• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Gabite/Garchomp Speculation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiny

Insane since 2012
Reaction score
Title says all. I think the reason the writers introduced Gible was too both break the Non-Dragon type flow Ash has and for it to eventually evolve and battle Cynthia. Thats just my opinion, but it's a bit of a coincidence don't you think?

With Sunyshore Gym on the mark, I think it's fair to say that Gible's ground typing will reel Ash in and choose him to battle with a Big advantage. My hunch is that Gible will triumph over one of the pokemon and then come up against Electivire. Electivire's sheer force will buffer Gible, being Ashs last pokemon, and that will trigger Evoloution to Gabite, who ruthlessly defeats Electivire with a newly learned Dragon Claw. Thats my theory, whats yours?

Gible is not going to star at Sunyshore.

Infernape, Torterra and Pikachu are. Gible probably won't do much at all there.

I do hope it evolves by league time though, or else Gible is another one of those wasted captures. Realistically it would have been better if Gible never happened, all it did was upset the balance of Ash's Sinnoh team.

Meh, I'm one of those guys who thinks Fukamaru won't evolve. Even if he evolves I think it will be at Grand Festival, as they need to give Satoshi something to do. But I think it will just master Draco Meteor.

We're still not sure who is going to star Scott, but I hope Fukamaru gets a role in battle, and star in it if Satoshi does Gym challange later.

Pikachu is already very likely to get a big role in Sunyshore, based on Volkner's backstory and his Raichu.

Likewise Infernape and Torterra just evolved, I bet they're both going to be heavily used there.

If Gible is used at all it'll probably be knocked out quickly. I don't see it doing much.

If Gible is used at all it'll probably be knocked out quickly. I don't see it doing much.

I strongly disagree. think of all the things Cyndaquil and Totodile did just a few episodes after capture. Gible has spunk, and thats gonna come down to it. Pikachu maybe, Torterra probably, but Gible should be in.

Gible wont be doing half of what you just said. Gible will be used but eaily defeated by Luxray. I can see gible evolving in time for the Paul battle in the league but not anytime soon. Torterra/Pikachu will be the stars of Sunyshore with gible getting easily overpowered by one of Volkner's pokemon (my prediction being Luxray).

I have to say, I don't see it happening, but I am not a writer, and I didn't see Torterra coming either.

Gible fits Ash great, though. Gabite might make things awkward.

Garchomp I can see in a filler saga.

Its ridiculous for Ash to get such a late capture like this. Ash's Sinnoh team was fine as is, now Ash loses Gliscor for (at least now) a much weaker Pokemon.

Its ridiculous for Ash to get such a late capture like this. Ash's Sinnoh team was fine as is, now Ash loses Gliscor for (at least now) a much weaker Pokemon.
Am I going to have to post Angel Gliscor again? Knock it off. This is a Gible speculation thread.

Common sense tells us that we won't seen a Gible evolution. The limiter for that is Dawn's Togekiss. If Gible's evolution was going to be some time this century, they'd have shown it in the opening. Additional updates for "Greatest Everyday!" don't seem to be in the picture, thus, they laid out all their chips on the table upfront. I don't expect anything to come down the pipe till after the Sinnoh League (aside from the big 3 spoilers, which were Infernape, Torterra, and Togekiss). That includes an evolution of Gibles n' bits. The only unforseen future is, as I said, the time after Dawn gets Togekiss, since that'll be the last spoiler event to occur. But I'm not betting on another capture or evolution.

Here's another post I typed up commenting on why Gible was chosen:

V Faction said:
They felt like giving Ash a Dragon-type.

Going down the list, they find Gible. Gible seems like the perfect choice. He's a Dragon, he's got a unique typing, he can learn such-and-such attacks, etc. etc.

The reason they choose Gible, and not say, Gabite, is because they want to (theoretically) develop him in a meaningful way and it's easier to do so starting as a small pup. We've seen elements of this so far as confirmation, what with him getting to learn Draco Meteor and being slightly wild.

They've already given him Gliscor, a very uncanny decision, so now they're retreating to a more natural Pokemon.

And so, we come to our conclusion. We will probably never really see more than half the picture. Whatever underlying purposes in choosing Gible there are (like marketability) will stay unbeknownst to us.

You really think Gible won't evolve once before DP ends?

If it does, I'll be ecstatic. But I don't see it happening in Sinnoh.

You can see my reasoning juuust a couple posts above these, Scott ;)

I don't see Gible coming along for Gen V either. But I didn't say it would be another Aipom, just that I think if/when it evolves it will be after Sinnoh. That could be next season or 3 seasons from now.

I don't see Gible coming along for Gen V either. But I didn't say it would be another Aipom, just that I think if/when it evolves it will be after Sinnoh. That could be next season or 3 seasons from now.

Because I'm sure we'll all be around to see Ash bring Gible back in 2015...

Am I going to have to post Angel Gliscor again? Knock it off.

Yes please, it was hilarious.

This is a Gible speculation thread.

Gible speculation thread = best place for Scott to lay a bait... except I won't bite.

Common sense tells us that we won't seen a Gible evolution.

Since when has common sense applied to this this fandom ? (or any fandom for that matter)

I agree with you about Gible not evolving... One of the many reasons I think Corphish didn't evolve (except for the dark-type-curse) is that with the new design, he would lose a lot of its comedic appeal. Also, Gible already knows Dragon Pulse, Dig and Draco Meteor... there's no real need to evolve when your packing those weapons, especially since in the anime, evolution doesn't necessarily equate powerboost.

The limiter for that is Dawn's Togekiss. If Gible's evolution was going to be some time this century, they'd have shown it in the opening. Additional updates for "Greatest Everyday!" don't seem to be in the picture, thus, they laid out all their chips on the table upfront. I don't expect anything to come down the pipe till after the Sinnoh League (aside from the big 3 spoilers, which were Infernape, Torterra, and Togekiss). That includes an evolution of Gibles n' bits. The only unforseen future is, as I said, the time after Dawn gets Togekiss, since that'll be the last spoiler event to occur. But I'm not betting on another capture or evolution.

Also a good point. I think that if (and that's a huge if and I don't think it'll happen) there's any surprise evolution between now and the League, it'll come from the unevolved reserved Ash brings to the League...

Title says all. I think the reason the writers introduced Gible was for it to eventually evolve and battle Cynthia.

Then again, they could have introduced Ursula so that all Gible, Gabite and Garchomp appeared on the show... meaning Gible would't evolve

If it evolves great, if no oh well, he's already Ash's funniest Sinnoh pokemon (if not his funniest pokemon ever) and a great all around pokemon.

I'd like to see Gible actually amount to something. People used to call Gliscor a, "Clown," and here they are letting Gible be the same thing.

Gible ain't going to do jack at Sunyshore most likely so I guess Gible will be remembered as Ash's weakest Sinnoh Pokemon unless it evolves.

Gible ain't going to do jack at Sunyshore most likely

That's your opinion, a lot of people in the Sunyshor gym spec thread are seeing Gible getting minor focus in the gym battle.

so I guess Gible will be remembered as Ash's weakest Sinnoh Pokemon unless it evolves.

I'm sure Gible will hav emore than one win until Sinnoh ends and at least, it'll be remembered as the funniest Sinnoh pokemon.

That's your opinion, a lot of people in the Sunyshor gym spec thread are seeing Gible getting minor focus in the gym battle.

Even if it is, you know it won't be spotlighted over Infernape, Torterra or Pikachu. It probably won't get one win and will be KO'd quickly.

I'm sure Gible will hav emore than one win until Sinnoh ends and at least, it'll be remembered as the funniest Sinnoh pokemon.

Gliscor was a very popular Pokemon when it was around. The people who didn't like it were always a vocal minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom