• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Ash's four Alola League opponents revealed

I think that Ash will lose to Gladion in the Top 4 and Gladion will win the league, defeating Guzma. I think that if Ash wins, then he would have to be replaced with a new protagonist.

I don’t know where people get this idea that Ash would have to be replaced if he ever won a league tournament, yes one of the writers did say that the show would end of Ash became champion but that was a REALLY long time ago.

If Ash won a Pokémon league tournament then it wouldn’t be the end of the series at all as winning the Pokémon league will only give you the right to enter the Champion League as shown in the D&P saga, if you win there now you become the champion of the region!

The writers could have him lose either to the someone in the Elite 4 or the champion themselves and we move on to the new region, this would be much better story wise for Ash’s development as a character and we’d finally break out of the cycle of him being an eternal loser that can’t win a league!

Last edited:
I don’t know where people get this idea that Ash would have to be replaced if he ever won a league tournament, yes one of the writers did say that the show would end of Ash became champion..

If Ash won a Pokémon league tournament then it wouldn’t be the end of the series at all as winning the Pokémon league will only give you the right to enter the Champion League, if you win that then yea you’re now the champion of the region!

The writers could have him lose in the champion league either to the someone in the Elite 4 or the champion themselves and we move on to the new region, this would be much better story wise for Ash’s development as a character and we’d finally break out of the cycle of him being an eternal loser that can’t win a league!
Except the writers don't see it that way.

Well things can change, eventually we’ll see Ash compete in the Champion League and have the chance to challenge the Elite 4 and the Champion and then try to end the show from there.. I’m not expecting much but anything is possible with this show
However, I don't think that will happen until GF decides to pull the plug on the main series.

They once said that if Ash wins the league then the entire series is over.

That was many years ago and I believe that the person who made that statement isn't even involved with the anime anymore. It also doesn't make much sense given that he won the Orange Island League and that didn't change anything. Yes, it wasn't based off of a game related region and it was a different kind of League, but it was still a League where Ash defeated a Champion who hadn't lost in match in ages. They didn't have a problem with keeping Ash for Johto and this was at a time where Ash being replaced could have been possible too.

I still wouldn't bet money on Ash winning the Alola League for a few reasons, but I wouldn't use a statement made years ago by one former staff member to claim that all of the writers feel the same or that it would be impossible for it to happen. Decisions like that can easily change over time, especially when it wouldn't be difficult for Ash to still go to the Galar region if he does become Champion. It's not like winning the Alola League would even be that impressive given the basic setup makes it sound much more like a glorified Club Battle tournament rather than a more traditional Pokemon League.

Yeah I wouldn't see the point of Guzma winning since he's supposed to be against the concept of the Alola league anyways, so unless he does a 180 degree turn at the end and decides to stop hating on the league, I don't see what him winning would accomplish. I'd rather see Ash beat Gladion and win the whole tournament and then have him lose to Kukui.
He’ll plan to ridicule the league after winning it, probably rubbing it on people’s faces that the entire thing was ridiculous enough for him to win, and your Champion being against the league itself isn’t really a good PR for a league.

He’ll plan to ridicule the league after winning it, probably rubbing it on people’s faces that the entire thing was ridiculous enough for him to win, and your Champion being against the league itself isn’t really a good PR for a league.
As rivals were Hau, Gladion, Guzma And evvee guy But the evvee was wrong

I think it was mistake

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom