• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think he'll get a fairy type. it doesnt suite him. plus just because its a new type doesnt mean he has to get one.

True. It wasn't until 5th gen that Ash caught a Dark-type OR a Rock-type (Larvitar he didn't actually own notwithstanding). And we're still waiting on him to catch a Steel-type.

I can see Ash with a Tyrunt for some reason. And that it would behave similar to gible with that biting habit. But if Ash caught one, I can't see it evolve to Tyrantrum. And maybe he could get a Skiddo that evolve to Gogoat. Ash often gets grass pokemon, and since it doesn't look like he will be getting Chespin and Phantump and Pumpkaboo, doesn't seem to fit him either.

And probably getting one of his old pokemon that can mega evolve.

Serena, I guess she will catch a new fairy type and I can see her with a female Meowstic. Clemont probably have or is getting a Helioptile and a old gen electric type.

I agree with the idea of Ash getting a Tyrunt. I really hope he gets one and we get to see it all happy and awww.

If Serena follows her game counterpart, she'll hopefully receive a Meowstic or Absol. c:

A happy Tyrunt is the cutest ever or if it doesn't get its way or lose a battle, it will throw a tantrum XD It would be hilarious if one of the crew actually got one and it acted like that.
Oh, and I completely forgot that Serena has a Meowstic in the game :p But she could still get one, I think. Cynthia has her Garchomp from the game in the anime, so it could happen. Or it would be great with a Absol! Kinda missed that no crew member had one earlier. And now, it has a mega evolution too :)

Imagine Ash's pokemon playing and Pikachu being chased by a miniature T-Rex...
The ice fossil pokemon is more likely in my opinion.

At this time it is confirmed that Ash gets Froakie and Fletchling. The grass starter Chespin doesn't suit him IMO, but it may end up on the team as an Oshawat type of joker.

Dragon, ghost and fairy will most likely get on the team considering TR has a new psychic type.
My money is on Honedge, Goomy, Phantump and Klefki

Maybe Bulbasaur returns and evolves anyway? As Clemont will get Chespin and Alexa has Gogoat(and Serena has a bigger reason than Ash to get one)and Phantump/Pumpkaboo do not fit, this would be the best choice.Even if I prefer Torterra coming back.

Would love for a Phantump, but then there's the whole trade evo thing the anime doesn't seem to want to deal with. But maybe its time.

He could trade it, they did this with Karrablast and Shelmet in the Anime. Or he could catch a Trevenant in Route 20 / Winding Woods.

The Grass type is a mystery huh. Chespin is going to Clemont, if anyone gets a Skiddo it should def go to Serena. Pumpkaboo doesn't really suit Ash at all and even though I'd love to see Ash with one, Phantump doesn't really either. So it's hard to pick.

Maybe he will just bring Bulbasaur back. Not that I want that or anything, nor do I think it should evolve, since it had that whole anti evolving plot line. But you know, you do get a starter in the game and its relevant mega stone, so the writers may try it.

Or maybe he just won't get a grass type? That'd be too weird though.

you know what, I don't care what happens. As long as he gets a Tyrunt lol

He's gonna get Chespin for sure, it's the cutesy Oshawott/Piplup of this gen and he has no other grass types really to choose from. People say Gogoat but that would conflict with Alexas and I cant see it fitting him really.

As Clemont will get Chespin
where pray tell is the proof for this, and ps, its not that obvious, as in Gen 4 Ash got 2 starters while Brock got 0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clemont and Chespin was seen together in the intro just like Serena was seen with Fennekin and Ash with Froakie.

Clemont and Chespin was seen together in the intro just like Serena was seen with Fennekin and Ash with Froakie.

actually chespin was shown with bonnie bunnelby was show with clemont

edit: just rewatched the op and i was wrong

why are they giving clemont not electric pokemon when he is an electric gym leader

He's gonna get Chespin for sure, it's the cutesy Oshawott/Piplup of this gen and he has no other grass types really to choose from. People say Gogoat but that would conflict with Alexas and I cant see it fitting him really.

As Clemont will get Chespin
where pray tell is the proof for this, and ps, its not that obvious, as in Gen 4 Ash got 2 starters while Brock got 0.

Um it's in the opening. Chespin is blatantly with Clemont and Bonnie

Just a reminder that it's possible (and highly desirable) to disagree with other users without launching into needless personal attacks based upon opinions expressed in altogether different discussions. The guilty party knows who they are. I've gone through and removed the problematic portions of recent posts (including wherever they were quoted by others). I ask everyone to avoid getting too personal or off-topic about this or any other discussion.

One thing is for sure: there is a lack of grass types this new generation.

The GoGoGoat(?) line is unlikely since that is already portrayed with the female reporter. The grass starter is an option, but it feels like the new Oshawhat joker of this generation and i would not like it to be a part of Ash's team.

This leaves one of the two ghost/grass types. I prefer the trevenant line over the pumpkin line.
The only other option is bringing over one of the previous gen grass types.
Bulbasaur is needed in Oak's lab, Bayleef is downright annoying IMO so this leaves Snivey. Wouldn't mind addition content with snivey.

Even if it's completely unfitting for him, I'm going to keep hoping he gets a Sylveon. I'd love to see him get a fairy, and that's my favorite this gen.

As for something a little more likely, I think Pumpkaboo would be nice to fill the grass slot in the absence of the starter. The smallest size, since Ash prefers speed over bulk. Or perhaps he gets it in a trade and it becomes Gourgeist.

I just want to point out that while alexa having Gogoat may decrease the chance that Ash gets one, it only slightly reduces the chance that he'll catch a Skiddo. Ash might get one that will stay a Skiddo and not evolve into Gogoat.

Pumkaboo seems to be the more popular of the two Grass/Ghost Pokemon, I expect Ash might end up with it due to that factor.

Pumkaboo seems to be the more popular of the two Grass/Ghost Pokemon, I expect Ash might end up with it due to that factor.

Personally i really dislike the pumpkin design and therefore i hope the other ghost/grass gets the job.

I just want to point out that while alexa having Gogoat may decrease the chance that Ash gets one, it only slightly reduces the chance that he'll catch a Skiddo. Ash might get one that will stay a Skiddo and not evolve into Gogoat.

But it seems like Serena also would fit with a Skkido/Gogoat as she wants to race. Two similar pokes in the main cast would be boring.

But it seems like Serena also would fit with a Skkido/Gogoat as she wants to race. Two similar pokes in the main cast would be boring.

"Two similar pokes in the main cast would be boring" indeed. the creators wisely avoid that. but I have yet to here any thing that says the racing is not exclusive to Rhyhorn. she get Rhyhorn for racing and leave Ash to capture Skiddo.

"Two similar pokes in the main cast would be boring" indeed. the creators wisely avoid that. but I have yet to here any thing that says the racing is not exclusive to Rhyhorn. she get Rhyhorn for racing and leave Ash to capture Skiddo.

That is one possibility. But if races consisted of only Ryhorn, then that would be boring too. So Skkido/gogoat is not for Ash I think. Just go with Phantump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom