• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

At World's End

"Oh, sure," Aria replied, checking her own watch. "What about that new cafe downtown? I hear the baristas make a killer macchiato.. I think it's worth a visit, at least. I need caffeine to get all that icky schoolwork out of my system!"

"Aren't those like really expensive?" Elis asked as she glanced at Aria before shrugging. "But fine, I'm game if you're buying," she said with a grin as she glanced at Zara.

"You guys should stop taking advantage of my position at some point,' Zara pointed out with a sigh before nodding her head. "But fine, let's go."

"Whoops," Aria muttered, rubbing at the back of her own neck in a sheepish manner.

Kovu was washing the blenders away from the counter in the cafe, deliberately slowing time to get the job done quicker. Though he was not a practitioner of telepathy, he sensed (figurative) bad news heading his way. Whistling under his breath, he ducked away into the backroom, totally inconspicuous.

"So is this the place?' Elise asked as the girls walked into the cafe, whistling as she looked at how fancy it was. There weren't many people thankfully, but the smell of coffee and cakes filled the earth.

"It's pretty nice," Zara pointed out as she tugged onto her purse to keep it from sliding off. "We should find a table though."

Luckily, there was more than enough to occupy Kovu with the backroom, deciding to sort the cafe's documentation. The part-time barista knew his manager would appreciate it, at the very least.

After the three had sat down at one of the tables, enough minutes had passed that they would know what to order. A man who looked to be in his late twenties made his way over, idly tapping his pen on the notepad he was holding. His nametag read Matthias, though none of the girls likely had any chance at knowing he was the cafe manager. He had darker skin than most Albion residents - a lighter mocha hue, instantly presenting him as a South Continent native. He was dressed nicely (albeit in a casual manner) with his umber-hued hair pinned back in a loose bun that kept it out of his eyes.

"Welcome to Cafe Mazama, my name is Matthias and I will be taking care of you today. What is it I can get for you lovely ladies?" He asked with a kind, polite smile.

Matthias simply chuckled at Elise's jest. "Well, all joking aside, I do have a cafe to run here. So, besides me, what would you like?"

"Could I get a caramel macchiato, please?" Aria asked with a smile, having to stifle her laughter from Elise's response. The manager simply smiled, nodding as he noted it down. "And for you two?"

"I'll have those right out for you," Matthias finished writing the order stepping away from their table as he made his way behind the counter.

"Forsyth! New order!" He called out. Kovu stepped back into the main space at the command, quickly getting to work behind the coffee machine. He was totally oblivious to Zara's presence several feet away as he worked, briefly glancing back at the order to make sure he was brewing the correct beverages.

"Okay so what was that back then?" Zara asked once Matthia left, getting a shrug from Elise.

"Why can't you just let me play around a bit, gee," Elise replied as she leaned back on her chair. "I was stuck at my parents place for most of the break, I need to stretch my muscles."

"Yes, because flirting with the cafe manager definitely constitutes as physical exercise," Aria deadpanned with a roll of her eyes. "Honestly, Elise. Can't you at least try to be subtle?"

"Order up," Kovu murmured to Matthias, expertly maneuvering around the other baristas. He still hadn't noticed Zara's little group, busying himself with cleaning up. Matthias bussed their order over, gently setting down the platter with their drinks.

It may have been a hole-in-the-wall sort of place, but Cafe Mazama was well-known for their ridiculously fast service. Yet another reason they got quite a bit of business, though at the current hour the place seemed fairly quaint.

"Is there anything else I can get you ladies?" He asked politely.

"Just holler if you need anything," he replied before taking his leave to serve the other customers.

"You know," Aria began, taking a sip of her macchiato, "I'm frankly surprised you didn't outright ask for his number. I figured you'd... I dunno, jump at the chance, or something."

"One can never tell with you," Aria mused, taking another sip.

"Oh hell," Kovu muttered once he caught sight of Zara, discreetly ducking behind the coffee machine to crank out more orders. He at least hoped she hadn't seen him - that would be just a tad awkward, after he'd basically blackmailed his twin into throwing the both of them off the roof.

Not the best first impression, he'd admit.

"I have absolutely no idea what you could possibly be talking about, Zara," Aria responded with a mock-innocent look, stifling a giggle.

Luckily for himself, Kovu's attention had already shifted to one of the other customers at the bar, serving up fresh beverages while maintaining mundane conversations with his patrons. At the moment, he was totally oblivious to Zara and her friends.

Of course, that didn't mean that Zara couldn't see him. The glasses might've thrown her off, but the ponytail and the heterochromatic eyes definitely gave it away. It wasn't everyday you found an individual with crimson and turquoise irises, after all.

Back
Top Bottom