• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's New Look Revealed

He does look different somehow. I put it down to the way the jeans are shown.

Actually, oddly enough, I thought Ash looked older during the shot of him on the ship during the next ep preview.

...between this and Gary being older-looking, I can't help but think the writers are planning a time skip.

o.o Not seriously, of course.

So where's Saraform? >:eek:
I would like to believe that you really are interested in my opinion, rather than wishing for me to confer my feelings of disappointment so that you can find pleasure in it.

I am reserving my thoughts for until after I have seen tomorrow's episode, and possibly even the start of the new series. Will Gary become a symbol of the FireRed and LeafGreen games, in sharp contrast to Ash? What will drive Ash to come to Shin'ou? Will the Elite Four be referenced as the ultimate challenge, for which Ash is evidently unprepared? Does May's confession pertain to Johto, and the fact that she originated from that region (if, after all, the character does have something in common with the game counterpart)? Will Hikari witness one of the legendary Pokémon in the first episode, following the games' beginning, as well as sharing parallelism with Ash and Ho-oh? Is the rival in the third episode that of Hikari, and if so, is it the respective game character?

If not even one of these questions is met with an answer, then yes, I will discontinue any interest I may have in the show without a second thought.

Last edited:
If you want closeness to the games, then why didn't you stop watching a long time ago?
Will Gary become a symbol of the FireRed and LeafGreen games, in sharp contrast to Ash?
Gary is there to be Gary. The Gary of R/B and FR/LG is very different to the current anime Gary.
Does May's confession pertain to Johto, and the fact that she originated from that region (if, after all, the character does have something in common with the game counterpart)?
There has been nothing to suggest that anime May originates from Johto. Norman even appears to be more established as the Petalburg Gym Leader than in the games. May will go because Drew, Harley and Saori are going. The writers don't need to invent a backstory just to be closer to the games.

If you want closeness to the games, then why didn't you stop watching a long time ago?
Who said I did not? My interest was rekindled in the advent of the Mew movie and the direction the Battle Frontier saga seemed to have been taking, and I can assure you that I now feel foolish for it.

The Gary of R/B and FR/LG is very different to the current anime Gary.
As are Red, Misty and Brock in regard to Ash, Misty and Brock. However, at no point did those three characters take the appearance of their counterparts in whatever edition. Gary was different in the Pokémon series, and it is now, in the finale of Advanced Generation, even after having been recognized as a researcher for some time, that he is again to make an exception.

It could turn out to be just as meaningless as so many other elements in the series.

Last edited:
I really love his new outfit! Especially his shoes. XD It goes well with his jeans and his vest. ^^ I can't wait til I see him in action in the outfit. But still his Honen one will be in my mind. I won't forget it.

Too young looking. Isn't he supposed to age like 5 years over the course of the story?

No, he's supposed to be ageless. The official English Pokemon website has said so, I believe there are a few interviews out there that have said so, and logic says so:

~Ash was ten at the beginning of the series. Both he and the narrator said so.
~Several years have passed in canon between the beginning of Pocket Monsters and the beginning of Pocket Monsters: Advanced Generation.
~May stated that she was ten years old at the beginning of Pocket Monsters: Advanced Generation.
~The official Pocket Monsters: Advanced Generation website states that Ash and May are the same age.
~The above facts can only be true if Ash is ageless - a character that ages can't be ten years old at the beginning of his journey and still be ten years old several years later.

Pokemon was never supposed to be a realistic show. Sure, he may be younger in flashbacks and there could be an older version of him if there's ever a time-travelling episode, but within the series timeline his aging does not exist.

Is it me or does Ash look to have grown up in that pic?
He sure does, Kasumi! ^^

And he looks hotter too! XD

Could be. He has an older feeling in this pic. And I'm sure Lisa will be happy to see this. :p
Oh yes, I sure am!!

This pic makes me very happy!! :-D

*saves pic*

That's going right into my Ash photo album on Photobucket. XD

And by the way, I don't wanna get into a "the characters are ageless! the characters are not ageless" debate. But I just wanted everyone to know that I do believe Ash ages.

In fact, I believe he's about 15 or 16 in Hoenn. And in Shinou, I guess that would make him either 16 or 17 (though I wouldn't say he's 18 yet).

Of course, that's just my opinion though. ^^o

Last edited:
If Max really did become a trainer upon returning to Petalburg, that is proof the characters age. Heh, I'd love to see Max and Ralts reunited for some specials as well.

Maybe he'll do Gyms in Johto so he can run into his sister occasionally?

May will return in a contest in the new region to market to people that they are still a big part of the game, she will be wearing her Emerald attire.

Mark my words.

Hey Pokemaster_Justin quite deniying the truth about May, she's gone. HAHA Wouldn't it be funny if Ash and Hikari were the same age some how like the Offical website said Ash and May were the same age maybe they'll make it that way again :p

I'm not saying she'll rejoin the group, all I'm saying is that during contest specific episodes I see her making a cameo and being there for that episode...wearing her Emerald attire, and showing that she is the face for the "good guys" in contests. Scott help here?

I pray to GOD Johto is better this time around....

May is basically wheir the GS Ball is......

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom