• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's New Look Revealed

I'm not saying she'll rejoin the group, all I'm saying is that during contest specific episodes I see her making a cameo and being there for that episode...wearing her Emerald attire, and showing that she is the face for the "good guys" in contests. Scott help here?

Ok, now that I see her doing, possibly returning for an episode or two and giving her a new outfit for the two or three episodes like what they did with Misty. Yah I can see that ^_^

I find it interesting how Hikari is being introduced in the promos as the 主人公, which translated out means "main character, protagonist" or synonyms thereof. Does anybody know what Haruka was introduced as in the promos for AG? *hopes beyond all hope that Hikari will play more of a role in D/P*

The poster for the DP anime had Ash at the front, which implies he'll be the main character. I'd much rather he carry on fronting the show than have to play second fiddle to Hikari, but then again, if Hikari was the star she'd be unlikely to do Super Contests. ^^;

The poster for the DP anime had Ash at the front, which implies he'll be the main character.
That was not a poster, in fact, it was not even official artwork. It was a rendition by a CoroCoro artist.

For the time being, the real poster is the same one revealed two months ago - featuring only Hikari.

Will it really be replaced?

Final AG has another preview, as you probably know. It featured these 3 silly guys talkin something about poster... it's STILL the same, original one.

But the CoroCoro one has DEFIANTELY the same style...

Another 3 hours on another pointless thread. This is what i've learn't: We all want awnsers and we want them now! (trust me not just general pokemon fans but us shippers too) and it sounds like no-one agrees with Saraform(sorry if i'm wrong) who ever he or she is (i would like to know!) and that over all this was a decent thread.

Which makes D/P into more of an AG rehash than we could have ever imagined.

I'm amazed at how redundant the D/P anime looks. Hikari doing Contests and Ash dumping all his old Pokes (aside from Aipom), and Brock returning is such a blatant rehash of AG.

If got a nickle everytime you said "rehash" I'd have a buch of nickles.

Shall I use, "repeat," "redux," or "redundant" instead?

I honestly cannot believe that all the worst possible scenarios of the D/P saga could have come true. Instead of pushing the show foward, all we have is AG repeated.

- Ash goes to Shinou alone
- Ash is on an almost fresh start aside from Aipom
- Hikari is another beginning female trainer
- Hikari might do Contests
- Brock returns sometime in the first few episodes
- Ash gets the grass type....AGAIN

It's like the writers aren't even trying to hide the fact that this is just AG with a new coat of paint.

Yeah....it really is depressing. The only reason that I started watching Pokemon again was because of things like Deoxys, and Kyogre and Groudon. However if it turns out to be as boring and uninspired as it seems to be turning out to be, I may well stop watching again.

Shall I use, "repeat," "redux," or "redundant" instead?

I honestly cannot believe that all the worst possible scenarios of the D/P saga could have come true. Instead of pushing the show foward, all we have is AG repeated.

- Ash goes to Shinou alone
- Ash is on an almost fresh start aside from Aipom
- Hikari is another beginning female trainer
- Hikari might do Contests
- Brock returns sometime in the first few episodes
- Ash gets the grass type....AGAIN

It's like the writers aren't even trying to hide the fact that this is just AG with a new coat of paint.

The amine’s been stale as hell for awhile now Scott...the good writing seemed to have ended mid Orange...now it's just the same thing over and over again dumbed down tenfold...lets see if the writing picked up because I don’t know how many times I've seen 4Kids blamed that the series was dumbed down.

I am just appalled how they handled the Hoenn and Johto leagues...where was the magic like in Indigo? Where were the starting ceremonies and ending? Where was the feeling like "wow" this is how the series ended...Indigo had the perfect ending, where Ash says "Ok ready to train harder?".

The writing is just so blatantly stupid now, however I watch because I'm still a fan...

The anime's been stale as hell for awhile now Scott...the good writing seemed to have ended mid Orange...

Most people thought AG was excellent. I'd take Hoenn and Battle Frontier over any other saga, and they're about comparable to the original Kanto.

D/P saga will probably be comparable to AG writing wise, but it'll feel way too redundant because there's far too many blatant similarities.

AG offered fresh new ideas that weren't in the anime before, D/P....just repeats those ideas with a new coat of paint.

Hikari's probably going to end up pulling Brock's ear because someone has to stop him, which makes her take on Misty's traits. The whole trio is giving me a Kanto vibe too. I have a hard time seeing this group distance itself from what AG and Kanto did.

Maybe you have a hard time seeing the distance because no one has actually seen any of D/P besides previews and images. Give the thing a bloody chance before you go around shouting rehash.

The thing that just mad me mad about Hoenn, and Johto were just how rushed and how uneventful the leagues were....I mean I sit through all that garbage fillers, and good episodes here and there to get to the league and it feels like a filler? blah.

The thing that needs to be said (and what Scott is probably tap-dancing around) is that AG was a tremendous rehash in and of itself - with the exception of May's contests, of course. Aside from some good Master Quest eps, we haven't had a truly good, original episode since the end of the Orange Islands. Fact is, the anime is and always will be a reflection of the games - which haven't really changed since RBY. Unless DP adds something that really changes up the formula (like a good plot, for instance), the Pokemon anime will continue to depend on quality writing and characterization (see: Battle Frontier).

The thing that needs to be said (and what Scott is probably tap-dancing around) is that AG was a tremendous rehash in and of itself - with the exception of May's contests, of course. Aside from some good Master Quest eps, we haven't had a truly good, original episode since the end of the Orange Islands. Fact is, the anime is and always will be a reflection of the games - which haven't really changed since RBY. Unless DP adds something that really changes up the formula (like a good plot, for instance), the Pokemon anime will continue to depend on quality writing and characterization (see: Battle Frontier).

Well....they could always base it off of something with an actual plot....like XD.

You can never really expect a shake-up with the Gyms because it has to follow the games. We always know Ash's quest will remain the same, so it isn't worth complaining about.

Team Rocket too will always be here, because we need conflict.

AG was expected to include those things, yet it also provided us with new aspects of a female lead and Contests.

It's a shame that D/P looked like something unique and fresh from the beginning, complete with Hikari as a lead giving the impression of a strong female trainer, but instead all she turned out to be was another coordinator.

I guess we can expect Team Galaxy to get similiar treatment to Aqua/Magma too, which is a shame.

Is is definite that she is a coordinator? Or is it just assumation, because I personally haven't seen anything that definitely declares her to be one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom