• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu
Froakie - Geninja
Fletchling - Talonflame

As for what else, not sure. Everything else is up in the air. I could see him getting a mega-evolution though, and defeat this season's rival with it. He may catch a new Pokemon for this purpose, but I see him bringing back Charizard or at least Heracross when he learns more about mega-evolution and brings them back for this purpose. Most likely Charizard, since he has the strongest bond with it, and most likely Charizard Y, since X was featured in The Origin. Whether he gets a new pokemon or not for Mega Evolution, he with still Mega evolve Charizard at some point, probably in the Pokemon League.

He might catch a Clauncher since he likes crustacean, and I could see him catching an Inkay for some reason or a Tyrunt since it is similar to his Gible.

This season is also the best time for Ash to catch a legendary, due to the low number of new Pokemon, and I could honestly see him with Xerneus. Probably not, but best time then ever.

Also, I see him getting far in the league, probably top 4 again. Last time was disappointing, no epic battles at all. I think a good move would be to have Ash win the Pokemon League and face the Elite 4. Whether he beats them or not doesn't matter, but this will lead to him travelling to the new region to face their Elite 4. This is where he will meet his new partner, a young trainer (can be guy or girl, but girl would be cool) who is going on a new journey, and Ash mentors them and helps them defeat all of the gym leaders and enter the Pokemon league. Ash does this all while catching new Pokemon and training to take on that regions Elite 4. This way would allow Ash to stay and not make his seem weak or a wuss and might actually put someone else in the spotlight. It could also allow for him to leave the series is they wanted without too big a backlash.

I don't know. Quick rant.

Pikachu
Fletchling
Chespin/Skiddo
Litleo
Froakie
Pancham/Bergmite

Spoke too soon with my previous post. No spoilers but I was wrong on one thing at least for now.

Hmm, I think I'll take a swing at this.

Pikachu-Wouldn't be the show without him.
Froakie/Greninja-Completely depends on how Froakie catches on, if it's to the level of Chimchar, it'll probably go all the way, if Oshawott then it may be stuck as is. Looking at how they're treating it now (as Ash's only starter) though I'm thinking it'll be the former, but you never know...
Talonflame-It's pretty much a given it'll evolve all of the way.
Skiddo/Phantump/Pumpkaboo-I think he'll definitely get a grass type so the question is which. The former is connected to a popular Pokemon, popular itself, and can show off the riding mechanic while the others could add a unique typing and feel to Ash's cast of characters.
Pancham/Pangoro-Could either be the cute marketable little guy or the big tough guy, either role could fit it.
Avalugg-It kind of reminds me of Glalie back in Hoenn, so I could see it fulfilling a similar role.

Other possibilities:
Litleo-It has shown up pretty well in merchandise, so there's a chance it may land on the cast and Ash would be the best choice for having it IMO. Having said that, its repeat Fire typing with Talonflame doesn't make it as interesting a choice unless they decide to split the niche between them somehow.
Espurr (Male)-Potentially I could see it work as a counterpart to Serena's possible Meowstic, or even just fulfilling for Ash's lack of Psychic types.
Lucario-Depends really, I think that since Lucario has been skipped over for two generations now it's not as likely a choice, but it was given a notable role in the first third of the game, is the first Mega Evolution you see and is given to you more directly so the possibility is there even if it's small.

I really want to see Ash with a Pangoro/Pancham, but I can also see one going to the TRio, since both Ash and James have Dark types and can evolve it. (Ash can have a Dark type in Greninja, I should say.) The pandas are two of my favorite Gen VI Pokemon, so I really want Ash to have it.

Based on what we know so far:
- Pikachu
- Froakie
- Fletchling (if it evolves, which will most likely happen, will serve as his Kalos Fire-type)

Possible additions:
- Skiddo (Ash needs a Grass-type on his team, and it's the only one I can see him getting.)
- Scatterbug (Ash may go to Santalune Forest at some point)
- Bergmite (out of the other pokemon, I can see the writers giving him this one, late in the region)

Pokemon I would like Ash to have, but will most likely not get:
- Honedge
- A Fairy-type (preferably something like Mawile with a Mega Evolution). If Ash does get one, I think the writers will give him Carbink.
- Lucario

Pika
Froakie -> Greninja (PLEASE)
Fletchling -> final evo
+ the Cursed Sword
+ a grass type or ice type

Could be his unchanged team.

Sixth spot open for rotation (likely to bring back Charizard for Mega)

1. Pikachu (duh)
2. Greninja
3. Talonflame (I think the preview for his battle with Viola all but confirms that he catches a Fletchling).
4. Lucario (maybe he obtains him the same way you do in the games)
5. Skiddo (gotta have at least one grass type)
6. Jigglypuff? (Maybe so he can have a fairy type on his team)

If Charizard does come back for a Mega, I hope it's the Y version. X already got put in Origins and Y needs more love.

on team now
froakie
flecthling
pickachu

pokemon that fit him
pancham
lileo
skiddo

pokemon i want him to catch
gloomy
lucario
larvetar

I really, really want Ash to get Chespin. I mean look at the little guy. He's so happy.

I really, really want Ash to get Chespin. I mean look at the little guy. He's so happy.

Clemont appears to be getting it.

What do you guys think of Ash getting Snubbull for his first Fairy type Pokemon? I think it really suits him compared to the Gen VI Fairy types if he doesn't get Snubbull I could see him getting Mawile.

i dont think he'll get a fairy type. it doesnt suite him. plus just because its a new type doesnt mean he has to get one.

I agree with @johnpoke; I would be happy if Ash got a Swirlix because I like that thing but it does not fit him. Granbull would be kind of cool too but I do not like Snubull. Anyway we have three spots left to predict. He need a Grass type. Gogoat line, Phantump line or Trevenant line? I want him to get Trevenant. Bu Gogoat seems to fit most although Serena might get one too if she should start racing. And Chespin will go to Clemont so Ash can not get it. He might not even get a Grass type this gen?

I already know that Ash (Satoshi) catches Froakie (Keromatsu) and Fletchling (Yayakoma), these I believe will evolve fully. As Ash has yet to catch any Steel, Psychic, Ghost, and Fairy types so I hope at least 2 of these will be fill in. Also well he doesn't always get a grass, fire, and water type, Froakie is water and Fletchling's evolutions are fire types, so he'll catch a grass type.

1. Froakie will evolve twice as it may be the only Kalos starter Ash captures. Chespin (Harimaron) could go to him or to Clemont (Citron). If Froakie is the only starter of Ash, then it will need to reach its final evolution. In addition, none of Ash's water starters has yet achieved final form, so he's due for one.

2. As all of Ash's bird pokemon have reached final evolution so Fletchling will most likely follow this tradition. It's evolution would also fill in the fire pokemon position on the team.

3. My next prediction is a pokemon that I always wanted Ash to have above all other pokemon, Lucario. With Ash's strong aura, he is a good match for Lucario. My belief that that Ash will get a Lucario is not just pure hope but backed by the game. At one point in the game you can obtain one that would work for Ash in the anime. Since Lucario can mega evolve and Ash's team will have to have a pokemon that can mega evolve. This evolution requires a strong bond between trainer and pokemon, something that Ash always develops with his pokemon and he would be able to connect with Lucario with aura. Plus in one of the game promotions, a Lucario faced off with a Blaziken (Bursyamo) both as mega pokemon. we already met mega Blaziken in the anime, its trainer is a likely future rival for Ash, Lucario would its rival as a fellow mega fighting type pokemon. Lucario would also give Ash a steel type. Ash could get Riolu that evolves into Lucario instead of Lucario right off the bat, this would create a stronger bond and show growth of both pokemon and trainer, I would prefer this.

4. I think that Ash will catch a Scatterbug (Kofukimushi) and that it will evolve twice. it would be like Caterpie and its evolved forms which I have missed and this time the bug stays.

5. next is a pokemon I hope he catches though I have no evidence for, Honedge (Hitotsuki) and its evolutionary line. All of the pokemon in this line are just plain cool and have the unique dual ghost/steel type that fills in half the types Ash hasn't captured. In battle this combo is resistant to flying, rock, steel, grass, psychic, ice, dragon, and fairy type attacks, dual resistance to bug type attacks, and immune to normal, fighting, and poison type attacks and only weak against ground, ghost, fire, and dark attacks. Honedge's final evolved form, Aegislash (Girugarudo) not only handles well against two thirds of attack types but can change from a strong defense in shield form to a strong offense in sword mode giving Ash the edge.

6. Ash will likely hatch one pokemon from an egg and may get a fairy type. Also he is likely to bring back his Charizard (Lizardon) and/or his Heracross as both can mega evolve, if Charizard does mega evolve then both versions should be used to avoid favoring either game or form or form over the other. Bulbasaur (Fushigidane) and Gible (Fukamaru) can mega evolve in their final evolutionary forms but that would require them to evolve twice, not likely to happen to pokemon from one of Ash's older regional teams, Bulbasaur has stopped itself from evolving in the past.

7. Ash and his traveling friends never carry the same pokemon as the others at the same time. Clemont has Bunnelby (Horubī) and Dedenne and I think he'll get Chespin. Serena has Fennekin (Fokko) and I think she will also get her own Rhyhorn (Sihorn). All of these pokemon and there evolutionary lines will not be captured by Ash in my opinion.

Last edited:
I can see Ash with a Tyrunt for some reason. And that it would behave similar to gible with that biting habit. But if Ash caught one, I can't see it evolve to Tyrantrum. And maybe he could get a Skiddo that evolve to Gogoat. Ash often gets grass pokemon, and since it doesn't look like he will be getting Chespin and Phantump and Pumpkaboo, doesn't seem to fit him either.

And probably getting one of his old pokemon that can mega evolve.

Serena, I guess she will catch a new fairy type and I can see her with a female Meowstic. Clemont probably have or is getting a Helioptile and a old gen electric type.

I can see Ash with a Tyrunt for some reason. And that it would behave similar to gible with that biting habit. But if Ash caught one, I can't see it evolve to Tyrantrum. And maybe he could get a Skiddo that evolve to Gogoat. Ash often gets grass pokemon, and since it doesn't look like he will be getting Chespin and Phantump and Pumpkaboo, doesn't seem to fit him either.

Serena, I guess she will catch a new fairy type and I can see her with a female Meowstic. Clemont probably have or is getting a Helioptile and a old gen electric type.

I agree with the idea of Ash getting a Tyrunt. I really hope he gets one and we get to see it all happy and awww.

If Serena follows her game counterpart, she'll hopefully receive a Meowstic or Absol. c:

I agree with the idea of Ash getting a Tyrunt. I really hope he gets one and we get to see it all happy and awww.

If Serena follows her game counterpart, she'll hopefully receive a Meowstic or Absol. c:

A happy Tyrunt is the cutest ever or if it doesn't get its way or lose a battle, it will throw a tantrum XD It would be hilarious if one of the crew actually got one and it acted like that.
Oh, and I completely forgot that Serena has a Meowstic in the game :p But she could still get one, I think. Cynthia has her Garchomp from the game in the anime, so it could happen. Or it would be great with a Absol! Kinda missed that no crew member had one earlier. And now, it has a mega evolution too :)

I taken a look every one's theories, looking up evidence. Below is what I think and want Ash's, Serena's, and Clemont's pokemon line up will be. Italic pokemon are pokemon I what to see but have no proof for..

Ash: Pikachu, Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja, Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame, Riolu/Lucario/Mega Lucario, Skiddo, Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash, hatch 1 pokemon, returning pokemon: Charizard/Mega Charizard(x and y), Heracross/Mega Heracross, Gible/Gabite, could see him getting: Pancham/Pangoro, Litleo/Pyroar, maybe a male Meowstic.

Serena: Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox, Rhyhorn, Absol/Mega Absol, female Meowstic, Eevee/(Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, or Sylveon), if not Sylveon then Clefairy/Clefable, could see her getting Swablu/Altaria, Furfrou, Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra.

Clemont: Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught, Bunnelby, Dedenne, either Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos/Mega Ampharos or Electrike/Manectric/Mega Manectric, at gym Magneton/Magnezone, Heliolisk

Either Ash or Serena: Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom