• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberjaw

Chuck Norris Impersonator
Reaction score
Title says it all. Most logic indicates that it will just be Ash and Pikachu starting over from scratch in a new region. However, will he be bringing any of his current BW/or prior Pokemon along with him? Will a pokemon stow-away Aipom style?

In DP Ash obtained the fire and grass starter, in Black and White he obtained all of the starters... Will this trend continue? Is Ash a lock to catch Fletchling? Will Chespin be the "new" Oshawott so to speak?

Please Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not want Satoshi to catch Yayakoma this time around!! mainly because I do not like its evolution. Hope Satoshi will get Keromatsu and evolve it!!

Throw that Mijumaru away. Satoshi and Harimaron could make a Mario Bros combo!!! Anyway, Fokko could be possible. He's looking better. About Keromatsu, I'm not interested, but this could match Satoshi's outfit.

Given past traditions he's going to have at least one of the starters and Fletchling. I hope he doesn't get a Fennekin; it would be nice to give Chespin or Froakie the main spot(s) with Ash and have Fennekin go to one of the supporting characters that travel with him since they both seem to be less popular than Fennekin. But it wouldn't surprise me if he gets all three again this time. And I hope to god there is no "new Oshawott".

If he's going to get all the starters, I'd like if say, he got them over a period of time instead of all at once like in BW!. I'd also like if he caught one of the starters already evolved. I'm okay if Ash gets Fletchling because it would at least evolve into Fire/Flying.

I think his first would prob be chespin and a bird type that he always catches in every region.

If he's going to get all the starters, I'd like if say, he got them over a period of time instead of all at once like in BW!. I'd also like if he caught one of the starters already evolved. I'm okay if Ash gets Fletchling because it would at least evolve into Fire/Flying.

Doing that would at least give the starters a chance to shine more than being caught so quickly after another in BW. Catching an evolved starter would be an interesting change, but they want to promote the basic forms, especially at the start of a series, so that doesn't seem too likely.

Still, I really don't want Ash to capture all three starters again. It really limits what other Pokemon he could use and I like spreading out the starters like in AG and DP. I definitely think that Ash will get Chespin and a Fletching as he always gets at least the Grass starter and the early route Flying type. I could see him getting a Froakie, but that would depend on what other Water types there are in the generation. I can't really see Ash get a Fennekin. The design doesn't seem to fit him and since he is practically guaranteed to have Fletching, I don't know if they'd give him another Fire type. Though, I'm also hoping that he doesn't catch more than five or six Pokemon in this series. A Fairy type is possible too, but they might save that for the female character instead.

I really hope Ash catches a Fletching, as Talonflame is awesome. I also think Ash's tendency to catch the region's Grass Starter will continue. I think Chespin would fit Ash, more than Fennekin, imo (which would be more suitable for a female character). Froakie I think could also fit Ash.

I would love it if they gave each member of the trio a starter the way they did in Advanced Generation (only don't ignore the water one please), but I have a feeling they'll just give Satoshi all three of them again. How boring.

If he gets a Talonflame, that'll take up the flying type and fire type spaces on his team

I predict
Pikachu
Fletchling--> Talonflame
Froakie, evolves twice
Grass type
Fairy type
Wild card

Ash
Pikachu
Fletchling
Froakie
Pancham

If the water type starter doesn't evolve again..:eek:hdear:

If he gets a Talonflame, that'll take up the flying type and fire type spaces on his team

After BW, I really don't think you can assume that. He had Snivy, caught a Levanny. He had Oshawott, caught a Palpitoad.

Anyways, Ash's team always has a basis of a Pikachu, a flying type, a grass type, a fire type, and a type for whatever the writters feel like giving him. Looking at all the water Pokemon been released by this point, Ash will probably obtain a Froakie. I'd also probably guess that he'll catch a Fletching, but like BW catch another Pokemon of the same type later on. I possibly could see him with a Fairy type, but hopefully not Sylveon. To be completely honest, I've had enough of Sylveon and would completely fine if it just ends up belonging to a COTD.

Pikachu
Fletchling
Froakie
Litleo
Pancham
Gogoat.

That is who I think he should get or something like that.

I hope Ash just gets 6 pokemon. I really miss the consistency and feeling of having just 6 pokemon and I think that since XY isn't initially gen 6 pokemon only like the first parts of BW, that if Ash does need reserves, he can always call on Oak. Let's be honest, I'm sure some pokemon there might need it. And actually, hopefully the use of reserves can be limited to certain events and not used all the time because I think the gen 6 pokemon should be up front in their screentime.

With that said, I also hope Ash gets at least one, maybe two starters. I'm a fan of seeing him get the less obvious choice when it comes to his type quota. And for a 6 pokemon team, just giving Ash the starters eliminates a good half when there other potentials out there that could be the water or fire or grass type. So as of now, I hope he gets Froakie. I love its pose in the new images we got and I think he'd fit perfectly for Ash's team. Talonflame can act as fire and flying and I also hope for Pancham.

I really don't want Ash to catch Fennekin. If he gets Fletchling, he'll be set with both the Fire and Flying slot once it evolves into Talonflame, so he should catch something else. I'd also like it if the starters were distributed among the three main characters (one for each of them). Froakie should go to Ash, Fennekin to the female, and Chespin to whoever is left.

And evolve his Pokemon; especially the starters. I don't get why the BW writers continued that trend of not fully evolving the starters. Ash's Sinnoh team looked a hell of a lot more badass than his Unova team did. He also probably shouldn't catch more than six Pokemon because BW showed that they won't handle reserves properly.

Ash always has at least one fire, one water, one grass and one flying pokémon every gen, plus Pikachu. So, if they give Ash only 6 pokémon that would leave Ash with only 1 slot left for something else, unless he gets Fletchling which would fit in both fire and flying category (Because of Talonflame), leaving Ash with 2 slots instead of one. I really want Ash to get a Chespin, too, and maybe a Froakie.

He will get Chespin. If they are going with rotation he will have Clauncher and Froakie. If not he will get one of them. Fletchling will be on his team too and evolve. Probably a Fairy to. I hope for Pancham too. Ashs only Fighting types are Heracross and Scraggy(we will never see Primeape again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom