, and a recent summary makes it seem likely. But part of me still hopes he doesn't catch one.
Litten-It's been seen interacting with him in trailers and is in front of him on the recent poster. I also can't see any of the other new fire-types fitting him, so at this point I think it's pretty likely that Litten will be his fire-type.
Passimian-It looks awesome and I could totally see Ash with one using its berry for unique battle tactics.
Mudsdale-This is pretty much the only other Pokemon I could see with Ash. Considering its extreme strength, I think it would do well with him. Plus he could also ride it.

Other options
Popplio- If Lana doesn't remain part of the cast after the school arc.
Grubbin-It's been shown off in a few trailers and it seems like Ash tries to catch one. I think it would be fitting and it could give him another electric-type if it evolves.
Pa'u Oricorio-If he doesn't get Pikipek, I hope he'll get this bird. I think it would be funny to see Ash have to adapt to a Pokemon that moves at its own pace.

Rowlet going to Ash is a good thing. I am glad Ash is not getting another Water starter cause he doesn't deserve one anymore. Litten line are cat pokemon which seems more of a companion pokemon.

I think Ash's starter Pokemon will be...

Litten > Torracat > Incineroar
I think Litten looks Ash's type, specially when it evolves. I'd like to see some gags with Incineroar attacking the opposing Trainer. I'd like to see an arc with Ash trying to control his hostile Incineroar.

Rowlet > Dartrix > Decidueye
I think Rowlet suits Ash to a certain extent. Rowlet could have some interesting gags on its part. When it evolves into Dartrix, I'd like to see an arc/mini arc regarding Dartrix's 'teenage personality'.
I want Decidueye to be this generation's 'Pidgeot', the calm, and obedient counterpart to the hyper and hostile Incineroar.

Initial team for Ash:

Pikachu
Grubbin
Rowlet
Litten
Rockruff

Now I doubt Ash will catch Pikipek.

Here's my new idea for what Ash's roster might entail:
  1. Pikachu
    He always has it.

2. Rowlett > Dartrix > Decidueye
    It's pretty likely Ash is getting Rowlett, so evolving it all the way would give Ash his first official Ghost-type.

3. Grubbin > Charjabug > Vikavolt
    Based on a trailer of a Grubbin pinching Ash's nose, he might try to catch one.

4. Rockruff --> Lycanroc (Midday)
    It's personality in both forms seem like something Ash could feasibly handle. In fact, both stges pretty much resemble a part of Ash's character.
A few other Pokémon that I could see Ash catching or brining back but I'm not too sure about will be listed under here:
  • Ash-Greninja
    Not only is it popular among the Japanese audience, but the fact that you can use it in Sun and Moon as well as the presence of Zygarde in Alola in said games make it a little more likely for it, Squishy, and Z2 to visit Ash in Alola. However, those in and of itself might not be good enough for the writers to bring them back.If they do come back, I could see Ash-Greninja popping in for an episode or two to search for Zygarde's three remaining Cores and the rest of its cells. Another possibility is that it will help Ash fend off the threat of the Ultra Beasts.

• Tauros
    Ash's mention of them gives them at least a small chance for one of them to reappear, maybe for a Poké Pelago episode.

• Noctowl
    It could come back for a Poké Pelago episode and interact with Rowlett/Dartrix/Decidueye as a fellow owl Pokémon. Plus, it could show off the fact that Noctowl can now learn Moonblast!

• Snorlax
    Yet another old Pokémon I could see coming back for a Poké Pelago episode should the writers choose to do so. Plus, it could showcase its signature Z-Move, Pulverizing Pancake!

• Pyukumuku
    It would be interesting to see how Ash works with this one both due to its ability and its tendency to always want to be in one spot. Ash helping it overcome this bad habit would make for an interesting dynamic. Maybe its new spot will end up being on Ash's head? However, I am not as sure about whether the writers could handle this as well as I thought.

• Sandlit > Salazzle
    The Pokédex entries of this Pokémon remind me of Ash's Chikorita/Bayleef for an obvious reason. I could it using its pharomones to get Ash to pay attention to itwith Ash's other Pokémon trying to snap him out of it in its first appearance. From there on out, it could be like a Chikorita 2.0, using its pheromones to trick Ash into getting something for it as a running gag. However, there's also the possibility that this might go to Kiawe or Lillie instead.
That's all I've got.

I always ask why Ash Didn't catch another electric at least for only one badge, because maybe Pikachy will be inwell, and he need an electric in thid badge, so Maybe this time he will catch Rotom, because rotom will join him so Let's hope this one, Also Sence Sinnoh region and until now, rotom appear in the entire region from sinnoh until now alola so Maybe this another reason that make him catch Rotom in Alola, and if back to the fact that rotom is important for new Zukan so this can Happen

I want him To catch A Ghost, Psychic, Fairy, and Steel; so He can Finally finish the entire types of Pokemon
He must catch a lucario as a steel pokemon or riolu that will evolve to lucario in this season; because he has a real interaction with riolu, and locario

Let's hope that Rowlet will evolve into Decidueye at the end, as a Grass/Ghost it's going to be the first Ghost Pokemon Ash ever has

Let's hope that Rowlet will evolve into Decidueye at the end, as a Grass/Ghost it's going to be the first Ghost Pokemon Ash ever has
Well, If this can happen, then no problem, to me I don't care about if the pokemon is ghost, and has another type, I only care about that He get a ghost; so I also hope this one
But I also Hoped that Ash's Girl companion to get a grass pokemon from the first three pokemon; because Until now, The only girls who get a first pokemon and goes with Ash Are May, Serena, And Dawn, and three of them didn't get a grass from the professor

I think that we can be certain that Ash won't get the following Pokemon:

Popplio's line (Lana owns one)
Bounsweet's line (Mallow owns one)
Turtonator (Kiawe owns one)
Togedemaru (Sophocles owns one)
Mimikyu (Team Rocket hinted to catch one)
Bewear (Team Rocket hinted to catch one)
Vulpix (Lillie is to have one)

And we can be certain that he'll have Grubbin, Rowlet and maybe Pikipek

True and both the opening and the title of episode 4 confirms Ash getting Rowlet, the big question is if he'll get Pikipek or not since it is the regional bird and everything

True and both the opening and the title of episode 4 confirms Ash getting Rowlet, the big question is if he'll get Pikipek or not since it is the regional bird and everything

And yes about Rowlet, but I thought that He will get kapu Kokeko

You know, I'm not convinced Satoshi will get Tsutsukera/Pikipek. The summary was really more about him catching Mokuroh, we have no other evidence for this and regional bird has been kind of a thing but not really enough to make it a dead cert that he'd catch one.

I was surprised that they actually showed Ash catching a Grubbin in the opening. Still, I doubt he'll catch one to actually have on his team. It would be cool to give him another electric-type though.

I was surprised that they actually showed Ash catching a Grubbin in the opening. Still, I doubt he'll catch one to actually have on his team. It would be cool to give him another electric-type though.

This one of my dream, and you can see what I write "I always ask why Ash Didn't catch another electric at least for only one badge, because maybe Pikachy will be inwell, and he need an electric in thid badge, so Maybe this time he will catch Rotom, because rotom will join him so Let's hope this one, Also Sence Sinnoh region and until now, rotom appear in the entire region from sinnoh until now alola so Maybe this another reason that make him catch Rotom in Alola, and if back to the fact that rotom is important for new Zukan so this can Happen"

And I forgot about Grubbin that it is a bug electric, but suddenly, I remembered, and I became happy for that

This one of my dream, and you can see what I write "I always ask why Ash Didn't catch another electric at least for only one badge, because maybe Pikachy will be inwell, and he need an electric in thid badge, so Maybe this time he will catch Rotom, because rotom will join him so Let's hope this one, Also Sence Sinnoh region and until now, rotom appear in the entire region from sinnoh until now alola so Maybe this another reason that make him catch Rotom in Alola, and if back to the fact that rotom is important for new Zukan so this can Happen"

And I forgot about Grubbin that it is a bug electric, but suddenly, I remembered, and I became happy for that

Well, technically, Rotom Dex doesn't count as a team member so he won't really be a "capture" for Ash.

Actually, it doesn't become electric until it evolves, but I agree. I personally think the Grubbin line fits Ash. But since it wasn't shown in the opening scene with the gang and their Pokemon, I have my doubts.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom