• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be more exicted for the possible return of wobbufett.

The calendar pretty much leads me to further believe that Ash is going to get Froakie. Froakie had a few more clips than Chespin and Fennekin in the teaser trailers we've had, and now Chespin and Fennekin are in the background on the calendar while Froakie is at the front with Pikachu and Meowth? Yeah, I can see where this is going.

The calendar pretty much leads me to further believe that Ash is going to get Froakie. Froakie had a few more clips than Chespin and Fennekin in the teaser trailers we've had, and now Chespin and Fennekin are in the background on the calendar while Froakie is at the front with Pikachu and Meowth? Yeah, I can see where this is going.

That maybe means that Ash only will get one starter this time: Froakie. And that may mean that the writing will improve if they does not focus on giving Ash the most marketable of the starters(Chespin).

That maybe means that Ash only will get one starter this time: Froakie. And that may mean that the writing will improve if they does not focus on giving Ash the most marketable of the starters(Chespin).

I hope so. While I've never particularly minded if Satoshi has more than one starter, I enjoyed the series where he didn't have all three - AG and DP - more than the ones where he had them.

We really don't know that. I won't bet on what I see from a calendar on whether they will do this certain Froakie that everyone loves so much right especially when Oshawott was in our faces along with Piplup in DP. Hopefully just because Ash has one starter shouldn't mean that they should evolve it when they didn't barely give his other water pokemon a chance to evolve. I wish they would have all the starters evolve in his team. This includes his Kanto ones as well as all the others he had over the years.

We really don't know that. I won't bet on what I see from a calendar on whether they will do this certain Froakie that everyone loves so much right especially when Oshawott was in our faces along with Piplup in DP. Hopefully just because Ash has one starter shouldn't mean that they should evolve it when they didn't barely give his other water pokemon a chance to evolve. I wish they would have all the starters evolve in his team. This includes his Kanto ones as well as all the others he had over the years.
I have a hard time to see Totodile evolving but that is off topic. But I would like to say that Froakie is not the most cute and marketable of this gen. It is Chespin. In Unova it was Osha, in DP it was Piplup. If Ash does not get Mr. Marketable of the generation I feel like that they are going to focus less on marketing and more on plot. And that is a good thing. And plot does also mean how the pokemons will be treated. And if they focus more on that Ashs team it will hopefully be better treated.

I have a hard time to see Totodile evolving but that is off topic. But I would like to say that Froakie is not the most cute and marketable of this gen. It is Chespin. In Unova it was Osha, in DP it was Piplup. If Ash does not get Mr. Marketable of the generation I feel like that they are going to focus less on marketing and more on plot. And that is a good thing. And plot does also mean how the pokemons will be treated. And if they focus more on that Ashs team it will hopefully be better treated.

This is why I had wished earlier on that I hopes he doesn't get any of the starters so they don't have to worry about any of that. Unfortunately I don't see that happening. However we won't really know anything unless we watch the show to see rather a pokemon(starter or not) gets treated until we get to that point. But he could still only get one and it would be treated like crap so I don't judge just because of a scene or because of what people assume from watching AG years ago.

Ok, so now with the reveal of some new pokes and the starter evo's, its time to make some more predictions/ add to wishlist.

Froakie's Evo is the only one I like. I really can't see Fennekin on Ash's team. And Its Evo looks far more suited for a girl character. Chespin's Evo looks weird as hell haha. But you never know, Its fully evolved form might be bad ass. I still don't mind weather Ash catches one or not.

I love both the Fossil pokemon. Both have sweet typing's and it'd be great if Ash caught at least one of them. If I had to pick one, I'd go for the dragon one on for Ash. But I'd be happy with either.

Gekogashira is definitely the most "Ash-like" out of the three.

Well after seeing Ash's potential traveling companions, there's a good chance he'll get at least two starters. Assuming Serena is a traveling companion and takes one of them, I'm guessing at this point Ash can get Chespin and Froakie. Froakie can evolve all the way, Chespin can stay as is or evolve once (or be like Torterra and evolve all the way as well).

For the rest of his team, I'd like to see: Talonflame (fire and flyer), Pangoro (wildcard 1), one of the fossil pokemon or an unrevealed pokemon (wildcard 2).

Don't think Ash is the type to get fossil pokemon- As he hasn't revived any yet (Although the anime does break that rule and have some in the wild.)

I think Froakie is shaping up to be a water Infernape and its final evo will play the same fast, sleek role on Ash's team that Sceptile and Infernape did.

I think GF should know that people are in love with Fennekin, so its final evo might be featured a good bit by either being with Ash's rival or a companion.

I can see Chespin just being someone's Oshawott of this generation.

Pretty sure Ash will have a Talonflame, and seeing as how Goronda is so prevalent in the poster, I think he might get one as well.

How ever we see all 3 of the starters battling in the teaser trailers, so maybe he does get them all.

As much as I want Ash's rumored serious Froakie to end up a water Sceptile/Infernape my gut tells me he will go the Buizel route and start off strong just to be fodder for when the star Pokemon needs to hog the wins in the end of the series.

Revised list.

Ash:

Pikachu- obvious.

Chespin- Most marketable starter, also is very cute and can be inserted into a plethora of different situations as well as be the butt monkey. Unlike Dewott and Prinplup his evolution is hideous rather than just not cute enough to sell so the writers will make sure he doesn't evolve and scar the children.

Fletchling-> Talonflame- The obligatory regional bird. Only this time the bird is on fire. This means Ash can abuse fire armor without resorting to bullshit DEM for a cheap and easy win in tandem with.

Fennekin-> Fennekin 2-> Fennekin 3- the powerhouse starter. This will be the starter that evolves and then becomes one of the best pokemon ash has from kalos and may even be considered as one of his all stars.

Unrevealed gen 6 Pokemon- Placeholder. Will most likely be water.

Gible-> Gabite-> Garchomp-> Mega Garchomp- Ash's final Kalos mon. He brings it back with him shortly after the first couple gyms after Cynthia gives him some Garchompnite he trains it, evolves it, and makes it into his most powerful mon ever.

Ash
Pikachu
Fletchling-Talonflame: First capture kind of timid and weak at first but eventually evolves into a hotheaded Talonflame that loves to battle.
Chespin-Haribogu: Clumsy Pokemon he would have a go lucky personality but his clumsiness would get in the way of battling sometimes.
Froakie-Gekogashira: Main starter Pokemon mainly calm and relaxed but extremely serious when it comes to battling.
Chigorasu: Wildcard Pokemon stays in this stage and is highly aggressive due to not being use to the modern day world she would eventually learn to relax her strongest attack would be Draco Meteor. (Ash would not know that it is a girl..in other words it would be like the Pidove scenario again.)

If the writers don't go the AG route, then I can see this:

Pikachu
Chespin (Piplup 3.0)
Froakie - Mid evo
Obligatory unevolved water poke
Scraggy clone
Fletchling -> Talonflame (He always catches the regional bird)
Powerhouse (Krookodile 2.0?)
Some ugly*** poke that becames one of his powerhouses.

I really hope Clemont isn't his travelling companion. He's just such a lame character he reminds me of Gizmo from teen titans.

Let' see:
For the 1st XY movie
-Pikachu
-Bulbasaur
-Froakie
-Fletchling 2nd stage.
-Pancham.

And why I wanted to post here.
???? said:
This is a tweet from Japanese seiyuu Jouji Nakata, who notices lights of Pikachu and Pochama (which seems to be the building where TV Tokyo's studio) in a tweet earlier today.https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/s...99651224551424So I think they haven't forgotten about Pochama to a degree.
Why TVTokyo are doing that now. It was from last Sunday, not last year.

In another matter, we have hogh quality toys with has been known fr now.

Also, Da 20 is focused on Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is really popular but is npt featured in pokemon Origin special.

Did anyone else notice?
Froakie (probably the same injured one) was standing alongside Ash and Pikachu when they were confronting Garchomp on top of the building (Prism tower, is it?)
90119d1379601008-ashs-pokemon-xy-team-predictions-speculation-ash-froakie.jpg

Attachments

• Ash Froakie.jpg
    Ash Froakie.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 9,519
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom