• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Worst Pokémon?

Who is Ash's worst Pokémon?

• Pikachu

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Butterfree

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulbasaur

• Charizard

• Squirtle

• Kingler

• Primeape

• Muk

• Tauros

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Lapras

• Snorlax

• Heracross

• Bayleef

• Quilava

• Totodile

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Noctowl

• Donphan

• Swellow

• Sceptile

• Corphish

• Torkoal

• Glalie

• Aipom

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Staraptor

• Torterra

• Infernape

• Buizel

• Gliscor

• Gible

• Unfezant

• Oshawott

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Pignite

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Snivy

• Scraggy

• Leavanny

• Palpitoad

• Boldore

• Krokorok

• Can't decide

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
Whoever thinks that Infernape's Ash's worst Pokémon really has some balls...

I am really starting to think Leavanny is his worst Pokemon. Yes it won Ash some battles...but man...the thing is a chore to look at. Its like a bastardized version of Sunflora.

Its also so damn boring. If they wanted to give Ash another bug type there were so many other better choices. Leavanny is one of the most disturbing, ugliest and blandest Pokemon I have ever seen on Ash's lineup.

And that absolutely horrid voice TPCI gave it! :eek:

I dread every time one shows up, because when they say their names it sounds like an old lady being murdered.

On that note, I'm going with that one or one of the other Unova guys who evolved so damn fast :mad:

BW has the worst pacing the show has seen in years, but that's no reason to have Ash's pokes evolve to act as a deus ex machina to get him out of a jam. In Levanny's case, I really, really miss the cute, fun Sewaddle, who was like the Pokemon version of Spiderman when he was introduced. Boldore and Unfezant aren't so great either (it's almost like the writers hate this series' bird for some reason).

So yeah, I'd go with one of those three. Say what you will about ones that weren't around very long, barely used or have a lousy win/loss ratio, but the way these three aren't very likable yet get evolutions & new moves handed to them on a platter bothers me.

Last edited:
Boldore. One of my favourite aspects of the Pokemon in the anime is that, even though we can't understand what most of them are saying, you can analyze their behavior and facial expressions to discern their personality, all without any proper dialogue. Not only does Boldore have a non-existent personality, it doesn't even have the benefit of a face.

According to Misty, Starmie does have a soul and a face, would she say the same about Boldore? :p

Ash's worst Pokémon...probably Unfezant since Ash has already like 3/4 birds.

...Excluding Oshawott and the DP mons because I am really biased against them (and I'm sure you're all sick of me going on and on about the otter), I'd say Torkoal. At first it was interesting: the overemotional crying and bizarre attitude were hilarious. But then the gag got old, and Torkoal became less interesting. It seemed to be the weak link of Ash's Hoenn team. And even when it won matches, I thought its performances in battle were usually lackluster.

Torkoal wasn't particularly great, they merely needed Ash with a fire pokemon back in Hoenn. I think if Torkoal had an evo it would have helped matters.

The battle it had with Brandon's Registeel redeemed it in my eyes though, even if it is Ash's least popular fire pokemon.

I voted Pignite, but I forgot about Totodile. Totodile is my least favourite.

I never liked Muk. Apart from helping in the kanto league a bit muk was useless and hardly ever appeared apart from being really annoying when Ash is talking to Prof. Oak.

Cant believe totodile has so many votes, personally I never had a problem, but oh well :)

Oshawott is Ash's worst Pokemon because it serves no purpose other then to sell plushies.

I'd have to say Primeape. It only stayed a couple of episode and unfortunately never got a regular battle after being captured. It got the Grand Prix win, but then was released. Ash's other Tauros would be next, since likely he only used the leader in battles and stuff while the others didn't get to do much of anything unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom