• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to point out that while alexa having Gogoat may decrease the chance that Ash gets one, it only slightly reduces the chance that he'll catch a Skiddo. Ash might get one that will stay a Skiddo and not evolve into Gogoat.

But it seems like Serena also would fit with a Skkido/Gogoat as she wants to race. Two similar pokes in the main cast would be boring.

"Two similar pokes in the main cast would be boring" indeed. the creators wisely avoid that. but I have yet to here any thing that says the racing is not exclusive to Rhyhorn. she get Rhyhorn for racing and leave Ash to capture Skiddo.

That is one possibility. But if races consisted of only Ryhorn, then that would be boring too. So Skkido/gogoat is not for Ash I think. Just go with Phantump.

they did call it ryhorn racing which means only ryhorn

i want ash to catch a noibat and riolu the rest i dont care

Ash getting a Noibat Egg would be pretty cool.

I think Froakie and Fletchling of his entire team that he will have will be the ones that evolve all of the way to Greninja and Talonflame.

I just hope that if Froakie fully evolves, that the final evolution isn't at the far end of the season.

I like when Ash gets Pokemon Eggs, so I hope at least one of his Pokemon hatches from an egg. If he doesn't catch a grass type, I think he'll either not have one this generation or bring back Bulbasaur at some point to be a part of his team.

Well I think he might catch a Pumpkaboo. But weather he keeps it or not depends cause I see Pumpkaboo a pokemon just perfect for a Contest episode. But once again this also means just because ash caught it in a contest he would be able to keep it.

I really reckon he'll get a Pancham.

Dunno. That pokemon seems more like a trainer of the day showcase and not something which can be developed.
That's true actually, because of the evolution process. And there doesn't seem to be a rival ._.
I didn't want him to get Fletchling and I don't want him to get Spewpa, I reckon Vivillon is another PotD.

I guarantee you that Ash will catch a chespin. It's pretty much an anime rule that states that Ash is the one who catches the grass type starter pokemon of the region that the anime is currently focusing on. Here's the proof: When Kanto was the region of focus Ash caught a bulbasaur. When Johto was the region of focus Ash caught a chikorita. When Hoenn was the region of focus Ash caught a treecko. When Sinnoh was the region of focus Ash caught a turtwig. And when Unova was the region of focus Ash caught a snivy. So following that pattern that means that while Kalos is the region of focus Ash will catch a chespin. I would love to see Ash's chespin evolve into chesnaught. Hmm I wonder if froakie will be the first of his water type starter pokemon to evolve.

I guarantee you that Ash will catch a chespin. It's pretty much an anime rule that states that Ash is the one who catches the grass type starter pokemon of the region that the anime is currently focusing on. Here's the proof: When Kanto was the region of focus Ash caught a bulbasaur. When Johto was the region of focus Ash caught a chikorita. When Hoenn was the region of focus Ash caught a treecko. When Sinnoh was the region of focus Ash caught a turtwig. And when Unova was the region of focus Ash caught a snivy. So following that pattern that means that while Kalos is the region of focus Ash will catch a chespin. I would love to see Ash's chespin evolve into chesnaught. Hmm I wonder if froakie will be the first of his water type starter pokemon to evolve.

Yeah, but for some reason I see Clemont working well with Chespin ¬¬

While I would have agreed with you before the opening was revealed, I can't now. It pretty much confirms that Clemont will be catching a Chespin, and unless they want to have two Chespin on the show, Ash won't be catching one.

While I want Ash to get a Pumpkaboo, I think that Serena will probably get it instead because it's a "cute" Pokémon. Instead, I think Ash might get a Pyroar and a Vivillion (maybe a different pattern than Viola's?) or hopefully a fossil Pokémon.

I would have agreed with you about Ash getting a Chespin before I saw the opening. It really looks like Clemont is going to get the Chespin (although, I really wanted Ash to have a Chesnaught).

Last edited:
I hope Ash at least gets either Pancham or a male/female Litleo. They are both cute and two of my favorite Pokemon.

I get the feeling though that one will eventually be Serena's and the other Team Rocket's instead, hopefully not. Ash rarely catches my favorite Pokemon, would be nice if he gets at least three this time. Fletchling line and Froakie line are two of my favorites already. :D

Inkay and Pancham should be owned by one trainer of the week, since Inkay evolves in a weird way and having Inkay helps Pancham evolve.

Well even if Ash doesn't get a chespin (although I still think there's a chance he will) I think it's safe to say that one or more of his pokemon will evolve.

I think it would be nice if Ash didn't have a Pokemon that was abandoned this time. Though a non-starter that was abandoned would be a change from what was done before, especially if it isn't a Fire Type.

I hope he at least gets one Psychic, Ghost, or Steel type this time. One of each would be great, but I'd be happy with just one or two that he would get. Male Espurr, Phantump that won't evolve, and maybe Klefki as an oddity for a Steel type, which would also give him his first Fairy type too.

Update from my previous guess:

Froakie - Frogadier (at least) - Greninja (at best). Too popular not to evolve, and it would cover Dark-type as well.
Fletchling - all the way to final evo for tradition
Litleo - but idk, would Ash carry two pokemon of the same types? :/
Espurr (male) - Meowstic (if Serena catches a female one, for shipping purposes)
Honedage - to final evo, for his Steel type. And cursed swords are awesome
Or maybe Klefki could be a unique choice.

Remaining spot for either a fossil pokemon, bug-type, or grass-type. Who knows? He might actually get a Goomy. Ash has a Gible, so wynaut a second pseudo-legendary.

Also, I'd prefer if Chespin goes and stays with Clemont to save him from getting overshadowed and receiving less screentime as Ash's team member. Chespin would have better appearance as Clemont's pokemon.

Pokemon from this generation I wish Ash would catch: from the Honedge line (all are ok, but preferably Aegislash); Tyrunt (would love to see him nibble on things like Gible); Hawlucha (Lucha libre); Xerneas (Not gonna happen, but it's nice to dream)

Pokemon lines from this generation I think has a good chance of joining his team: Pyroar, Gogoat, Meowstic, Clawitzer, Trevenant.

Also, I'd prefer if Chespin goes and stays with Clemont to save him from getting overshadowed and receiving less screentime as Ash's team member. Chespin would have better appearance as Clemont's pokemon.
Not to say that Chespin wouldn't get enough screen time under Clemont's care, but I don't see how being given to Ash would guarantee that it wouldn't. In BW, all of the starter Pokémon in Ash's party got more spotlight than most of his other Pokes during the series run, and this is in spite of the fact that Ash caught more than five Pokémon to rotate during the course of BW. So, if anything, I'd say that being a starter is a sure guarantee that Chespin would get ample screen time, at least under Ash's belt, since he has a main quest line.

Again, I'm not saying that Chespin wouldn't for sure get enough screen time if it were given to Clemont - and that's all but confirmed at this point - but Chespin could also just as easily become the next Mudkip with Clemont. Though, hopefully, the writers will have learned from that now.

As far as speculation goes, I'll just say that a Honedge for Ash would be cool. It would also give him his first Steel and Ghost type (Haunter doesn't count).

Last edited:
Hmm, I think the opening implies which Pokemon won't be caught by the main group. So perhaps Honedge, Meowstic F, Vivillion, Swirlix, Pangoro ... so far it seems true. I mean, they didn't even use Fletchling in the opening for the generic bird, they used Pidgey instead. Sadly because I wanted to see a Swirlix on someone's team. :c

I hope Ash gets one of the fossils this gen, they both have a lot of potential for personality and battle capabilities. As for a grass type, either a Pumpkaboo or Phantump would be fitting. Ah I can't decide on anything, all gen 6 Pokemon are cool.

I'm wondering if the Espurr is captured by Ash in the upcoming episode. Male Meowstic seems to fit him.

But I can see Serena obtaining it and it being female. It fits with her game team, too. Since Serena is the main rival in game if you choose male, I hope she follows her game team. It didn't happen with May, but could she even be considered a rival?

Though I can't see her getting Eevee, as May already owned one, or Absol, but it'd be cool. But what would she have? Jolteon, Flareon or Vaporeon? I guess the one that she uses if you choose Chespin (since she has Fennekin).

I'd love to see him or James getting Swirlix. I'd like a Grass-Type, as he already has a Water-Type (Froakie) and a Fire-Type (We all know that Fletchling will evolve).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom