• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's strongest Water type?

Ash's strongest water type?

• Total voters
Kingler. Even when he rarely used it, it was doing well in battles.

Close after Kingler, Palpitoad. He did well in the Don Battle and Elesa's Gym Battle.

I voted Squirtle and Buizel, but it seems i can't really state the reason beside they are really good in battle and they actually are serious on that they are doing. (I guess i just loved their determination)

I'd have to say Squirtle or Buizel. Both are pretty badass for unevolved forms, and strong battlers.

I'm biased towards Buizel, though, because it's my favorite Water-type.

Kingler, what a beast, haven't seen Palpitoad yet but I doubt it matches up.

Kingler, what a beast, haven't seen Palpitoad yet but I doubt it matches up.

In that case, let me explain:

Palpitoad's first battle with Ash was against Burgundy's Stoutland in the Club Battle tournament, where he won after an initial struggle with Ice Fang. Later on in the same tournament, he defeated a Darumaka with just one Hydro Pump.

He later battled against Gym Leader Elesa's Zebstrika, who had previously swept Bianca's team. His Water/Ground typing helped him resist most of Zebstrika's moves and despite taking some strong hits from Double Kick and Quick Attack, he managed to confuse Zebstrika with Supersonic and defeat it with Hydro Pump. He was then defeated by an Acrobatics and Aerial Ace from her Emolga.

His most recent battle was against Roxie's Garbodor, who could use its extendable arms to dodge super-effective Mud Shots. He put up a good fight, blocking a Hyper Beam with Hydro Pump but ended up getting poisoned by Gunk Shot, leading to him taking two powerful blasts of Venoshock, knocking him out.

There you are, does it match up?

Back
Top Bottom