• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chespin looks the most badass in the trailer. ASH NEEDS HIM. Better get the strong Chespin than to get some random froakie who got burned all over.

Random Froakie? No..Ash doesn't need another grass type starter Pokemon that I'm pretty sure isn't going to evolve Chespin being a mascot on Pokemon Get Tv shows that it's bound to be a mascot. As for Froakie it's almost 99% that Ash is going to get it he follows him around, tries to stop Team Rocket on his own, fights Garchomp, and is used against Viola not to mention he's been in the front of the other two starters on almost every Pokemon X and Y anime promotion.

How did Chespin look badass? It didn't do shit besides use Leech Seed -_-

Can Ash get Tyrunt? Please? Tyrantrum looks Bad-ass. I really want Ash to get Inkay too, even though it doesn't really seem like something Ash would get.

He's totally getting Fletching. And for the 1st time in a long time I'm completely for Ash getting the regional bird, because Talonflame seems awesome.

Grass type spot can go to either Chespin or Skiddo. I think I would prefer Skiddo though. Give Ash only one starter.

Inkay is pretty much confirmed for TR at this point so it is highly unlikely.

Just out of curiosity, how is it confirmed? I may have missed something

Well the anime poster kind of confirms it(it was shown with Meowth and Wobuffet). Plus it was shown in a merch set focused on TR.

Hopefully it evolves into Malamar and becomes the new Victreebel for TR :3

Can Ash get Tyrunt? Please? Tyrantrum looks Bad-ass. I really want Ash to get Inkay too, even though it doesn't really seem like something Ash would get.

He's totally getting Fletching. And for the 1st time in a long time I'm completely for Ash getting the regional bird, because Talonflame seems awesome.

Grass type spot can go to either Chespin or Skiddo. I think I would prefer Skiddo though. Give Ash only one starter.

Inkay is pretty much confirmed for TR at this point so it is highly unlikely.

Just out of curiosity, how is it confirmed? I may have missed something

Well the anime poster kind of confirms it(it was shown with Meowth and Wobuffet). Plus it was shown in a merch set focused on TR.

Hopefully it evolves into Malamar and becomes the new Victreebel for TR :3

Oh god no, let the pokemon attack Meowth if they have to, they DON'T need to bring back the bs James is getting attacked every two seconds.

I WANT Ash to get a Litleo so it can Evolve into Pyroar but it won't happen.

Oh I wouldn't be too sure about that mate. Looks like Serena might be getting a Fletchling and I reckon she's gonna nab Fennekin too. So it may just be that Litleo will take up the fire spot in Ash's side

Judging from new trailer it seems like ash gets a fletchling or vivillion bc he is using one in his battle against viola.

Vivillon is most likely Viola's. Judging from the trailers:

Ash's team:
Pikachu
Fletchling (will evolve at some point)
probably Froakie (hope it evolves, too)

And for the 1st time I can remember I am stoked about Ash catching the regional bird. Me thinks he'll be getting Chespin next

Ash with my two fave gen six pokemon so far?? Hell to the ya.

Pikachu
Froakie
Fletchling
Tyrunt
Ralts/Kirlia
Grass type

I'm kind of disappointed with the grass type variety so far. Outside of Gogoat and Bulbsaur, there is nothing that scream awesome.

I kind of want Gogoat to stay Alexa specific though so hopefully Ash brings Bulbasaur back when he learns about mega evo's.

I'm honestly hoping for
Pikachu
Froakie
Fletchling
Riolu
sixth Gen Pkm
sixth gen Pkm
And a seventh 6 gen Pokémon.

So far according to the revealed info I'm guessing

Pikachu
Froakie
Fletchling
Chespin

Although I am disappointed in Serena not getting Yayakamo, I do have to commend the writers on the team of speedsters he has. Pikachu, Kerometsu(Speedy, agile, sleek starter) and Yayakamo(Nitro Charging agile bird). BW was more so centralized around a mix of everything, speed(Pikachu, Tsutarja, Mijumaru, Kenharou), power(Chaobu, Waruvial, Lizardon) and bulk(Gantle, Gamagaru) and DP was more power(Goukazaru was speed/power and Buoysel was speed), AG was more speed with Cotoise being the oddball of the group. So, it's nice to see a team of speedster mainly at this point, hoping they capitalize on Yayakamo's secondary typing and don't have him get a Fire-type at all.

I can easily see Ash get a Fire-type since Fletchling will probably not evolve until 20 episodes into the series and I'm not sure Ash will go 20 episodes without having a Fire-type (minus in DP with Chimchar).

Since Talonflame is a Fire-type, I am hoping Ash doesn't catch more Fire-tyoes, even though I am not against the idea of having more than one Pokémon of a certain type in a team. It is just that... there are so many amazing Pokémon in Gen VI, that giving him another Fire-type would be just sad, specially when the other option is an ugly Litleo, besides a glorious Fennekin who I don't think is going to be Ash's Pokémon. So, judging by what we know so far, my guess for Ash's team is:

Pikachu
Froakie
Fletchling
Inkay

Inkay is a random guess, but since he is getting a lot of Dark-types lately, it is possible. It would also be its first Psychic-type Pokémon, I guess. I don't really think Ash will catch that Chespin, like some people are speculating. I think it will be either Serena or Clemont's Pokémon. I hope Serena catches it, since none of the former girls had a Grass-type as their starter. May got the Fire-type and Dawn got the Water-type, so why not give the Grass-type for the girl this time?

Besides

- Pikachu
- Froakie line
- Fletchling line

I'm hoping at this point for Ash:

- Pancham line
- Chespin (not really a hope but a likely guess imo)
- Tyrunt line or some pokemon whose type Ash hasn't had yet

Since Talonflame is a Fire-type, I am hoping Ash doesn't catch more Fire-tyoes, even though I am not against the idea of having more than one Pokémon of a certain type in a team. It is just that... there are so many amazing Pokémon in Gen VI, that giving him another Fire-type would be just sad, specially when the other option is an ugly Litleo, besides a glorious Fennekin who I don't think is going to be Ash's Pokémon. So, judging by what we know so far, my guess for Ash's team is:

Pikachu
Froakie
Fletchling
Inkay

Inkay is a random guess, but since he is getting a lot of Dark-types lately, it is possible. It would also be its first Psychic-type Pokémon, I guess. I don't really think Ash will catch that Chespin, like some people are speculating. I think it will be either Serena or Clemont's Pokémon. I hope Serena catches it, since none of the former girls had a Grass-type as their starter. May got the Fire-type and Dawn got the Water-type, so why not give the Grass-type for the girl this time?

All hints point to TR getting Inkay(and maybe Pancham) so I wouldn't count on those two for Ash.

I think serena will get fennekin, and talonflame will be the fire type in ash's team this time.

We know:
Pikachu
Froakie line
Fletchling line
Now we should speculate more in if Ash will have a rotation team this time too. How many pokemons will he catch?

Usually Ash get's all of the starters somehow. I can't imagine him not using Fletchling and Talonflame eventually. Furthermore hmmm maybe Honedge. I have to be honest, i haven't really followed the main series since hmmm the end of Johto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom