• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually Ash get's all of the starters somehow.

Ash didn't get all of the starters in Hoenn or Sinnoh. May and Dawn received Torchic and Piplup respectively from their regional professors since they were new trainers. I believe it's already been said that Serena is also a new trainer and will be getting a Pokémon from Sycamore, who I think has the Kalos starters in the anime, so I doubt Ash will get all of them.

I personally think, and hope, that Ash will only get Froakie, but if he gets Chespin as well, I guess I'll be okay with that.

Last edited:
So he'll obviously have Pikachu, Froakie, and Fletching, which leaves a spot for a Grass type and two wild cards. I'm thinking that his grass type will be Skiddo, because I could see Skiddo being the 'Phanpy/Scraggy' of the group. I'm also really hoping that he catches an Poison type and a Ghost type this time around. My dream team for him would be something like:

- Pikachu
- Fletching > Talonflame
- Froakie > Frogadier > ?
- Skiddo > Gogoat/ Orotto
- Orotto/Honedge
- Something that hasn't been revealed

I'd really love it if he would capture a type he hasn't before.

So he'll obviously have Pikachu, Froakie, and Fletching, which leaves a spot for a Grass type and two wild cards. I'm thinking that his grass type will be Skiddo, because I could see Skiddo being the 'Phanpy/Scraggy' of the group. I'm also really hoping that he catches an Poison type and a Ghost type this time around. My dream team for him would be something like:

- Pikachu
- Fletching > Talonflame
- Froakie > Frogadier > ?
- Skiddo > Gogoat/ Orotto
- Orotto/Honedge
- Something that hasn't been revealed

I'd really love it if he would capture a type he hasn't before.

I would say one wildcard since he usually captures a ground type too lol.

Ground isn't a staple for him though, unlike Flying, Water, Grass, and Fire.

And considering he has gone two sagas in a row with four ground types, I would say he won't be catching one this time around.

Ground isn't a staple for him though, unlike Flying, Water, Grass, and Fire.

And considering he has gone two sagas in a row with four ground types, I would say he won't be catching one this time around.

Outside of Kanto and Hoenn, he ALWAYS has a ground type, how is that not a staple??

Although since BF is considered to be part of AG, you can say he had a ground type in AG too.

Outside of Kanto and Hoenn, he ALWAYS has a ground type, how is that not a staple??

Although since BF is considered to be part of AG, you can say he had a ground type in AG too.

Staple meaning something he catches every region, hence why Ground is not one. Secondly, he had a Ground type in AG. He did not catch one in AG.

He has Pikachu as usual. Fletchling and Froakie is so confirmed they can be without being confirmed. Then Grass and Fire. For Grass I would say Skkido or Chespin. Fire... well I think that it will be something that has not been revealed. Litleo or Fennekin does not fit him. And one wild card. I hope Tyrunt. It would be fun to see Ash with a fossil.

He has Pikachu as usual. Fletchling and Froakie is so confirmed they can be without being confirmed. Then Grass and Fire. For Grass I would say Skkido or Chespin. Fire... well I think that it will be something that has not been revealed. Litleo or Fennekin does not fit him. And one wild card. I hope Tyrunt. It would be fun to see Ash with a fossil.

Fletchling will evolve, giving him his fire type. So there's 2 spots to fill. It would be great if he got Tyrunt. Serena can get Amaura.

I bet he gets Chespin too.

Staple meaning something he catches every region, hence why Ground is not one. Secondly, he had a Ground type in AG. He did not catch one in AG.

Oh you know what I meant, the fact that he usually gets a ground type makes it more then likely he will get one this region.

Nah he doesn't need a ground type. He's got loads now. I'd only want him to get a ground type if its a duel type with a type Ash doesn't have.

The only staples of Ash's teams are Pikachu, water type, Bird pokemon, grass type and fire type. And its completely possible that the fire type and bird pokemon staples will be combined

Oh you know what I meant, the fact that he usually gets a ground type makes it more then likely he will get one this region.

...That's my point though. He usually gets them, not always gets them. You could also use your logic to say that he will get a Fighting type this region because he has had one in 4 different regions.

tl;dr = Usually =/= Always

...That's my point though. He usually gets them, not always gets them. You could also use your logic to say that he will get a Fighting type this region because he has had one in 4 different regions.

Hopefully he will get a fighting type: Pancham. Unlikely however.

Well, we know about Froakie and Fletchling being obvious captures even if it isn't "officially" confirmed (though, at this point, it's pretty obvious). And there is the always-present Pikachu, so that's three slots so far. Ash always has a staple pattern: Electric, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water. However, because Fletchling will evolve into a Fire-type, there is a chance that both Fire and Flying roles will be taken at the same time. So unless the writers throw us a fast-one, where Ash catches a regular Fire-type along with a Talonflame, that means he will have three slots left.

I for one would like to see Ash with a Grass-type that isn't a Starter. I mean, he broke the mold there with Leavanny, and he was an awesome Mon. It would be great if he caught a non-Stater Grass-type for his main team. Skiddo would be my preferred (that and we only know a few new Grass Pokemon right now, so there isn't too much to go by at this time), since I feel it would fit with him. And since he learned about Gogoat from Alexa, I wouldn't be surprised if that inspired him to catch one of his own. I have nothing against Chespin, mind you, I'm just getting tired of the Grass Starter always in his team in all regions, and would like something new this time around. But, known how his patterns tend to flow, Chespin will probably be part of the main team (unless we do another rotation bit again, if they can get it right this time around).

Moving on, that'll mean he'll have two open slots remaining. Which means he can have probably two wild card Pokemon (again, assuming Talonflame takes the role of both Flying and Fire Pokemon), so that's the tough ones to figure out. Some ideas I have are: Noivern, Honedge, Amaura, and Pancham.

Out of all of them, I would love to see him with a Noivern. It could be like a test of his character, since Noivern are very combative, it would show how Ash has grown by giving him a borderline berserker and show how he can control it. But, then again, that's probably just a pipe dream I have, so it'll probably not happen (and, considering this is Ash we're talking about, that's probably a big stretch).

So, if I had a say in what Ash would catch, it would be the following:

Pikachu
Froakie (and for god's sake, let it evolve!!!)
Fletchling
Skiddo
Noivern/Honedge
Pancham/Amaura

But, if he does go the path of having a Fire-type along with Talonflame (since he might not know that Fletchling will evolve into a Fire-type), I guess Litleo would be the most appropriate fit (thought I would still like him to have a Fennekin, but that's another big stretch).

Last edited:
It would be strange if Ash had two species of pokemon that Alexa owns.

Not really. Ash had a couple of Pokemon in common with Paul; Torterra and Gliscor, both he and Dawn have a Quilava, and he and May both had a Bulbasaur and Squirtle (though May's have evolved since then), so it's not exactly an unheard of situation. And besides, the movies tend to give such a pattern. A number of Pokemon that were in a movie ended up with a main character (Buizel, for example), because they seem to fit well with the main cast. So it's not unheard of. And like I said, he could be inspired by Alexa to try to catch one of his own, as that's happened before (Cyndaquil, Noctowl, and Treeko are some examples, as other people even just mentioning them made him want to catch said Pokemon). So it's not unheard of. Possibility of it happening with two Pokemon is a toss-up, yes, but not impossible.

It would be strange if Ash had two species of pokemon that Alexa owns.

Not really. Ash had a couple of Pokemon in common with Paul; Torterra and Gliscor, both he and Dawn have a Quilava, and he and May both had a Bulbasaur and Squirtle (though May's have evolved since then), so it's not exactly an unheard of situation. And besides, the movies tend to give such a pattern. A number of Pokemon that were in a movie ended up with a main character (Buizel, for example), because they seem to fit well with the main cast. So it's not unheard of. And like I said, he could be inspired by Alexa to try to catch one of his own, as that's happened before (Cyndaquil, Noctowl, and Treeko are some examples, as other people even just mentioning them made him want to catch said Pokemon). So it's not unheard of. Possibility of it happening with two Pokemon is a toss-up, yes, but not impossible.
True. But it would be boring to have Ash and one of his friends with the same pokemons. And I have a feeling of that Ash will not get Skkido/Gogoat. Noivern, maybe. The reason you put up is fun though.

Did I say he can't?? If he does rotate, he most likely will lol.

If he only gets 6 pokemon, I expect a ground type, especially since their might be an electric gym.

If he only gets 6 pokemon, I expect a ground type, especially since their might be an electric gym.
Let us just hope that it does not end like last time he used a Ground type in an Electric gym.

Let us just hope that it does not end like last time he used a Ground type in an Electric gym.

No let us hope the next time they don't troll us and say Pikachu isn't gonna get used then have him star -_-...

Last edited:
Clemont VS. ???:

Bunnelby VS. No-name trainer(Bunnelby wins to demonstrate its prowess and Clemont's)

Ash VS. Clemont:

Pikachu vs Bunnelby - Bunnelby wins/ties by utilizing its digging tactics and Clemont's innovative hyper-offensive Double Team + Dig tactic.

Ash VS. Viola:

Pikachu VS. Scatterbug - Pikachu withdrawn.
Fletchling VS. Scatterbug - Fletchling withdrawn, falls into a similar String Shot trap Pikachu does.
Froakie VS. Scatterbug - Froakie wins utilizing its foam motif and Bounce attack and is withdrawn.
Pikachu VS. Spewpa - Pikachu is defeated.
Fletchling VS. Spewpa - Fletchling and withdrawn.
Froakie VS. Vivillion - Vivillon wins since Viola sees through Ash's foam strategy.
Froakie vs Vivillon - Solar Beam is revealed and finishes the Froakie by decimating its Water Pulse and slamming it against the ground.
Fletchling vs Vivillon - Fletchling wins.

Serena VS. Alexa

Fennekin VS. Noivern - Undecided, though Noivern is revealed to know a wind-blowing attack that makes it hard for Fennekin to maneuver around the field and Fennekin is revealed to know Ember, Psybeam and Scratch.

James VS. Clemont
Inkay VS. Dedenne - Dedenne wins with Nuzzle after Inkay proves to outclass Froakie and Fennekin in combat.

Serena VS. Ash

Fennekin VS. Fletchling - Fennekin barely wins with its Psybeam's Confusion and a heavy handed Ember.
Rhyhorn VS. Froakie - Rhyhorn battles for Serena as a goodbye battle, Froakie takes it out with its superior agility and Water Pulse.

Fletchling VS. Froakie - Froakie and Ash captures it, Froakie wins using Bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom