• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash’s Galar design

ValorSugarcakes

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
remember my poke back in march that said ash’s galar design is gonna suck? Well it looks like i’m right! Everyone hates his galar design. Which means that i told you so. now everyone can vote the galar design on my worst ash design poke #armorshippingftw #galardesignftl

This relates to another issue I keep seeing people bring up, which is they perceive Go to be an especially feminine looking anime character. Which beyond having what looks like a hair clip and slightly longer eyelashes, I don't really see. Satoshi is just as feminine in the new artstyle, more than he has ever looked in any other incarnation. If we meet more kids around their age they likely will also be in a similar boat. So at the moment I chalk this up to mostly wish fulfillment and not a purposeful artistic choice for Go in particular.

Everyone hates his galar design.

Er, everyone? You're going to have to show me some receipts, 'cause I know that I never took part in any poll or public vote where I claimed to hate Ash's new design.

I mean his outfit isn't particularly good either, but I could honestly take it or leave it; I haven't loved any of Ash's outfits since his DP one tbh.

Did they say why he was designed with that aesthetic?
This article says that they intended Gou to look androgynous like Blanche from Pokemon GO.

There is also a screenshot of the interview itself, though I have yet to find a full translation of it that's not a summary.

So wait, the “gotcha!” here is “I predicted I wouldn’t like the new design based on a hunch and now I don’t like it, so you all suck!!” ??

Like yeah if you go in expecting to hate it of course you will. There are some elements to his new design I wish were different but it’s not his worst that honor still goes to his DP clothes and that rancid yellow stripe

The amourshipping tag is a cute touch though.

It isn't a "Galar" design as it looks nothing like the in-game protagonist whose name I'm too lazy to check. Victor, I believe.

So you were wrong.

If anything, he looks like a modified version of the recent movie design not counting the cgi remake obviously.

Last edited:
Everyone hates his galar design. Which means that i told you so. now everyone can vote the galar design on my worst ash design poke
Where are you getting this "everyone" from? Did you do some sort of worldwide survey where every one of the 7.5 billion people voted in majority that they hate the design? If so, where's your survey result or evidence?

I neither like nor hate Ash's new design. I do think that the red shirt outfit than Victor wears in the games wouldn't suit Ash though so I'm kind of happy that Ash didn't get that shirt.

#armorshippingftw

The amourshipping tag is a cute touch though.

Well, he did wear the very same shirt and shorts in the Amourshipping filler. :p

To me that is probably the biggest problem with the new outfit. The fact that they have already established that he uses it as a pyjamas. Is this intentional or did they just forget? Is Satoshi too much of a slob to remember to change clothes now when Serena isn't there to remind him? :ROFLMAO:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom