• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Water type and Brock's Third Member

To give it to Hikari, he has to get a Pokémon in return. Clearly, that Pokémon won't be around before movie 10 so naturally Aipom is still with him.

Thread title said:
Ash's Water type and Brock's Third Member

I'm so sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh ):

I actually thought that if someone were to get Buizel it would be Brock. Oh dear~
Funny how the ninth movie kinda forewhadowed it then, I guess. The Pokémon's personalities have impressed me so far this saga, so I'll look forward to how Buizel will be.

Happiny... Oh my. I'm oddly amused by this one.

Yes! I'm so excited about Buizel! Except my character in my comic was going to be getting . . or no he wasn't, someone else was . . I just can't remember who.

But I hope Happiny will not be another Bonsly, although I doubt it.

But I hope Happiny will not be another Bonsly, although I doubt it.

Why not? Bonsly was cute. The only thing that was disappointing about Bonsly was that it overall didn't have much airtime between capture and evolution.

I've made an article for Brock's Happiny already on the Bulbapedia. Because I'm giddy about this and with Happiny in his arms there's no fooling anyone. But there's still, unfortunately, just barely enough room for doubt about Buizel. I'd say it's maybe 98% likely that it'll go to Ash, 1.9% to Hikari, and 0.1% to Brock.

If I post an article called Ash's Buizel now, his odds will shrink and the probabilities in favor of Hikari and Brock will inflate. Yes, statistics really work that way. Shush.

So we wait for further confirmation. *sigh*

Aw, I was hoping Hikari would catch a Feebas! XP

A member of the Chnasey line is actually going to be important? No wai. :eek: Let's hope the thing is more than "cute little plush toy" and has uniqueness like the rest of the current team does.

I didn't really like Buizel all that much but I've gotten used to the thing so much that it's becoming one of my favorites. Yay for Ash (appearantly) catching one!

Love how the DP teams are turning out so far. I'm hoping for the evolution of Turtwig not long after the first movie. Let's all hope for Aipom staying Aipom for a long time too.

Happiny is SO coming from a Nurse Joy.

Also, Buizel as Ash's water type wasn't exactly unlikely, 'cos is certainly wasn't going to be Keikouo, and it does quite suit him. The REAL question is if he'll have a fire type and what will it be if he does.
Bulbasaur was an advert for FireRed/LeafGreen during Hoennn...maybe...JUST MAYBE if there is a G/S remake, they'll do the same thing and return Ash's Cyndaquil.

I wonder...how far do they plan ahead on Pokémon captures/evolutions? That's seriously a good question.

The more I look at Buizel...the more gangsta it looks.

Could we possibly get Buizel: Bulletproof in teh anime?

The more I look at Buizel...the more gangsta it looks.

Could we possibly get Buizel: Bulletproof in teh anime?
Yes, and it will get a 1/5, or so the brutally honest game reviewers would say.

The animé has yet again made me love another DP Pokémon.

*Hugs Happiny*

Almost EVERYONE predicted Buizel for Ash, and i'm glad, cause I wub my Floatzel. Happiny for Brock, nice.

I wonder...how far do they plan ahead on Pokémon captures/evolutions? That's seriously a good question.

They probably do plan ahead for a full region of captures. Ever since AG started they've been limiting the amount of captures each character has, and each one seems to come at a certain time. There is some evidence of rushed captures, (Ash's Snorunt and May's Eevee), but otherwise they seem to do the planning well.

Its especially notable how they're keeping Hikari with one slot free just in case they have to stick her with an advertisement later on. Since coordinators only have teams of 4 Pokemon, they probably need to keep that space free for something important later on.

^ Or it could just be that giving Hikari four Pokemon less than thirty eps in would be overkill. :p

I like the way DP's been defying our expectations with the advertising. Bonsly evolved into a 2nd gen, Aipom so far remains an Aipom instead of becoming its 4th gen evolution... I hope Happini evolves eventually too, although it might as well stay a baby for as long as possible, provided it isn't annoying.

As long as it doesn't become Togepi version 2, then it'll be ok.

Funny how Togepi set a bad name for baby Pokemon which is why everyone cringes at first when a new one is stuck on the cast. :p

I hope Buizel is caught between a Shellos East Side and West Side gang war, prior to joining Ash.

And it has Super Soakers for watergun, but it holds them sideways...like a gangster.

I have two hopes for Happiny...

That it hatches from an egg, and that it stays as a baby Pokémon for quite a while.

As much as I loved Bonsly, those were my two biggest disappointments... it was caught wild and it didn't stay around for long. Now I'm just hopeful that Bonsly evolved to make room for Happiny in Brock's arms.

Might be cool if this was a start of a pattern, though, actually, considering how many baby Pokémon haven't been raised by main characters yet. Brock is a breeder... raising baby Pokémon to evolution would fit his character a lot.

Unlikely, though, unfortunately.

I dunno, Brock's team seems to be random as heck.

His next Pokemon could be something odd like Garmeil, or Hippotas.

They could do drive-bys while riding some Narcicok XD.
Your the second person to suggest that...

And...I really have no clue what that means. 0.o

Its especially notable how they're keeping Hikari with one slot free just in case they have to stick her with an advertisement later on. Since coordinators only have teams of 4 Pokemon, they probably need to keep that space free for something important later on.
Erm, since when? o.o Do you mean because May had four active Pokémon at each Grand Festival? If we're going by the logic that just because something happened in one arc it will happen in the next, than Ash still has three starters on his team with only one evolving.

It would be more logical for five to the usual number for it to fill up the five contest categories. Unless DP screwed around with that... In any case, it would be kinda cool for the main coordinator on the team to have five Pokés fill in the five contest roles, although I really doubt they're going that route.

Now that I think about it, Harley and Drew both had five Pokémon at their departure from the series...

Bulbasaur was an advert for FireRed/LeafGreen during Hoennn...maybe...JUST MAYBE if there is a G/S remake, they'll do the same thing and return Ash's Cyndaquil.

That would be kickass, actually. To give Ash the GSC Remake advertisement Pokemon and let Cyndaquil finally evolve all the way and become useful.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom