• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's strongest Water type?

Ash's strongest water type?

• Total voters

Peachy

Disappointment
Reaction score
I saw the Fire thread so I thought, "Why not make a water one."

In a battle of Ash's water types, who would win?

Totodile all the way down. His dancing would confuse the others so much that they go in permanent mindfuck.

^lol

i vote buizel. a badass unevolved mon. its by far the best IMO

Squirtle...it may not be a blastoise; however, we have all seen what this tiny turtle Pokemon is capable of doing. If it can fly while performing a hydo pump, then we indeed have a winner. :p

Ooh, this is a tough one. Squirtle was shown to be a fairly strong battler (especially with all of its experience from training with Ash and the fire squad for so long) but it never struck me as his most powerful. Kingler was may not have gotten a lot of screentime or battles, but it did sweep that one guy in the Indigo League. Then Buizel was a reliable battler all throughout Sinnoh.

If it came down to it, I'd have to go with Kingler, even if we never got to see it much. From a gamer perspective it has the best stats for serious battling and, like I said earlier, was shown to be powerful, even KOing an Exeggutor as a Krabby.

I'd say Squirtle or Buizel, with Corphish a close third.

Kingler. It didn't get a lot of screentime, but when it did it kicked ass.
Except for that one time when it was battling Psyduck.

Buizel seemed unstoppable in early Sinnoh, but it seemed rather weak near the end compared to Ash's evolved Pokemon, so I voted for Kingler instead. A lack of screen-time makes it difficult to judge, but in its very first battle, it evolved and defeated three Pokemon owned by someone with at least eight gym badges. That is amazing.

Totodile, what he lacked in pure power, he made up in unusual battling style and he defeated some strong pokémon like a Kingdra, a Charizard and Harrison's Sneasel.

#bias #I know he's not the strongest but I don't care #It's really Kingler or Buizel :p

This is really hard. Squirtle, Corphish, and Buizel were all fairly decent. As powerful as it was for that one time in the Indigo League, I refuse to answer Kingler. Totodile is pretty good, but those three are the ones that stand out to me. I don't really have a reason. Thinking about their abilities, I may lean more to Squirtle and Buizel since they both possess moves that are defensive as well as offensive. I cannot possibly thin them down more than that, though.

Squirtle obviously, in "Misty Meets Her Match" he learned "Hydro Pump" in order to beat Rudy's Starmie. Starmie could use Thunderbolt which made it difficult for Squirtle throughout the battle. Squirtle learned this move after going throughout the Kanto Region with Ash, and in a struggle this can be looked at as Squirtle obtaining a lot of strength throughout it's journey. It also had a signature move in Skull Bash, which served as a finishing move. In Ash's Johto League battle against Macy, Totodile is beaten easily. Squirtle, it was Ash's last Pokémon, faced with an disadvantaged. However, Squirtle proved much faster and managed to hit Electabuzz with a series of Water Guns before it could launch any Electric-type moves. Squirtle beat Drake's Onix, and then even went on to be one of the only Pokemon that could weaken Dragonite. Squirtle was knocked on his back by Macy's Quilava and used Hydro Pump as a mode of beating Quilava since it couldn't do anything at the time. In the battle against Brandon Squirtle uses Hydro Pump to get the sand out of it's eyes from Sand-Attack and ultimately go on to beat Ninjask.

I swore that Charizard ate Kingler, but even if that didn't happen that turtle with the shades has no equal.

Kingler, due to sweeping the Amazing Mandi(the Juggler), It being the only evolved Water type, and it said "Cookie". LIKE A BOSS.

I honestly felt buizel was weak. I mean initially it was good but if you look at the Paul fight and the Kenny fight it looks bad.

Back
Top Bottom