• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Ash's four Alola League opponents revealed

Seriously , Steven Stone and Cynthia came to Kalos and Unova respectively, that doesn't change a lot, in the anime , the challengers don't jump to face the elite four and champion out of nowhere at any time

Do you think they hinted the winners in this image?

Nice chart. But I'm still hoping for one of the girls in the semi-finals.

Me too. I amways to see one girl win the leauge but it will not happen this time also so we have to wait three years more for sword and shield if it will take 3 years and if it will take four years then we have to wait 4 years and then we will know if a girl will win finally but just about you and me then I don't think a girl will win in shield and sword also.

But hope one in semi-final and ash win the league. But i think that guzma vs kukui with enjoy masked battle and then after kukui win the match it will show the fans who he is.

Last edited:
I see Guzma's role as dream crusher, because it's possible for him to crush dream of battle between Ash and Gladion during this League.

I can't say I see the writers being nice enough to let Ash win the conference, but lose to Masked Royal, but I don't know who I'd rather see him lose to. On one hand, I do like Gladion, but Ash has already lost to him twice. As for Guzma, something tells me he kinda has to lose because it is his intention to make sure another league never happens if he wins. Its Ya Boy Guzma though.

I can't say I see the writers being nice enough to let Ash win the conference, but lose to Masked Royal, but I don't know who I'd rather see him lose to. On one hand, I do like Gladion, but Ash has already lost to him twice. As for Guzma, something tells me he kinda has to lose because it is his intention to make sure another league never happens if he wins. Its Ya Boy Guzma though.

Gladion's not winning because he has no reason to battle the Masked Royal. The league has nothing to do with his story. It's either Ash or Guzma as they're the only ones with a connection to Kukui. And Guzma is the less likely of the two since he's a villain.

I see Guzma's role as dream crusher, because it's possible for him to crush dream of battle between Ash and Gladion during this League.

I strongly doubt that Ash isn't going to face his rival after their scene in the preliminary. It'll be Kiawe that gets fed to Guzma next round.

The story is geared towards an Ash VS Guzma finale, most likely with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt coming into play again as evidenced by the official league poster

Last edited:
Watching the opening closely, in that part where Kukui is overlooking the stadium being built and then it done, you can see Royal Mask battling Satoshi's Pikachu, so would that mean he's winning the league? Not that I really believe it.

Anyway with today's episode, the second round match-up was revealed, so I think the quarter-finals will be Satoshi vs Glazio and Kaki vs Guzma, to then the finals be Satoshi vs Guzma (which I think it's gonna be the only 6vs6 battle in the entire league). This last match could end in anything... I can very well see Satoshi winning or Guzma winning.

Watching the opening closely, in that part where Kukui is overlooking the stadium being built and then it done, you can see Royal Mask battling Satoshi's Pikachu, so would that mean he's winning the league? Not that I really believe it.

Anyway with today's episode, the second round match-up was revealed, so I think the quarter-finals will be Satoshi vs Glazio and Kaki vs Guzma, to then the finals be Satoshi vs Guzma (which I think it's gonna be the only 6vs6 battle in the entire league). This last match could end in anything... I can very well see Satoshi winning or Guzma winning.

That was Kukui's fantasy, but considering that they have yet to have their rematch that was promised in the last Battle Royal episode, and the time travel episode where Ash becomes the reason the league exists in the first place, I'd be very surprised and miffed if the Ash vs Masked Royal exhibition match didn't happen.

Yeah I wouldn't see the point of Guzma winning since he's supposed to be against the concept of the Alola league anyways, so unless he does a 180 degree turn at the end and decides to stop hating on the league, I don't see what him winning would accomplish. I'd rather see Ash beat Gladion and win the whole tournament and then have him lose to Kukui.

Yeah I wouldn't see the point of Guzma winning since he's supposed to be against the concept of the Alola league anyways, so unless he does a 180 degree turn at the end and decides to stop hating on the league, I don't see what him winning would accomplish. I'd rather see Ash beat Gladion and win the whole tournament and then have him lose to Kukui.

Plus with this being such an idealistic series, the chances of the bad guy winning are very low.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom