• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Sexuality (in 10+ years)

Ash's Sexuality in 10 years

• Straight

Votes: 78 41.5%
  • Gay

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • Still Asexual

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Dead/other

Votes: 30 16.0%

• Total voters

Sith Droideka

I! AM NOT! A MORON!
Reaction score
I searched the rules and even contacted a mod (who didn't respond), but I couldn't find anything wrong with this topic.

What do you believe Ash's sexuality will be in 10 years, in-show. As in, when Ash is 20-25. Of course, we know that homosexual activity will never be explicitly shown in a possible epilogue. Still, what do you think he will be?

Re: Ash's Sexuality

Since The School of Hard Knocks is the only iron-clad piece of evidence that hints at Ash's sexuality, old that it may be, assuming that no retcons were made, Ash is likely to be heterosexual or bisexual later on.

Or he could pull a 180 and decide sexual relations are not important and just be asexual, lol

Considering the only piece of evidence showing his sexuality is back when he drooled over Giselle, I'm pretty sure he's straight. And I'm sure that he'll be straight in the next 10 years. An oblivious dunce, but still straight.

He's probably straight, like what the other two people before me said.

It wouldn't suprise me if he was any of ther above choices however, so I just voted "Dead/Other"

Considering the only piece of evidence showing his sexuality is back when he drooled over Giselle, I'm pretty sure he's straight. And I'm sure that he'll be straight in the next 10 years. An oblivious dunce, but still straight.

The only know moment I think when Ash showed interest for either gender, so I assume when/if he grows up, he will be straight.

Naturally, he has to be straight to end up with Angie... :-D

I don't really believe in any sort of shipping with Ash and any of the females he's travelled with, I only believe rock-hard evidence, which is why I voted Ash will be straight. C'mon, you all saw how nuts him and Brock went over that photo of Giselle xD

He had an obvious sexual attraction to Giselle way back in Kanto, proving that he is neither gay nor asexual. I'd have to believe that he's bisexual, though: you'd think that he'd develop a romantic interest in girls along with maturing prior to DP.

EDIT: Dammit, I just missed the entire point... it's about his sexuality in ten years. XD

I think maybe he will be bisexual, yes.

Last edited:

Define "explicitly shown", because to my mind they wouldn't show "explicit" heterosexuality either. Seriously, stop with the double standard and maybe someday society will stop too.

Pshhh, we ALL know he's gonna be dead because Misty, May, Dawn, and the next multiple female traveling companions are going to murder him for not replacing their bikes.

I tihnk he'll be bisexual...or he'll be doing pokemon in 10 years who knows

Pshhh, we ALL know he's gonna be dead because Misty, May, Dawn, and the next multiple female traveling companions are going to murder him for not replacing their bikes.

Why would Misty care? She got her bike in the end :p
Bah Both May and Dawn just has that as an excuse to travel with AshXD
Ask for which hey'll end up, well if any one were to turn him onto guys it'd have to be Paul. So far that hasn't happened LOL. I feel maybe he's confused at the moment cuz he's still oblivous to love.

Ash clearly reproduces asexually. How else do you explain Richie? By the way, seeing the title name on the main screen made laugh pretty hard.

When I first saw this, I thought you were wondering if Ash is a guy or a girl...
Well...
Hes crossed-dressed before, so, I put my vote as dead/other.
I think he'll be straight in 10 years, though.

Lol I thouhgt Barry would go for Paul!

But if he does turn gay maybe he'll like Gary or Richy

10 years from now, Ash is fat, alcoholic, has 6 kids & lives in a trailer house. So he's straight.

Define "explicitly shown", because to my mind they wouldn't show "explicit" heterosexuality either. Seriously, stop with the double standard and maybe someday society will stop too.

Just playing devil's advocate, but I've seen plenty of shows aimed at children that feature heterosexual kissing: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" ended with a kiss between the two main characters, Helga kissing Arnold in "Hey Arnold", or most famously the spaghetti dinner kiss in "Lady and the Tramp". I bring it up because kissing is an explicit display of heterosexuality.

However, I've (personally) never seen a single openly gay character in a show aimed at children, as disappointing as that is, let alone explicit depictions of homosexuality. With respect, I think it's a bit harsh you would suggest Sith Droideka is holding back society for simply pointing out a sad truth: it would be too controversial for a carefully-marketed show like Pokemon to introduce an openly gay character. It would cause an uproar among conservative groups; bigoted parents would be afraid of how the show would affect their kids. You know that's ridiculous, and I know that's ridiculous, and I'm sure the fine people at Nintendo know that it's ridiculous, but that's not the point: the point is that it's what would happen.

Remember the uproar caused when people just suspected one of the Teletubbies was gay? I honestly don't think Pokemon USA or Nintendo would be willing to face that kind of controversy. It would hurt the sales of the games the shows advertise and the merchandise based off the show. To put it bluntly, the people behind Pokemon are more interested in making money than exploring social issues.

Honestly, I think it would be wonderful for Pokemon to introduce a gay character, but I don't think it's going to happen. Someday, society will wake up and the LGBTQ community will be represented on kids shows, but I can't see Pokemon being that show- the creators won't do it, for the above reasons.

Bisexual. He's shown attraction/admiration of both sexes before in the anime, but mostly towards women because otherwise the soccer moms would revolt against Nintendo.

Imagine the elite of Nintendo (Miyamoto, Iwata, etc.,) trying to fend off hordes of pissed soccer moms in their huge gas guzzling SUVs. Maybe they could use Wiimotes and Nunchuks, but soccer moms can bite, man.

Considering that Ash should be around 23 years old by now (assuming that each season takes place over the course of about a year)and he still doesn't seem to have gone through puberty, I'm gonna go with asexual.

Also, all of you that ship him with May/Dawn, consider that. He's 23, they're 10-14. You pedos

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom