• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ashs Infernape vs Mays Blaziken

Who Wins

• Infernape

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
I think that Infernape wins because of the impressing win against Paul. Blaziken never showed something like that. But it would be a hard fight.

I have to go with Infernape, as it is trained specifically for battle

Tough call. While Blaziken is my favorite Fire-type, it wasn't trained for head-on battles under May (which is why I would've felt better if Ash got it instead or caught one in the wild, then use a compare and contrast set-up). Besides, her Blaziken evolved VERY late (second to last episode of AG, if I remember correctly), so you really didn't get enough time to fully see its true power and abilities. Only when it battled Sceptile did it show off a good amount of power and skill. But it really didn't get any chance to show off what it could really do, so it is sort of a wild card.

Infernape, however, was trained for standard battles, so it's a bit more easily to tell with him. It also used impressive strategies like Counter Shield and a Dig-Flare Blitz combo. Plus it's final battle of the series against Electrivire was outright breathtaking and heart-stopping. I was shocked that maelstrom of fire and electricity didn't roast the whole stadium, creating a huge, climatic battle. Coupling in Infernape's overwhelmingly powerful Blaze ability, you had a champion level fighter that can pretty much turn any situation into its favor.

So, doing a bit of back and forth, throw in their attacks, toss in what they trained for, and their overall personalities, I have to say Infernape.

I'd have to go with Infernape. It has a better moveset for battles, it could do a lot of damage with Dig, its fast movements would help it to dodge various attacks and Blaze could give it a huge advantage if it was pushed to its limits.

While I like May's Blaziken more, with their current move sets I'd say Infernape. Although, if Brave Bird was slapped onto Blaziken the tides may turn.

Infernape is going to dine on KFC tonight.

In other words he wins. He would win even more if he ditched mach punch for close combat. If blaziken can't even beat sceptile with the evolution battle power boost it stands no chance vs infernape. Plus its a contest pokemon so its automatically worse than a trainer's pokemon.

Infernape most definitely, he's gotten more appearances and focus than Blaziken, and he has a better moveset when the two are compared. May's Blaziken evolved at the last minute and only had like three episodes, while Infernape had several, so we never saw Blaziken get trained at all.

I have no doubts Satoshi's Goukazaru would win against Haruka's Bursyamo. Haruka's starter was never shown to as strong to be compared to Goukazaru, one of Satoshi's strongest Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom