• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Ash's Pokemon and Gym Battles/Trials

Greninjaman

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Here's a question that has been on my mind for a bit: Out of all of Ash's Pokemon (from Pikachu to his most recent catch), who has fought in the most Gym Battles and who fought in the least number of Gym Battles? I ask this because I am curious (plus I'm feeling lazy enough to not bother doing it myself).

game3524

Reaction score
Talonflame (7 gym battles) and then Charizard (6 gym battles). I think Cyndaquil is up there as well.

Greninjaman

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Pikachu most certainly has the most actually. I mean, he's been through seven regions at this point.

game3524

Reaction score
Yeah, Pikachu being number one is a given. I was thinking more of who came in second.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Talonflame had 7/8 in Kalos, meanwhile Noivern had 0 so I assume he has the least when referring to permanent team members. Primape also didn't get any, but he only had that thing for a few episodes so idk how much it counts. And then, Poipole and Meltan were never used in a trial/kahuna battle. But again, Poipole was also temporary.

He would have gotten one had Ash decided to use it for Erika. I think Pidgeotto also only has one match...The battle for the Cascade Badge.
Wasn't Pidgeotto used against TR in Giovanni's place at the Viridian gym?

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I think so...
checks
Yup, he does use it for that Gym Battle.
Pidgeotto was used to battle Geodude, Starmie, Venonat/Venomoth and Rhydon

Noctowl and Totodile were only used once in Johto
Torkoal was only used against Norman, Ash only caught Snorunt before the eighth gym giving him little time to use it
Scraggy was only used against Brycen
Gible and Noivern weren't used in gym battles

Greninjaman

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Wow. Poor Gible and Noivern. It's good that ash did not use Noivern for the 8th Gym because of that quad weakness to ice.

I think Buizel had three Gyms? I remember Maylene, Wake, and...Who else?

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Wow. Poor Gible and Noivern. It's good that ash did not use Noivern for the 8th Gym because of that quad weakness to ice.

I think Buizel had three Gyms? I remember Maylene, Wake, and...Who else?
I believe he was also used against Fantina and Byron.

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard to feel that bad for Gible in this case. I don't think that late series captures tend to be put in a lot of Gym battles. I think that they could have given Noivern at least one Gym battle since it was caught in the middle of XY, but I believe it would have been at a pretty huge disadvantage in all of the remaining Gyms by the time it learned to fly.

Greninjaman

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
It's hard to feel that bad for Gible in this case. I don't think that late series captures tend to be put in a lot of Gym battles. I think that they could have given Noivern at least one Gym battle since it was caught in the middle of XY, but I believe it would have been at a pretty huge disadvantage in all of the remaining Gyms by the time it learned to fly.
Yeah. Wulfric is an Ice type Gym, so Noivern would have been at a huge disadvantage.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Well, for early series captures Torracat has been used in a single trial, that too a double battle with Rowlet.

Moonbyum

Huge Acerola Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a question that has been on my mind for a bit: Out of all of Ash's Pokemon (from Pikachu to his most recent catch), who has fought in the most Gym Battles and who fought in the least number of Gym Battles? I ask this because I am curious (plus I'm feeling lazy enough to not bother doing it myself).
For most gym battles throughout the series it's mostly Talonflame and Charizard. The least has to be Pidgeotto or Primeape

Greninjaman

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
For most gym battles throughout the series it's mostly Talonflame and Charizard. The least has to be Pidgeotto or Primeape
Do you have evidence to support this? Not saying I don't believe you.