• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash’s current team being based off of Fire Emblem

CometCartoons

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed ash’s current team is based off an rpg like Fire Emblem? So far he has a cute mascot, a dragon, a ghost, a monk, and a knight. What do you guys think?

That doesn't really ressemble Fire Emblem. Closest thing that comes to mind is Dragon Quest, but I don't recall any game of that series that fits this exactly (mostly because the mascot is the Goomba of that series).

If I had to compare them to an RPG, I think I'll go with Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

-Pikachu: Warrior/Soldier. Was going to go for Thief, but then I remembered he was more resilient than a real Pikachu.
-Dragonite: Paladin, maybe? Dragoon doesn't fits, even though it would be the obvious option.
-Gengar: Illusionist, I think.
-Riolu: White Monk.
-G-Farfetch'd: Parivir.

Since I still have to watch Journeys, this is what comes to mind from reading about them on Bulbapedia.

Mimey (a Jester) is part of his team. It battled once and Ash keeps using it to train Riolu. I guess it might be a reserve since it seems to stay behind for the most part (we don't really know that), but we need to see a sixth permanent member first.

Mimey (a Jester) is part of his team. It battled once and Ash keeps using it to train Riolu. I guess it might be a reserve since it seems to stay behind for the most part (we don't really know that), but we need to see a sixth permanent member first.
Oh, right. I forgot about him.

He would be a Juggler in my FFTA2 comparison.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom