• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's new look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipstream

One and Only Slipstream!
Reaction score
Ash has a rather startling new appearance in the new Isshu saga of the Anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6-pmMU7_ug

His eyes, are totally different from the rather dark orbs we are all used to.

I can tell this will be more detailed, but still, I was unprepared for the new look.

I thought so too, but generally, I like it. It's not bad and it looks somewhat younger, but somewhat older too...

I thought so too, but generally, I like it. It's not bad and it looks somewhat younger, but somewhat older too...

Still, it's a huge change from the classic eyes we've seen on Ash for years now.
Then again, Dento has no whites in his eyes.

Doesn't look that different aside from the eyes and his clothing. I like it.

Doesn't look that different aside from the eyes and his clothing. I like it.

I anticipated the clothing, but with the eyes... he looks like a brand new character.

I like the new clothes, but the blue is slightly too light IMO.
Yeah, the eyes were off putting at first, but I'm already getting used to it.

I like the new clothes, but the blue is slightly too light IMO.
Yeah, the eyes were off putting at first, but I'm already getting used to it.

I mean, it's not bad or anything, just startling. So used to those small black eyes with little whites in them.

I think they did a great job refreshing his appearance a bit. Sure, the eyes were a surprise, but when I think about it, they actually look better now IMO. I also like the clothes, they're better than his DP ones. It's all for the better.

Everything's better. I'm annoyed that they didn't bring the hoodie back from AG. :(

Yeah, I noticed it as well, that's strange, depends on the angle I guess.
On the pic of his new outfit on Bulbapedia...he has a somewhat badass look on his face with these new irises.

The clothes seems fine to me. They're a bit less far stretched than his DP outfit.

The way his eyes are seems like proof that he's getting older. But, that's just me.

Can somebody post two pics(new and old) to compare?

15yu0ci.png

His eyes are drawn more like most of the other characters' now (that is, generic anime eyes). I think he looks younger, especially in this screenshot.

I don't get why his eyes are shades lighter. And, to me, he appears younger than older. Which is odd. Unless they just wanted to make him younger because Iris is undoubtedly 10, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom