• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why some are against Ash having Fennekin? Yet they think he should get Chespin(the next Oshawott). I get the fire starters always evolving but can you blame them? The fire starters have always been pretty popular and it's no one's fault that the writers refuses to barely evolve his water types. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get the fire starter. I rather that than another bird that they almost always seem to forget down the road.

I just don't really see Fennekin fitting with Ash design wise and considering that he has a lot of evolved Fire type starters, I don't think that it would be a problem if he didn't get the Fire type starter this time around. Chespin fits Ash a bit more and even if it does become the next Oshawott, I'd like to see him use it throughout the series because it's my favorite of the Kalos Pokemon. I think that Talonflame has a pretty decent chance of not being forgotten given its type combination, which could also give it more variety in its moveset. Staraptor and to a lesser extent Swellow weren't forgotten partly due to their movesets, along with Ash just using them for more than searches and destroying Team Rocket's balloon. Unfezant didn't really have much interesting going for it and the writers weren't too interested in trying to make it work. The first early route bird Pokemon that isn't a Normal/Flying type might give Talonflame an edge.

As of now

Pikachu- to indoctrinate a new set of children to pokemon.
Chespin- the cute plushiemon of gen 6
Charizard- to show off mega evolution.
Clauncher- because Ash likes his shelled pokemon.
Wigglytuff- because fairy.

I could see Ash riding around on a Gogoat.
That probably be anything but a oneshot story though.

As of now, I'm liking this possible team set-up:

- Pikachu
- Froakie (and its evos)
- Skiddo
- Talonflame
- Pangoro
- Wildcard

Froakie and its evos can be Ash's main starter, Skiddo can be like a grass type Buizel in that it doesn't evolve but is more than capable in battling stronger opponents. Talonflame can be Ash's flyer and fire pokemon leaving Ash with the opportunity to get two wildcards. Right now, I'm liking Pangoro a lot so then the last slot can be anything. If he could, I wouldn't mind Mawile so we can see a Mega form on Ash's team as well as a pokemon that's both Steel typed and Fairy typed.

I have nothing against Fennekin I just believe Talonflame is the better choice and if he doesn't get Talonflame the fire lion looks pretty interesting and I prefer it over Fennekin.
I believe most of people are going from that point of view!

Yes I don't mind either fire type actually but that doesn't mean he'll get that water frog and whatever the hell that garden knome is just because of it. I hope he gets all three because I like all three so that people don't complain about who's better with or without Ash.

Pikachu, starters, fire bird, fairy.

I'm thinking that Ash, along with Pikachu, will get Froakie and Fletching so far...kinda hoping for him to get an eevee and/or a dragon type.

I have nothing against Fennekin I just believe Talonflame is the better choice and if he doesn't get Talonflame the fire lion looks pretty interesting and I prefer it over Fennekin.

Yes I don't mind either fire type actually but that doesn't mean he'll get that water frog and whatever the hell that garden knome is just because of it. I hope he gets all three because I like all three so that people don't complain about who's better with or without Ash.

I´m not into the idea of Ash having all starter. He had them in BW and they proved not to handle it that well. He didn´t need Snivy, Leavanny would´ve been good enough and would get the focus it needed.
People will always complain and some people don´t like either starter. My wish is Froakie and if he really has to get Chespin. I want froakie to be the star and evolve all the way. I really don´t like Chespin but it has the cutie potential like Osha and could stay the un-evolved one, for me Skiddo is a much better choice.

I´m not into the idea of Ash having all starter. He had them in BW and they proved not to handle it that well. He didn´t need Snivy, Leavanny would´ve been good enough and would get the focus it needed.
People will always complain and some people don´t like either starter. My wish is Froakie and if he really has to get Chespin. I want froakie to be the star and evolve all the way. I really don´t like Chespin but it has the cutie potential like Osha and could stay the un-evolved one, for me Skiddo is a much better choice.

The thing about that is that Ash already had the water star pretty much in our faces. I wouldn't mind a totally different type to be more in the spotlight this time. They over did it with Dawn's Piplup and Oshawott so I don't want them doing it to the frog either. People think that just because he will have one starter that it will be a clone of AG and it will evolve all the way, but we don't know that for sure so I rather see all his XY pokemon evolve this time instead of just the reserves. I know that's something we can all agree on.

Up until the recent announcement, I suspected Ash would get Talonflame, as per "tradition", but with Mega Charizard's reveal, he's mostly pointless and I would HOPE they pick an alternative Flying-type for Kalos. But so far, the only ones we have are Noivern (already with Alexa), Vivilion (which is a Bug-type in practice), and Yveltal (a ledgendary). Not looking too good. Maybe they'll just feature Charizard for a mini-arc?

I can see Bulasaur making a reappearance to market the Kanto starters.

Team prediction:
Pikachu
Talonflame (sigh)
Froakie
Skiddo/Bulbasaur
Pancham
(Variable)

At least, lets hope they go the 6-7 Pokémon route here.

I find this calendar interesting...

All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF)

Seems based around the show, the Kanto Starters makes me wonder if they're going to play a bigger role? Might one of the traveling companions get them, or will we see Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle pop back up?

Also, notice Emolga of all Pokemon hanging around. I'd love if we get a fake-out and they end up bringing Iris and Dent back despite acting like they're leaving.

At this point I just want charizard to stay, screw all the people who thinks powerful ash would kill the show.

At this point I just want charizard to stay, screw all the people who thinks powerful ash would kill the show.

It won't kill the show, but it will the development of whatever Pokemon Ash catches in Kalos.

Seems based around the show, the Kanto Starters makes me wonder if they're going to play a bigger role? Might one of the traveling companions get them, or will we see Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle pop back up?

Also, notice Emolga of all Pokemon hanging around. I'd love if we get a fake-out and they end up bringing Iris and Dent back despite acting like they're leaving.

Um where is Emonga?? I don't see her...

Tbh I can easily see Ash getting 2 Fire-types because if he does get Fletchling we have no idea whether the evolution it takes before Talonflame is a Fire type as well and even if it is I doubt that it would evolve fast enough to prevent Ash from catching a Fennekin or Litleo.

It won't kill the show, but it will the development of whatever Pokemon Ash catches in Kalos.

The only one that at this point would be expected to get any besides new moves/ evolution is chespin and he's gonna get some regardless of how many of ash's all stars come to kalos with him.

Last image, on top of the snowball.

Speaking of which, Froakie is in front in that picture... yet another little bit of focus it's gotten over the other starters in relation to the show. Hmm.

Last image, on top of the snowball.

Speaking of which, Froakie is in front in that picture... yet another little bit of focus it's gotten over the other starters in relation to the show. Hmm.

OMG!!

That pic totally wasn't there the first time I clicked the link lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom