• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
New hopes for his team:

Pikachu
Froakie
Skiddo > Gogoat
Fletching > Talonflame

And for some odd reason I really want Ash to catch a Honedge, even though the chances of that are slim. Hoping that the 5th/6th spots are wild cards though.

I still can't see Ash getting a Fennekin. I'm quite sure that he'll get Chespin and maybe Froakie depending on what other Water Pokemon they introduce, but Fennekin doesn't really look like it would fit with Ash. Plus, I just don't want Ash to get all three starters again. One or two at the most would be okay.

It fits him more than snivy does...or chikorita...or gible (Moreso due to the writers usually giving ash 3rd rate pokemon than actual fit most of the time) but anything's possible with a starter.

Waitwaitwait... I agree about snivy, and maybe about gible, but what was chikorita(bayleef)'s problem? It was cute as hell with Ash and probably much more helpful (or likeble, at least) than snivy never was. Anyway, to not go off topic, about Ash's Kalos team, beside Boringchu (the captain), my 2 cents:

Wishful thinking

Skiddo (the lancer)
Clauncher (the sniper)
Litleo (the torch)
Pancham (the wrestler)
Mawile/Mega Mawile (the chick, to showcase a cute(?) mega form)
Unrevealed pokemon 1 (common reserve)
Unrevealed pokemon 2 (last resource/kickbutts reserve)
Charizard/Mega Charizard (the guest star 1)
Heracross/Mega Heracross (the guest star 2)

The probable deal

Chespin (the oshawott)
Froakie (the lancer)
Fletchling (the torch/searcher)
Unrevealed pokemon 1
Unrevealed pokemon 2

Yeah, I kinda prefer to see Ash's team with no starter (Unova was the perfect chance to this, since I disliked all the three Unova starters), but, since they are the mascots, that's pretty impossible. I'm keeping low expectatives to not disappoint myself like in BW.

Last edited:
Here's my team that I would hope for so far:
Pikachu (obvious)
Froakie
Skiddo
Fletchling
Pancham
Swirlix
Those are just my hopes.

I feel like Ash will have the following:

Chespin
Froakie
Skiddo
Fletchling
Pikachu
and Inkay

If Brock comes back, I can see him having
Fennekin
Pancham
Helioptile

Ash is definitely getting a Skiddo/Gogoat, followed by being told he can ride it. He'll ride it in that episode, and never ride it again (Marketing FTW! >:D).
Hes also definitely getting a mega Pokemon, because again marketing. I can see it now! "Attack of the Mega Pokemon!" Team rocket steals [PokemonNameHere]nite form Korrina, Ash steals it back, Korrina thanks him and gives the [SomePokemonNameHere]nite to him.

o i think there this new thing call gogoat riding contest i think its a rumor deso just give him skiddo=phany
pancham=grass starter claucher=water starter i dont like froakie
wat the deal with u guys wanting froakie with him

o i think there this new thing call gogoat riding contest i think its a rumor deso just give him skiddo=phany

He looks cool. He's the least cute of the group, giving him the least chance of becoming a marketing whore, eg Piplup or Oshawott. So he has potential to be Ash's first evolved water starter, something a lot of people want. And Ash is likely to catch Fletchling so that can take up the Fire spot on his team, or even Litleo which would probably suit Ash. And with the reveal of Skiddo, he could potentially take the grass spot over Chespin. But I'm fine with Skiddo or Chespin either way, as long as he gets Froakie.

While Ash usually catches Pokémon revealed early into the lead up to the new generation, there is not enough data to determine a mathematical relation to Ash's captures. When at least fifty of the Gen 6 Pokémon have been revealed I should be able to do a Generic Mathematical Representation of Possible Captures. I guess what I'm saying is that possibly either the beginning of September or end of August I should be able to do a basic formula based on relevant information. Granted a single formula will not be possible as there are variations. There are in essence at least sixteen permutations towards Ash's potential based on what has come before.

Those combinations fall into two categories, one being that of Limited Captures which is for the number of captured Pokemon based on Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, while the other is that of Extended Capture which is based on Kanto and Unova.

Beyond that there are subcategories based upon one, two, or three starters as Ash has been known to catch in each of those categories. Finally there two that exist that go beyond what we've seen before that may still occur and be taken into consideration. Zero Starters, Limited and Extended...

By September 15th at the latest I should have the basic mathematical formulae ready and be able to present them...

Froakie is awesome.

I imagine Ash's team consisting of Pikachu, Charizard, Froakie, Pancham which will evolve into Pangoro, Gogoat, and a yet to be revealed Pokémon.

I feel if anything, Gogoat will not be on Ash's Team, simply because it just doesn't fit in. I see possibilities for just Chespin and Froakie to be on his Team, and Fennekin getting given to the female along the way. I can see Ash having Fletchling, obviously. I can also see a return of Charizard, or any Pokémon he has in reserves that will get a Mega Evolution, making a return simply for that purpose, and that would also be pretty sick.

The newest trailer seems to give the most focus to Froakie, making me think that it'll probably be Ash's "main Kalos" Starter, if not his only if they go back to splitting them up between the group.

Hopefully he was seen fighting in what seems to be Viola's gym.

I honestly think the writers are going to break the tradition of Ash catching the regional bird and let him catch an unexpected bird type.

I'm hoping for a Noivern.

I'm expecting Ash to get Pikachu, Fletchling, Froakie and Chespin for sure. Fennekin's future isn't as obvious for me atm.

I fully expect Froakie to go the Buizel route. Start strong then end up fodder while the real star shines.

We can all hope for Malamar, Froakie, Noivern and all that sort of stuff, but let's be honest.
Pikachu, Chespin, Fletchling, Pancham, Clauncher, Bunnelby.
The female companion will quite possibly have Dedenne. I hope it's the female protagonist and she chooses Fennekin.
The dude I hope is one of the childhood friends. That'd be cool.
Since the game has actual characters I hope we get them as rivals. The rival needs Malamar.

Last edited:
Ash: Pika, Froaki, Chespin or Gogoat line, Talonflame.
In rotation:
Fairytype, Honedge, maybe Noivern line and psychic type.

I wonder why some are against Ash having Fennekin? Yet they think he should get Chespin(the next Oshawott). I get the fire starters always evolving but can you blame them? The fire starters have always been pretty popular and it's no one's fault that the writers refuses to barely evolve his water types. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get the fire starter. I rather that than another bird that they almost always seem to forget down the road.

I have nothing against Fennekin I just believe Talonflame is the better choice and if he doesn't get Talonflame the fire lion looks pretty interesting and I prefer it over Fennekin.
I believe most of people are going from that point of view!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom