• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon Captures Speculation

Personally, I'm all for Ash getting a super-girly pokemon. I just don't think that the anime would actually be cool enough to do it, certainly not in Brionne's case.

It's strange how no one bats an eye over Ash getting some tough more masculine Pokemon, but the moment a more feminine Pokemon comes around, people complain about how it's too girly for Ash.

While I really like Brionne, I don't think it would fit with Ash's team. Not because it's too feminine or "girly" as people often put it, but rather because I don't think it would really work with the kind of Pokemon he usually gets. Plus, after all of the attention Greninja got, I don't know if we need to give Ash another Water starter, even though Popplio getting so much attention would make me happy. I still see Ash with just a Rowlet. Dartrix could be pretty interesting for Ash, especially when it could be a contrast with how Ash's focus on battle hardly wavers and how Dartrix can loose that focus the moment it gets too dirty. Torracat looks cool, but I still can't see Ash with a cat-like Pokemon for some reason.

So... she just picked up a random popplio and held it? And it didn't attack her? Highly doubt that. They showed that clip for a reason. It was to show you the trial captains pokemon. Mallow has a bounsweet, Lana has a popplio, sopochles has a togedamaru, and kiawe has a charizard, a turtonator, and an alolan marowak.

Seeing a person holding a Pokemon in a still screenshot doesn't mean anything. For all we know, that could be the school's Popplio or a wild one that she is interacting with. And there have been plenty of instances of characters interacting with wild Pokemon that aren't there's and not being attacked.

I'm not saying that it isn't her Popplio, just that it isn't 100% confirmed yet. And again, even if it is her Popplio, there's always still the possibility of Ash getting one as well.

Leavanny, Snivy, Bayleaf and Unfezant were okay as they weren't too feminine. If they give Ash something like the Popplio line then forget SM anime. Already had to deal with the go to school thing and poor animation so I don't need Ash getting something like Popplio.

Seeing a person holding a Pokemon in a still screenshot doesn't mean anything. For all we know, that could be the school's Popplio or a wild one that she is interacting with. And there have been plenty of instances of characters interacting with wild Pokemon that aren't there's and not being attacked.

I'm not saying that it isn't her Popplio, just that it isn't 100% confirmed yet. And again, even if it is her Popplio, there's always still the possibility of Ash getting one as well.
And you're right. But it's most likely that it is lana's popplio. And if so, ash won't get one as he never gets a pokemon that his partner gets. But I could be wrong

I just hope that someone in the main cast gets a Popplio and that it won't be reduced to just being another attempt to making a comedy relief starter. I've had enough of that, especially when I think it only really worked well enough on Piplup since there was more to it than just being comedy relief. Popplio is way too cute to be just comedy relief in my opinion.

And you're right. But it's most likely that it is lana's popplio. And if so, ash won't get one as he never gets a pokemon that his partner gets. But I could be wrong

True, it most likely is. I personally just don't want to speak of it like its certain until its confirmed.

Has it been confirmed that Lana is his traveling companion? I didn't think it was, but I'm not sure. If she's traveling with him and it is her Popplio, I imagine he won't get one. But if Lana only lasts for the time Ash is at school, he could still get his own Popplio later.

Leavanny, Snivy, Bayleaf and Unfezant were okay as they weren't too feminine. If they give Ash something like the Popplio line then forget SM anime. Already had to deal with the go to school thing and poor animation so I don't need Ash getting something like Popplio.

I might regret asking, but why would Ash getting a feminine pokemon be such a disaster?

I might regret asking, but why would Ash getting a feminine pokemon be such a disaster?
Because Ash is a man's man and he doesn't need weak girly feminine Pokemon that will hold him back, obviously.

Vanity Owl Middle Stage is amazing and I want to see it having teenage temper tantrums vs Satoshi.

By this time we've seen Litten 3 times. Once in the poster, though that's not very important. Litten's second appearance is in the trailer where Ash steps on His/Her tail. The third appearance is of the same Litten, who burns Ash's face.
To those who say that "it does not mean that Ash will catch it. It might be let loose later..", When was the last time that Ash left a starter Pokemon after battling it in the beginning of a series?

I could see Rowlet too, since they're hidimg him from All sorts of trailers and posters. The only poster Rowlet appeared in was the first one, where very Starter Pokemon does.

Flaming and Baiting
Because Ash is a man's man and he doesn't need weak girly feminine Pokemon that will hold him back, obviously.

I know you're being sarcastic but I agree Ash doesn't need weak girly feminine Pokémon so please writers DON'T GIVE HIM POPPLIO PLEASE! :'(

I know you're being sarcastic but I agree Ash doesn't need weak girly feminine Pokémon so please writers DON'T GIVE HIM POPPLIO PLEASE! :'(
What makes you assume it would be weak?

Alright, it's fine if you don't like Popplio or don't want Ash to capture one. That in itself is not terrible. However, when you dismiss it as being weak, girly and feminine as reasons for why Ash shouldn't capture one, that's when it gets into sexism territory. The use of the term girly is already problematic due to how it's often used in place of bad, but when you make it extra clear that girly/feminine equals weak, that is incredibly rude and insulting. Believe it or not, there are girls and women who visit the site and don't like seeing that their gender is considered automatically weak or bad. You can express your disinterest in Popplio, or really any potential capture for Ash, without insulting people or being sexist. Any further posts akin to girly equals weak will be given infractions. Do not do this again.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom