• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Assassins: Division E

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We need to find the Skill User that's causing all of this and quickly," Shun warned as he tried to stay close to the group, he knew that if they were indeed dealing with a wind user then the level of skill that he or she might have could prove to be a challenge. " We don't know how strong he might be."

"An ambush, is it!" Henry shouted over the wind.

Thoughts raced through his mind. They had no idea what was going on, or who was attacking. Just that someone in the trees was attacking. The wind was blowing fiercely, which would make it hard to aim his magnum and even more challenging to focus enough energy to activate his explosive powers. That meant melee combat, or nothing at all.

"I can't do anything right here," Coulomb grumbled. "I'll cause a distraction!"

With that, Henry broke into a mad dash towards the mansion, beginning to harness and focus his Life Energy in the process.

Demi looked up at the trees beginning to fall on them, her flames beginning to spread upward. In a flash, the trees were ablaze and burning to ashes. She cut her eyes to the side, sending a wave of fire down a grove of trees. The flames would begin spreading. Why stay stationary and cause distraction when you could just smoke them out?

Myka stood in the middle of the chaos, her eyes shut but dodging the oncoming foliage and wind perfectly.
She whistled to herself idly.
"He's moving~"
She pointed out in a sing-song voice.

Henry had been right in his plan, because as soon as he began running towards the mansion he began to be followed by their assaulter. "I won't let you get past this point," A man stood in front of Henry, his red colored hair waving around with the wind that surrounded him. He was wearing a red colored jacket with a similarly colored hood. "So you guys must be the Assassins hired to kill Mr. Glyde, well I'm not just going to let you get through!" he yelled before throwing his hand forward and firing a vortex of air at Henry.

"Seems like Henry was able to find our mouse," Shun stated. Part of him thought that they needed to go help Henry, but the mission was what mattered at the end of the day after all so they couldn't risk their chance. "He opened a path for us, so we should try to move into the mansion."

Bridget rushed onto the scene, fenrir on hand. "I'm sorry, but were under orders. If possible, we'd like to avoid trouble. So please let us through." Bridget said. "If you insist to fight, I will show no mercy."

Henry tried his best to dodge the crazy wind guy's attacks, but they caused him to stumble a bit. When he fully regained his balance, he was face to face with the attacker. Or defender, depending on how you look at it. The guy was shouting a bunch of stuff about assassins and a Mr. Glyde.

"Naw, we aren't assassins, Henry smirked. "Whatever gave you that idea, Red?"

Despite Bridget behind him, wielding her scythe, Henry leapt forward at the ginger dude. While dodging bursts of wind energy, Henry kept advancing, all the while swinging with his machete.

"Stand back!" Coulomb shouted to his fellow assassins. "Except for you, Red. You're staying right here with me."

With that, he rushed the wind guy, channeling his own energy into the beginnings of one of his trademarked explosions.

Demi looked to Shun, before turning back around. So, they would be proceeding? Fine with her.

The scarfed woman began walking forward, traveling into the inferno she'd begun.

"Bridget leave him, we have to keep moving," Shun pointed out before he kept running. At this point he was finally able to run out of the forest, only to realize another problem that had appeared in front of them. The mansion had been surrounded by a large barrier of energy, keeping everyone outside. "This isn't good, of course this means that the person that summoned this barrier must be around here somewhere."

"Hey my name is Gale and don't you forget it blondie!" Gale exclaimed in annoyance at Henry's nickname before he leapt back, using the wind to push himself back while at the same time pushing Henry away from him with his wind current. "I don't know what you can do but I'm not going to let you do it."

"Now how do we get past this?" Bridget thought aloud. "If it's made of some sort of magic phenomenon, maybe we could counteract it with one of our own."

Henry could only grin at this Gale guy's antics. And his resilience. Henry went tumbling backwards, before landing on his feet in a skid. Wind magic was nasty stuff.

"Not Red? You got it, Ginger," Henry huffed.

At this point, Henry was glowing a sort of reddish-gold color. The energy was swirling around his skin, like a thin and almost completely translucent coat of pure Life Energy, barely noticeable to anyone without some sort of power. He was about ready to explode, almost literally. Coulomb did a few mental calculations, and knew precisely what he needed to do.

He threw his machete at Gale, and rolled to forward to the left. Without waiting for his reaction, Henry lunged to grab the wind dude's leg and trip him up. Now, within immediate proximity, he could use his abilities.

"Let it be known," Henry muttered, just audible to Gale. "That you met your match to Henry Coulomb."

Then, a few things happened at nearly the same time. Henry grinned and let go of Gale's shin. Then, he released the pent-up Life Energy. There was a small, fiery explosion, followed closely by an earth-shattering kaboom. All centered around Mr. Henry Coulomb.

Destiny darted after Shun, it wasn't difficult for her to keep pace. "Shun, I should be able to use my PSI abilities to find the person making the barrier" she said just loud enough to be heard. "Even if he's being cloaked by a PSI user, I should be able to get a rough area"

"Hey guys. Did I miss anything?" A man in a labcoat asked, walking up behind Bridget. They may have recognized him as Demid, but he was wearing a hockey mask. Under his arm, he held a brown paper bag, holding something squarish.

"I had to pick something up. Barrier?" He revved up his chainsaw and swung it.

Myka laughed softly, wandering up to the barrier.
"Good idea, axe cop."
She said boredly, watching Demid.
She drew her knuckledusters and began pummelling the barrier.

"If you can do that then it would help us find the barrier's creator," Shun pointed out, he staring at the other's attempts to break the barrier, though they proved to be futile. "Get to it," he stated towards Destiny.

Gale saw Henry was glowing brighter and as thus proceeded to jump aside as soon as Henry had let him go. He knew that he wouldn't be able to get away from the blast radius though and proceeded to surround himself with wind as Henry exploded and surrounded the whole area with his explosion. Gale stood up from the floor, letting out a loud groan as he held his know burned left arm with his right hand, his whole arm along with his left shoulder and a part of his face had been burned even with his defences.

Demi turned her head, beginning to seek out any source of energies. There were plenty of heat signatures in the surrounding area. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to be linked to the user of the barrier.

She was proving to be less than useful on this particular mission. That grated on her more than anything else.

Myka got the hint and stopped pummelling the barrier.
She scratched the scar tissue along the back of her head softly.
She smiled.
"We could just use explosives or something, pummel the barrier enough to sap the user until they give up or die?"

"I think this is the start of a beautiful, horribly abusive and unhealthy friendship. My name is Demid." The doctor said to Myka, letting the chainsaw die.

"If all else fails, we could just wait." He leaned against the barrier, reached into the breast pocket of his coat, and pulled out a cigarette. He lit it, then began smoking it through one of the holes in his mask.

Demi turned to Shun, shaking her head. Looking back to the barrier, the woman began to scout the area. In a flash of realization, she eyes cut to the left. "There," she muttered. The source was definitely in a more remote location, but it was close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom