• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Traveling Companions: What if he gets a Female-Version of Brock?

What would you think of a "female Brock" in Ash's traveling crew?

• Total voters

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
Simply, how would you react if one of Ash's traveling companions was a female-version of Brock?

Bianca's constant fawning over a man (or Pokemon) with muscles makes her gush and it seemed that she had an instant liking to Virgil. This was kind of a hint at what it would be like since she was a "recurring member" of Ash's group.

You know a female who is constantly falling for male trainers? I think it would be an interesting change of pace the same with Ash's main rival being a female trainer.

Discuss!!

I actually do want to see this, and I hope Serena becomes this character. I think it's somewhat obvious that there's going to be another character with the "Brock-role" (as long as Cilan leaves) and I feel that Serena would be the best candidate from all the characters we've seen so far.

Too clarify though, I only want a character like Brock to a certain degree. I don't want it to be over dramatic, have somebody pulling her away, but just enough to notice it would resemble Brock. Nothing clone like, only a resemblance.

Last edited:
A girl who cooks for Satoshi? So original...

It's not the cooking - it's the flirting part the OP was talking aboit.

Personally, I'd like that. It woild certainly give us a nice change, and hopefully indicate that there are plenty of handsome guys in the new series XDD

That is somewhat the same as half of #11 in the top #13 things I would like to see in the XY Anime.

FYI under no circumstances do I expect Ash to suddenly become aware of female and become attracted to them in the event there is a female rival or female "Brock" in his group. I'd find that funny if she was basically attracted to everyone BUT Ash haha

Even if she did like him, its not like he would be able to understand and respond to her advances "correctly." Given his track record he probably won't even know she was a female in the first place...at least he doesn't try to crotch grab people to tell their gender like Goku used to do in Dragonball

Is it bad that when I saw Serena mentioned in this thread, my first thought was that anime!Serena would effectively be a female Pepe le Pew - aka, Fifi la Fume from Tiny Toons, with Serena being voiced by Kath Soucie to top it all off? :p

Since the new series' setting IS PokeFrance is seems far too appropriate for at least one of Ash's traveling companions to be all about the ~*amore*~ from a most stereotypical viewpoint. XD Anyway I could see this being fun or extremely annoying, depending on how it would be handled. I'd mainly hope there'd be more to the character than just being all about the romance, AND they make an entertaining way to give the poor girl REJECTION every time... though I'll be blunt, it'll be hard to top Brock getting his ass or his junk brutally pulverized by Croagunk. :p If not virtually impossible.

Is it bad that when I saw Serena mentioned in this thread, my first thought was that anime!Serena would effectively be a female Pepe le Pew - aka, Fifi la Fume from Tiny Toons, with Serena being voiced by Kath Soucie to top it all off? :p

Since the new series' setting IS PokeFrance is seems far too appropriate for at least one of Ash's traveling companions to be all about the ~*amore*~ from a most stereotypical viewpoint. XD Anyway I could see this being fun or extremely annoying, depending on how it would be handled. I'd mainly hope there'd be more to the character than just being all about the romance, AND they make an entertaining way to give the poor girl REJECTION every time... though I'll be blunt, it'll be hard to top Brock getting his ass or his junk brutally pulverized by Croagunk. :p If not virtually impossible.

That would be just hilarious; if that's how it would happen, I really want Serena/Yvonne to appear as a travelling companion. :D

I would love to see a female companion of Satoshi falling for random guys. Bel's love for muscles was something that really entertained me in Best Wishes.

I don't think people who accept a woman who chases men for comedy the same way they accepted Brock chasing women for comedy unfortunately. Even if you don't think 'she'll would look like a prostitute', most people will, sadly, call her one anyway.

I would love to see a female companion of Satoshi falling for random guys. Bel's love for muscles was something that really entertained me in Best Wishes.
Speaking of Bel, my guess for why she was probably the only who was all over muscles is because she's older, and has developed interest in the opposite gender somewhat. I know Misty used to have some crushes on guys occasionally, but that wasn't in a 'Brock' way.

So hopefully, Ash's new female companion is older than Ash and can freely go around flirting with handsome guys XDD As for her getting rejected, they could just get a reaction similar to this
9w3y1.jpg

This would so be the best thing that could happen in terms of Traveling Companions next series. In terms of falling for Ash, I'd rather a serious female rival fall for him.

The only thing I would like about this is that it would be nice if the girl crushes on guys who were a slight older and ignore the ones around her like Ash and the other main boy. (That way no shipping occurs) But as far as anything else, I hope no one is a cook in the group. I feel it's unnecessary. Not only that but why does she have to be a Brock? Why can't she be someone who does something as well as Oshawott style crushing/non-cooking character? That would be more interesting than going completely down the Brock path.

As far as the secondary boy, make him do something just as well as the others. Something like that would be awesome.

I'd like to see this actually. Crystal in the anime (Marina) was already shown to fangasm over men who wear capes and it isn't so bad. So, Serene could be that type of a girl who thinks everyone but Ash is attractive (because he's a dud). But Ash will have his atsui shonen moments, that could end up her saying "You're not as bad as I thought." While this doesn't hint anything, it's enough for me to go on for a shipping :p:p

I doubt we would get this (judging by how Best Wishes went), but I am willing to write a check to the head writer if he does that. I could perhaps beg, borrow and steal money from the rest of the fandom and buy him an island with atsui .........never mind, got over board there.

The only thing I would like about this is that it would be nice if the girl crushes on guys who were a slight older and ignore the ones around her like Ash and the other main boy. (That way no shipping occurs) But as far as anything else, I hope no one is a cook in the group. I feel it's unnecessary. Not only that but why does she have to be a Brock? Why can't she be someone who does something as well as Oshawott style crushing/non-cooking character? That would be more interesting than going completely down the Brock path.

As far as the secondary boy, make him do something just as well as the others. Something like that would be awesome.

I think you are missing the point of this....

I think you are missing the point of this....

It would be nice to have a female Brock but the cooking and the "do nothing" thing is the only thing I wouldn't want with the girl. Everything else would be fine.

The whole cooking thing to me (when the guy does it) is kind of comical in the sense of backpack mechanics like "How in the world does all that fit in there?!"

The ONLY reason it is done is for fans to know how the group eats when they are the woods for days, etc. I feel that is the main reason we see them eating/cooking and whatnot.

I know if it was a female it would be like Ash battles and is like "Make me a sandwich!" No, I'm not saying that at all. I don't know how it got so out of hand with the comments. When I said female version of Brock I was referring to his characteristics as a "Woman chaser" or self proclaimed ladies' man. Kind of like Johnny Bravo from the old Cartoonnetwork Show.

Of course for a female making her a "man chaser" would add another direction to the show that I would find interesting. Wanna know what I mean by having a character "Like Brock" in the sense that I am talking about? Do you remember this;

golduck.jpg

The Golduck that Misty even said; "Is the Pokemon Version of Brock..." I know Oshawott is in "that respective position" right now but that's besides the point.

When I said "like Brock" I meant in the sense of him "chasing" after people of the opposite gender and "respectable age" I found it interesting that he never found younger woman attractive but often found himself on the receiving end of a younger female's attraction which was a nice touch.

So, with that in consideration she doesn't have to cook, come from a HUGE family, be a Breeder/Doctor, etc. Remember it is JUST the opposite gender gag for her, got it?

Would I want someone dragging her off...um hard to tell I'd like to see how "strong" she comes on to some trainers you know just to see if she is completely on the same, higher or lower level of Brock's "love at first sight" trait.

If someone dragged her off let's see; let's say for example the girl in Ash's group in this scenario is friends with the other male in the group you know like since they were kids or something and he knows how she asks around guys and while Ash is oblivious to it all the other guy comes and drags her off gently so everything gets back on track. I think that would be pretty funny and a nice twist for a change.

What do you think?

No, definitely not. It was nauseating with Brock, and it would be annoying even with a femmeBrock. Or with a gay/bi guy. Or with a lesbian/bi girl.

And yet, whilst I really didn't like Brock's flirts, it's his thing, and taking that one thing he has to another person is just recycling material. It'd be okay if the girl had an obsession with an elite 4 member, a gym leader or the champion, or some other reoccurring character, but not just with any good-looking dude.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom