• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ask the person ABOVE a question

And, I think I ask... Chevy? I think you like Kanye, so whats your favorite Kanye song?
@skywaffles Being as you've mentioned a couple of times that you're not really into the Pokémon games, what aspects of Pokémon do you like? (Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere.)
Good question, I do like the actual Pokemon, I think they're very well designed, and I also like the connection between the trainer and the pokemon, as well as the idea of gyms

Question for Dawning, how do you have two of the fan badges?
...You just change your starter preference. It doesn't override the old badge with the current badge system.

...And once again neither of the two above users have unanswered questions, so I'm asking you both again.
sky- I believe Star Wars you've said is your main fandom, which movie is your favorite?
Chevy- Did you first get into Pokémon before or after you came here from ZD?

uhhh, idk much about you, uh, what's your favorite Pokemon?
Absol.
Honorable mentions to basically every Unova Pokémon and a pretty good majority of non-Greninja dark-types.

Is your avatar from the avatar anime?
She-Ra and The Princesses of Power- they have a pretty similar feel, I'd say if you like one there's a decent chance you'll like the other, same with Dragon Prince (where my last avatar was from).

@takoyaki - What's your new username a reference to?

This is very random. Do you like spicy things?
They're not generally the foods I gravitate towards, and incredibly spicy things I just don't eat, but I don't mind foods that are a bit spicy.

@takoyaki - Favorite anime? (Yeah boring question I know sorry.)

Are you willing to get into the Kirby franchise? I could give perhaps a few pointers/recommendations.
I have a little bit, I played around in Kirby's Adventure on the Wii U Virtual Console, I'll probably dabble in the NSO games a bit more but I'd be open to recommendations.

@EternalPokéFanGirl What movies or shoes have you seen where you like the villain better than the hero?

What qualities do you like in a character?
I've never actually put whole lot of effort into pinning this down, so some of these I'm figuring out as I type this.

Overdramatic Characters - Characters with a tendency towards being overly dramatic are just really fun to watch. They can particularly fun if they clearly know the melodrama is excessive, but continue it anyway- Double Trouble from She-Ra is a really excellent example of this, it really feels like a lot of time when they're being overdramatic they do it because it's fun or because it annoys people. Alternatively, if they don't have the slightest clue that it's excessive but it's obvious and everyone around them reacts to it, i.e. Azula from ATLA in the beach ep. (though I do think I prefer chars from the first category by a bit)

Performers - On a somewhat related note, characters who are performers- exactly why this is I'm not totally sure on (potentially a relatability thing since I'm an actor), but anywho. This is a separate category from the above because not all performer characters are super overdramatic (using Pokémon as an example, compare Nando with Jessie), and many overdramatic characters cannot be classed as preformers (repeating a previous example, Azula). Performer characters don't necessarily have to be actively performing during the story- Ty Lee from Avatar is only shown in the circus once, but she makes clear use of the skills from there regularly, and she tends toward being the center of attention in social situations, a position which she seems to enjoy. Of course, I also enjoy seeing character who are actively performing, such as Dawn, Serena, and May.

Characters Who Don't Strongly (if at all) Believe In The Cause Their Side is Fighting For - This particular category needs to be broken down even more, I think, but in general these characters tend to be some of my favorites.
For some form of compensation - Money's a big one in this. I also consider people doing looking for the glory or power to fall into this subcategory- it's not physical compensation, but it's definitely compensation. A lot of the times I really like learning why the character wants x compensation that they're trying to fight for, it can be really intriguing if done well- but it's not always a detail I need to see explored beyond the what if the character's interesting enough without the why. (Atm I'm blanking on stand-out whys but later I'll probably edit this with one.)
Out of loyalty - When I say out of loyalty, I obviously mean out of loyalty to anything besides the actual cause, though preferably to a character who does believe in it. I also particularly like seeibg scenarios with this where they have other beliefs that conflict with the cause that they're fighting for but due to this loyalty it's hard for them to consider backing out. (Claudia and Soren pre-heel-face-turn from The Dragon Prince comes to mind for this one)
Because it's fun - Characters who are fighting for the sake of fighting. These characters aren't always super developed but they're having fun and I'm having fun watching so. (I feel like an example here is unneeded.)
There are other reasons and these reasons can be combined but these are the big three.

And these last couple things I'm not going to delve into because at the moment I can come up with literally nothing to say on the subject other then that I like these things:
Sympathetic Characters Who Don't Shy Away From Extreme Methods
Examples here cause I can: A lot of antagonistic characters in the first half of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL are examples of this; Kaito steals souls to save his little brother; III does... Well a lot of things really, mostly in the course of like, 2-4 eps; and V and IV never really do anything quite as extreme as Trey does, they do both definitely take certain things to their extreme. (Kaito was always my favorite character during the first half of ZEXAL, but in the second half I never liked him as much and could never figure out why. This and the previous thing I think probably explain it to some extent.)
A lot of examples of this tend to be villains or really anti-villains, but sometimes I'll see a heroic example too.

Characters With Limited Understanding Of Emotions
Examples: Violet Evergarden from Violet Evergarden; Fushi from To Your Eternity. Those two are obviously very extreme examples, who start their respective series with near-zero emotional intelligence or sense of self and their arcs... Are basically about developing those things (at least for Fushi, during the anime so far, can't speak for the manga as I'm an anime-only watcher), which was something I really enjoyed watching. I do enjoy characters lacking a lot in emotional intelligence/capacity/understanding but who do have a sense of self as well (figure this is important to note as both other Fushi and Violet do not and they were the first examples), naming Azula as an example one more time, she has basically no sense of emotions or at least not her own emotions, but I definitely wouldn't say she has no sense of self.

(Edited in examples for the above.)

This isn't a comprehensive list I don't think, but it covers several things I like.

@takoyaki - Any particular reason you play tennis over other sports?

Last edited:
What movies or shoes have you seen where you like the villain better than the hero?
Oh this is gonna be long. I probably have more but I think those are the best known, in most cases I also like the heroes, but no more than the villain of course :sneaky:. In no particular order.

Him (The Powerpuff Girls)
Randall Boggs (Monsters, Inc.)
Lord Shen (Kung Fu Panda 2)
The Joker, Harley Quinn, The Riddler, The Penguin, Two-Face and Poison Ivy (Batman, any version)
Kisame, Hidan, Nagato, Konan and Kakuzu (Naruto Shippuden)
Katz and the Cajun Fox (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man, especially the movie version)
Kaa (1967 Jungle Book)
Terry (Soul)
The Beldam (Coraline)
Clayton (Tarzan)
Rumplestiltskin (Once Upon a Time)
King Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Captain Hook (1953 Peter Pan)
Professor Zündapp (Cars 2)
Pete (Mickey Mouse franchise)
Flintheart Glomgold (DuckTales)
Tamatoa (Moana)
The Robot Devil (Futurama)
Imhotep (The Mummy)
Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs)
Thunderclap (The Good Dinosaur)
Eris (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas)
Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Van Pelt (Jumanji)
Bowser, Bowser Jr., Boo and Kamek (Mario Bros. franchise)
General Grievous (Star Wars)
Lila Rossi (Miraculous Ladybug)
King Candy (Wreck-It Ralph)
Gothel (Tangled)

Last edited:
Do you have a particular "favorite user(s)" here? I don't have any, but I have a lot of good friends.
Hey! That's not fair :LOL:, I'm fond of the users I see every day in the F&G section and I appreciate all the users who follow me. But I know that would be cheating and that you want a more specific answer, I'll mention those users who have brightened my day with their kind words on more than one occasion, and others with whom I've had interesting exchanges of opinions, some have done both ♥. In alphabetical order.

Captain Bubbles
Chevywolf30
Chidamari Sketch
empoemperor
Fan of Jarrus
Galactic_V
Ghost Diplocaulus
Ghost Girl Unfortunately her profile no longer exists
IndigoBlue
Jyo
Moyajaru
takoyaki
TheGoldenDuck
Thunderr
tylerthecreatorfan69 He'll probably be skywaffles again soon

Thanks to all of you for everything :giggle:.

@takoyaki What is the origin behind your previous username, mewthree?

I'm also gonna ask takoyaki\former Mewthree something, because it's something only he can relate to xD

@takoyaki Do you feel frustrated when you cannot understand the context (or a huge plot point) of a story when you're watching\playing\reading something in Japanese?

I was playing Persona 4 just last month and really, what a tough time I had. Because I purchased the Steam version I could change the game's interface to Japanese, which I always do if I have the option. Well, this Persona has mostly a murder mystery setting where you have to find whoever is throwing certain people inside the TV World (thus trying to kill them, since it's a dangerous place), and reading through the investigation, the explaining and the questioning was mind draining as hell lol I had to keep my dictionary by my side all the time when they were investigating something. In the end I understood like 90% of the plot, a few things always goes unnoticed, but it's somewhat frustrating when I really want to understand it yet I can't.

By the way this Persona is now my favorite one, the plot is much better than P5.

Mystery games\manga are hard because there're too much explanation, and the mystery murder genre is my favorite of all, so I wanted to understand like 100%. Especially when the author\maker tries to fool you into think a said character is the culprit when it's someone entirely different. It happened to me in Persona 4, and the worst part was that you had to choose the right options to convince your friends that a certain character wasn't the culprit because he had no reason to commit any murders (the option was 生田目の衷心 (Namatame's innermost feelings) IIRC, otherwise you would go to a "bad ending", per say, where the true culprit is never found out. I went to a bad ending 5 or 6 times in a row lol It was very annoying. And then, later in the game, you have to guess the right culprit from a list, if you fail three times in a row you go to the bad ending again. It was easier this time since I had already found out whom it was because I was doubting the bad ending was really the ending.

@Galactic_V how was your summer? Did you do anything fun?

I don't want to turn it into a vent (or a huge rant), so I'll try to contain myself. My home has been a living hell ever since November from last year. I live just next-door to a 30-year old man-child who rather solve problems by ignoring them other than facing them, and other than ignoring he also has a big talent in holding deep personal grudges against people. We had somewhat of a discussion last year, and since then he started to completely blank me, while annoying the hell out of me by making a big noise war from inside his room. It's just getting worse as times passes, sometimes he even wakes me up during the night because of loud noise. I like to call him either Noteman or God of Grudge, made-up super-hero names since he has a tendency of leaving "warning" notes instead of knocking on my door and trying to talk like I tried to do a couple of times, to no results (and like any other mature adult would do).

So yeah, my summer was from average to just plain bad, so much I decided to quit my job and take a few months vacation in my homecountry, which I'm doing in A FEW WEEKS, THANK GOODNESS (and starting all fresh in a brand new place as soon as I come back to Canada). But I did some enjoyful things, I beated some really good games (Persona 4 and Strikers being two of them, both really worth it, made some really nice arts (not all of them end up as avatars\signatures though), watched a bunch of Brazilian soup operas (for some reason they remind me of my childhood and homecountry, which calms me down), all the Disney+ Marvel series, a bunch of Youtube videos, songs, etc etc...

Again, sorry for the rant. Just wanted to give some context lol

@Galactic_V What are the major inspirations behind your main story? (S.O.R.R.O.W. I think it is but if it's changed go ahead and answer for the current one instead)
It's somewhat of a long story, I'll try to resume things. I was a Danganronpa fan many years ago, and just when I was starting to draw and develop my art style I came up with this fanfic where 14 new students'd be trapped inside Hope's Peak Academy and forced to play the same murder game the canon characters played in DR1.

A few promotional pics I made back then:
hope_s_peak_academy___class_104th_by_galacticronpa-d9xqdlg.png
55230655_p0_master1200.jpg
55364742_p0_master1200.jpg

Some time later I decided to do something completely original, but trying to keep the same "students trapped in their own high school while forced to play a murder game" setting, and that's when TEARS was born. When I thought of it I was still going on with the Dr fic, so the plot changed many times. Some featured a battle royale (Hunger Games style), and others another mystery killer scenario. Eventually I settled with both ideas, where 14 students'd be trapped inside an enclosed major area of Tokyo, forced to play an outlasting battle royale game until only one of them remained, which they'd refuse to do. By then a mysterious killer'd start killing one by one and the protagonist's main goal would be to find out who that person was (as well as find a way to stop the game and exit from the city).

King's Hill group pic 2.jpg

S.O.R.R.O.W. follows the same idea (with the exception that now the characters aren't high schoolers anymore, they aren't classmates, and there's no school setting whatsoever), I thought of it right after I beated The Last of Us Part II, that's when the concept of adding zombies (called Predators in this universe) came. And to fight those flesh-eating monsters, I also took inspiration from both Gears of War and Metroid and added those Soldier characters (a special unit trained to deal with Predators) an armor suit and a powerful gun able to kill them with a single shot. But the plot is basically the same as TEARS. It's a battle royale inside a huge fictional Canadian metropolis, the characters refuse to kill each other, one of them starts doing it and Aria and Tohru set to unmask this person while also finding a way to end the game for good.

Before S.O.R.R.O.W., I had always invisioned my characters speaking Japanese only, not mattering where the story took place. This one started a trend where I imagine they speaking English instead (a reason it's so important to set the plot in an English-speaking country).

s_o_r_r_o_w__aria_starkia_soldier_suit_promo_by_galacticronpa_dduu7o3.jpg
s_o_r_r_o_w_promo_3__eleven_players___one_victor__by_galacticronpa_dejnpwy.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll ask two people now.

First, @EternalPokéFanGirl : Do you watch things dubbed in English or Spanish? I mean Disney\Pixar\Dreamworks\ etc... movies\series\cartoons, etc. Something else, those things you watched as a kid, you'd rather see them in English or Spanish (or Japanese in the case of anime)?

Second, @tylerthecreatorfan69 : What your new username means? lol Idk, for me it seems so random. Kinda reminds me of my favorite Total Drama character who, unfortunately, has always been ignored by the creators.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom