• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Snivy VS Iris's Emogla

Ash's Snivy or Iris's Emogla

• Ash's Snivy

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Iris's Emogla

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Shiny Shinx

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn!
Reaction score
You know someone had to do this. It's to irestistable to not to.

So Ash's Snivy, which is cool and caculated
OR
Iris Emogla, where is kind of greedy, not to mencion how she was kept being eaten on this site. :sweat:

But it has to be Tsutarja, who is the true HBIC, while Emonga tries to be the wannabe HBIC.

Hands down Satoshi's Tsutarja. All around just a more enjoyable character who provides laughter and is very likeable at the same time. I like how she won't take crap from anybody and will also be very protective of Satoshi's Pokémon. She's kinda the Mama Bear of the group and that badass/kind combo just works.

Snivy will just strangle Emolga to death with her vine whip. Nuff said.

Yeah, Ash's Snivy was using Attract before it was cool/abused and overused. She's got the badass girl attitude that's appealing and admirable, she's an effective mediator, and she won't put up with anybody's shit. And there's a lot of shit to go around in BW. Snivy's one of the few aspects of BW I genuinely enjoy, so she stands out to me. The more I think about it, the more I realize that despite the ship being hilarious, Ash's Snivy is way too good for Trip's Servine. She'd be an awesome power couple with Ash's Sceptile once she fully evolves, and goddammit writers she'd better fully evolve.

tl;dr: Ash's Snivy is cool and she knows it, so her high opinion of herself is totally justified.

Iris' Emolga is just a shameless gold-digger. The fact that her "development" outside of her clash with Snivy happens with off-screen plot magic makes her all the more unappealing. She can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk like Snivy can. That's another thing that makes Emolga inferior. She's a girl who relies on her cute looks to get by; to Snivy, the cute looks (I take a risk to say she probably comes off more as "sexy" to other Pokemon than just "cute" because of her cool, mature attitude opposed to Emolga's shallow loli appeal) are just a side-bonus to the fact that she can kick major ass to assert her authority and get what she wants. If Attract fails Snivy, it's not the end of the world for her. If Attract fails Emolga, she's usually" SHIT SHIT SHIT ABORT ABORT GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER" and uses Volt Switch to bail. Don Battle notwithstanding because that was bullshit plot convenience.

Emolga could never hope to best Snivy. Not in battle, not in appeal, and definitely not in character. I think it goes without saying Snivy's got more of a moral appeal as well, since she's merely just cool and knows it and gets what she deserves. Emolga's a con-artist who's TRYING to be cool and failing.

inb4 Snivy/

For me I pick Emolga. She is really entertaining and I love her facial expressions it reminds of those online memes.

Snivy, without a doubt. She is my favourite character in BW, and quite possibly my favourite in the entire Anime. She's incredibly smart, tough AND cute; an amazing combination. BW Ash isn't worthy.

Whoever said there's no such thing as an evil Pokemon has clearly never met Emolga. She's far too greedy and lazy to be likable, and she completely lacks Snivy's class. Her unpredictable obedience problems make her even more annoying.

Last edited:
Snivy is awesome. Emolga is greedy and lazy.
Snivy likes to fight. Emolga doesn't.

Ash's Snivy is sassy and has the skills to back it up.

Iris's Emolga has just become a running gag that got stale really quickly. Just like Stephan and his "my name's Stephan" joke. And personally, I don't think Emolga is that cute. Snivy even wins in that department.

Forget the type disadvantage - Snivy is going to WIN because she has so much more power hidden inside her XDD

Emolga's problem is that in terms of damaging attacks she only has two which work in one on one battles and one of them's Discharge which in the anime you have to get close up to use. However Snivy has a much better moveset and better Strategies. If it weren't for Attract and Static Emolga wouldn't have won any battles

The winner is obviously the fire attack tanking hero, Tsutarja :), also my favorite Pokemon in the gen 5 Anime. She has tanked a Simisear and an Emboar and Heatmor and i think she will be able to tank Entei... I also loved the way she is so protective to other Pokemon.

I can't stand the Snivy line.

So Emolga wins, even though it's not that cool either.

Snivy=smugleaf=Awesomness
Emolga=some form of dinner=more comediac relief

so i think snivy is better

It's quite the hard to pick, Ash's Snivy does get more screen time then Iris's Emolga to show out and show off but, Iris's Emolga has that certain appeal about herself that makes her such a fun and interesting character to watch. In terms of battles, I would defiantly have to with Iris's Emolga, I found her battle against Stephan's Sawk to be vastly more entertaining then every battle Snivy has fought on screen. I just can't get over how strategic and great that strategy was, Emolga didn't stand a chance against Sawk without that strategy since the small flying squirrel was up against a fighting martial artist. However, thanks to Static showing itself and the defensive drop by Sawk's constant Close Combating, Emolga had a fighting chance and finally finished things with a Volt Switch.

I really think Emolga's voice is adorable also XD

I also disagree with the idea that Emolga had a disobedience problem that was sidestepped over, Iris's Emolga has always been established as a lazy Pokemon, but she by no means has no problem battling or helping out in certain situations. She even battled Pignite and Minccino with no problem, and helped Snivy against Simisear. She trained with Swadloon, helped save Axew, got angry enough and protective enough to zap that Swadloon who she thought was bullying the female Axew, and has truly shown some guts as a whole. She even poked fun at Snivy over Leavanny's leaf collar, when it was obvious she didn't like it either, even evading the Vine Whip and taking to the sky(Guess that explains the Grass-Flying disadvantage). I enjoy her interactions with mostly ever Pokemon comes in to contact with, and I just wish she got more battles and screen time and learned Acrobatics already. I defiantly think she's overflowing with personality, and very marketable.

When it comes to Snivy, I like her too. Her personality and interactions are pretty fun for the most part, sometimes I really believe the writers are making Snivy look stronger then she really is. She started off with already awesome moveset and Attract so we can assume her trainer at least trained her well enough, but in many of her battles if Attract fails she often gets wrecked on the spot due to her extremely poor movepool, I really think Georgia's Pawniard deserved to beat her at the Club Battle Tournament, mainly because Pawniard hadn't taken any damage and had an answer to everything Snivy did, it was smart of Ash to use the rocks to hurt Pawniard though. But, Pawniard really shouldn't have been taken out. She's gotten wrecked in mostly every battle where Attract failed, Excadrill, Emolga, for example. When Attract works 100% percent it usually just feels too easy for my taste, her first gym win against Palpitoad for example. She did beat Gothita however, easily. Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing her evolve in a Servine sooner or later, I just wonder how the writers would showcase her as a Servine, being so much bigger then the other Pokemon and not being a Snivy anymore sort of cuts in her marketability, so I don't think we would see too many more episodes of her playing the big sister role. I just want to see an episode that challenges Snivy as a character, where we truly get to see her struggle on her own in a battle in the same way Oshawott, Emolga, Tepig, and Excadrill have. But, hey Ash's Snivy is too smug to be true and I like her personality, hopefully she starts getting better treatment eventually .

I wouldn't mind her evolving, but I certainly don't think it's happening. Ash's comment about "doing things his way" when Trip remarked Snivy's lack of being a Servine yet, despite her move pool being so advanced made me think she's staying a Snivy. Not to mention the writers have set up a rivalry between her and Trip's Servine and the writers love that whole, "overcoming your evolved form thing."

Last edited:
I voted for Iris' Emolga. I watch the fansubbed releases of the anime, and Emolga there has a voice that's just irresistible! It really matches its cuteness and personality, in my opinion. 'Course, I like Ash's Snivy too, but Emolga wins here, hands-down.

What... my favorite one of Ash's Pokemon vs my favorite one of Iris's Pokemon? ; - ;

This was really close, but I picked Emolga. She's cuter.

Back
Top Bottom