• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Father

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delia should've never mentioned Ash's father back in episode 2...

Exactly. Its the same thing as all the real animals we saw back in Season 1.

When Kanto was airing the writers had no idea at the time that this would be a 10 year+ anime, so some of the things they said or did during the first season ended up disappearing.

One of those original interviews said that Pokemon was only going to go on for 1 year and a half, and the only reason it became a real series is because of how popular it was.

Emerald_Dragonite said:
Unless, of course, his father is some big major character like Giovanni or someone of similar status in another way.

Sakaki hasn't been a "major character" in about a half a decade.

If Satoshi's father was revealed to us tomorrow, would it really change anything? Or would it just be one of those things that make the fans go "huh...that's interesting" and then move on? I'm betting the latter, which really makes me wonder why a thread like this has had the strength to go on for as long as it has.

It really doesn't matter who Satoshi's father is. Not one bit.

The true identity of Ash's father is:

An anime cliche! To clarify, it's a plot device used multiple times in anime for atmospheric purposes, I suppose.

The true identity of Ash's father is:

An anime cliche! To clarify, it's a plot device used multiple times in anime for atmospheric purposes, I suppose.

Well, Ash does act like a typical Shounen hero, so it's not so surpising.

What I wonder is why the Pokémon fandom is so obsessed over minute details? The GS ball, the two other trainers, Jigglypuff... They obsess over it all.

What I wonder is why the Pokémon fandom is so obsessed over minute details? The GS ball, the two other trainers, Jigglypuff... They obsess over it all.

The other two trainers were even said in the Oak's corral episode that they gave up training, the only people still wondering are pretty sad.

The GS ball however deserved to be complained about. Unlike Ash's father, you don't build up a big mystery of something in Orange and then completely abandon it.

Its one of the biggest plotholes of the show (of course now we know Celebi was meant to be in it, but it still should have been opened in the series), and one of the most annoying things about how the writers thought fans wouldn't care back then.

Jigglypuff probably should have had better closure too, but its always possible it might randomly appear again someday.

Ash's father is probably some filler character, and he'll most likely have to help him out of a situation that will be resolved by the end - Brock will also tell Ash that it is his father.

We all know how well does with putting two and two togetehr.

Scott85 said:
The other two trainers were even said in the Oak's corral episode that they gave up training

Like I said before in another thread, I do feel sorry for those Pokemon.

well as Scoott85 said they didn't know back then that this was gonna be a ten year series so they just stop talking about the GS ball cause it was a great plothole so they're saving it for later.

As for the two other trainers I think they just couldn't think of something to create for them.

and back in subject I think that Ash's father is a chapter that hasn't been introduced yet so we'll just have to wait.

The other two trainers were even said in the Oak's corral episode that they gave up training, the only people still wondering are pretty sad.

well I'm not dwelling about them, but I can't help but feel they were a rather wasted potential. If the writers realized this series would be stretching out over a decade, it might've been nice to have two more characters who grew up in Satoshi's hometown and could potentially know him rather than completely write them out of the story about 50 episodes into it (then again, Jouto proved that they couldn't even handle ONE of Satoshi's old acquaintances correctly, let alone three -_-).

I didn't see it like that, I just saw it as the writers explaining who those other two trainers were.

Also, saying that two trainers flat-out failed and quit training was quite a good move, it proves that not every 10 year old who goes out on a journey is going to be successful.

Out of all those beginning trainers, some of them are bound to fail and give up along the way. I like how realistic that was, since let's face it if Pokemon were real, most of those kids would never be able to get into the league.

very true, Im glad they did that. it added to the excitement of Ash winning all of his badges

Since we're bringing up minute details - do you guys think the three trainers who won the Pokemon League were the Metwo Strikes Back trainers?

Didnt they say that the Mewtwo Strikes Back trainers were the "true Pokemon masters"?

Well, Ash does act like a typical Shounen hero, so it's not so surpising.

Two other trainers: It would have been nice to know who were the other pokemon trainers that left pallet. Where did they go? What pokemon did they catch?

GS Ball: It's not that we obsess over it. It's the fact that they built up the GS Ball like it was so important or served a purpose, but it was abandoned just as quick. Then no mention of it for over 6-7 years, no word if Kurt was still working on it, nothing. Sure, there's that interview that was posted that explained things, but it would have been nice if we had some hints during johto that kurt was still working on it, just so the audience knows it hasn't been completley dropped.

When exactly did they say that those two trainers just gave up?

i think it might be silver or geovani
but i say sub-zero for the epic lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom