• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Water type and Brock's Third Member

Team Rocket needs way more new Pokémon.

Since thereis no "snake" Pokémon for Jessie this generation, she'll probably keep Seviper. But I really hope Dustox stays around and gets more time on the screen. I like Dustox, especially in the battle Jessie used it in the episode "Do I Hear a Ralts?"

Speaking of Happiny, an Old Man in the games around the Contest Hall City (and 5th Gym, although you have to beat the 3rd and 4th Gyms first before it) gives you an egg with one.

Bonsly didn't really do much. Aside from the filler with Mime Jr., all it ever did was cry and Brock just shoved a bottle in its mouth.

Sudowoodo, even though we've only seen it in like two episodes so far, is about a billion times more appealing. I really hope Sudowoodo doesn't get forgotten about after Brock gets his new baby Pokemon, because unlike Greggle, Sudowoodo has no reason to come out of its ball.

For someone who praises the glory of contests so much, you seem quick to forget Bonsly's appeal. In more than one sense. XP

Oh, forgot about that. When I think about Brock's Contest all I remember is Marshtompt. :p

Funny how after that Contest, Marshtompt didn't really do anything for the rest of the saga either. And then there's Foretress, who I'm surprised hasn't died over neglect with how rarely Brock used it.

And how it was kicking Eevee's furry brown behind for pretty much the entire match? XP

Just because they didn't focus on Brock much doesn't mean he was neglecting his Pokémon. Heck, Brock's gotten more praise than anyone else about the condition he keeps his Pokémon in. Remember, things happen offscreen which they don't show because it's not part of the plot - and just in case you have any problems with that reason, isn't that the excuse people used to explain how Eevee knew Dig and Shadow Ball before its first contest, something which was arguably important to the plot?

Still can't wait until Brock gets Happiny. With a full grown Rock-type, a baby Pokémon, and... well, Croagunk, this is gonna be an awesome team. Only way it could get better, really, would be if Brock got a fossil Pokémon, which they seem to be wary about doing in the anime...

If Brock can take care of Happiny then Nurse Joy will have his child. The logic makes perfect sense.

If Brock can take care of Happiny then Nurse Joy will have his child. The logic makes perfect sense.

Eh, I'm in the "same Pokémon =/= TRUE WUV" school of thought.

I mean, people use it to argue AdvanceShipping, and OrangeShipping...

But if it's really such a good measure of relationships, doesn't that mean Ash and Ritchie should be married by now?

I think it'd be great if Nurse Joy was involved in him getting Happiny, though. ^^

I have a feeling instead it will be an egg from an old man in that one town (like in the games).

I think this is one thing which would be better if it was different from the games. XD

Possible New Ending Tommorow = Possibly Buizel and Happiny animated?

Hey, you never know, maybe Brock could get the egg from a Joy.

No Joy in their right mind would give Brock a better excuse to flirt with them.

Possible New Ending Tommorow = Possibly Buizel and Happiny animated?

Why would there be a new ending? Does it happen after a certain amount of episodes or something? Just wondering.

And if the guy does give Brock Happiny . . that wouldn't make sense seeing as you said he was by the fifth gym . . unless he comes in a whole lot earlier.

Well, a Anniversary Special seems like a good place.

Hoenn changed from Sokani Sora Aruka to Polka O Dolka around this time...

And also Pachirisu is missing from the ending, meaning they decided to leave it out since they were changing it soon.

Also, in the game you pass through the 5th Gym town right after Gym, but have to go in a square to Maxi or Sumomo before the Gym opens.

Sokani Sora Aruka

Wow, you mangled that.

[bp=Because_the_Sky_is_There]Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara[/bp] was replaced in AG019. Tomorrow's episode will be DP022.

I do think Pachirisu's absence from the ending signals an imminent change...

How many episodes did May's theme last by comparison? Maybe Hikari's will go on for the same length.

Not too long actually.

447 All that Glitters is not Golden __,__,__,__,JP
450 448 New Plot - Odd Lot! __,__,__,__,JP
451 449 Going for Choke! __,__,__,__,JP
452 450 The Ole' Berate and Switch __,__,__,__,JP
453 451 Grating Spaces __,__,__,__,JP
454 452 Battling the Enemy Within __,__,__,__,JP
455 453 Slaking Kong __,__,__,__,JP
456 454 May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! __,__,__,__,JP
457 455 Thinning the Hoard __,__,__,__,JP
458 456 Channeling the Battle Zone __,__,__,__,JP
459 457 Aipom and Circumstance! __,__,__,__,JP
460 458 Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! __,__,__,__,JP
461 459 Duels of the Jungle __,__,__,__,JP
462 460 Overjoyed! __,__,__,__,JP
463 461 The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing! __,__,__,__,JP
464 462 Pinch Healing! __,__,__,__,JP
465 463 Gathering The Gang Of Four! __,__,__,__,JP
466 464 Pace - The Final Frontier! __,__,__,__,JP
467 465 Once More With Reeling __,__,__,__,JP
468 466 Home Is Where The Start Is __,__,__,__,JP

19 episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom