• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's New Look Revealed

Serebii

Reaction score
Figured you guys might wanna see this in a seperate topic

new-ash.jpg

Ash's Shinou look revealed

From scan featuring DP Anime Merchandise at http://f42.aaa.livedoor.jp/~imawaka/imgboardphp/src/1157360519158.jpg

Umm its not fake John and I showed the whole scan

Too Pixelly? What sort of complaint is that

Look at the full picture, he isn't any more pixely than the rest of the image.

Pluis for the last few days on japanese forums they were discussing images such as these that confirmed satoshi is staying

That scan appears to have magically disappeared off the board. Hmmmm.

Exactly. He's also wearing the same gloves. I am not debating if he is going to Shinou or not, I am arguing with the picture. :p

If it is real, they could had been a little more original. The same hat, just a different color? What did he do, bleach it?

I'd like to mention that the DP site has and update...

Regardless, this scan is still up on Imaroda...hope it's real, I like the outfit.

EDIT: That merchandise looks hard to fake if you ask me.

Funny...I think it looks awesome and makes him look mature like a Champion would.

Of course, the main reason is because this proves hes staying.

I do not have the energy to side with those believing the picture to be fake, or to go on about how both the keychain advertisement and this artwork (which has only now surfaced; I was not mistaken about it being non-existent up till now) are inconsistent with the rest of the new series' advertisement.

Instead, I would like to direct everyone's attention to the fact that if this indeed proves that Ash is slated to appear in the Diamond and Pearl series, then the writers have evidently given up on giving him a proper reason to seek adventure in new regions. It is as if we are automatically supposed to accept his unconditional presence; by merely tweaking his attire (without so much as considering the region's climate or the respective game character's appearance) their work is done. No longer is there any need in introducting a mysterious element which can only be resolved in the next destination (Orange Islands -> Johto), or setting a great defeat to a trainer and his Pokémon from the new region (Johto -> Hoenn).

Apparently, leading fans astray as to have them believe that something different is in store, then rescinding that impression with little else to make up for it - is the current transition strategy.

I am still hoping for the better outcome.

^^^^
I expected that would happen.

Where did the writers say the series would be radically different? They didn't, people just assumed.

(without so much as considering the region's climate or the respective game character's appearance)

Because we all know how the game characters are wearing climated-suited clothes...:drool:

Plus, Ash is wearing clothes that resemble the male character of DP.

Because we all know how the game characters are wearing climated-suited clothes...:drool:
What is that supposed to mean? When Brendan and May's attires were altered for Emerald, the change was drastic and most noticeable. It did, in fact, take Hoenn's climate into account.

One would think that the advent of moving to a new region would be all the more a good reason to pay some heed to the weather.

Plus, Ash is wearing clothes that resemble the male character of DP.
No, he really is not.

I think the new look is great. A little plain (aside from the shirt), but I prefer it to his Advanced Generation get-up. The hat and gloves need to change though... I'm a little disappointed that the one difference is a change in the colour of the logo. Not even a new logo to represent Shinou, just a colour swap. :(

It's also a little disappointing that the new climate, as Saraform has pointed out, hasn't been adapted to with the new outfit. Shinou is supposed to be of a far colder climate if I'm not mistaken, so in the least, a scarf or mebbie a beanie, could have been incorporated into his outfit... Just something to suggest that Shinou was/is different.

But overall, I guess this means Satoshi is continuing onto Diamond and Pearl...

What is that supposed to mean? When Brendan and May's attires were altered for Emerald, the change was drastic and most noticeable. It did, in fact, take Hoenn's climate into account.

One would think that the advent of moving to a new region would be all the more a good reason to pay some heed to the weather.

Because a Mini-skirt and sleeveless shirt are so suited to Shinou's colder climate!

The fact is, Ash's clothes do resemble the Shinou outfits, and does give a more "mountainous" look imo.

Because a Mini-skirt and sleeveless shirt are so suited to Shinou's colder climate!
I salute your ability to read between the lines. That much can and most likely will be changed for the third game, as Emerald taught us.

Ash's attire, on the other hand, was not modified for the Battle Frontier.

The fact is, Ash's clothes do resemble the Shinou outfits, and does give a more "mountainous" look imo.
I love the use of "fact" and "opinion" in the same sentence.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom