• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Reaction score
AFTER THE ELEMENT EMERALDS
Part 1: Coming Home
Part 2: Solar Flare
Part 3: Rockefeller Street
Part 4: The Living Doll
Part 5: Russian Girl
Part 6: A Different World
Part 7: Madness of Love
Part 8: The Salmon Of Doubt
Part 9: Work Your Magic
Part 10: Spirit of Nature
Part 11: Partners in Crime
Part 12: World Warriors
Part 13: I'm Still Alive
Part 14: Poison Fungi
Part 15: Never Alone
Part 16: The Mystical Ninjas
Part 17: Playing With Fire
Part 18: Just Be Friends
Part 19: Unbreakable

~Coming Home~
'Cause life is waiting for me/Come travel with me, together we'll see a brighter day/Time goes by so fast/I just want to get back home

It was dark outside. It was dark inside. Rex had no idea where he was or how he had come to be here, but one thing was certain: he was here. And 'here' was...It seemed to be some sort of study or office. He found that he was looking for something, but he just could not remember what it was.
All of a sudden, with no warning, a phone started to ring loudly. Rex dared not answer it for fear of something he did not fully understand. After ringing a few times, it cut straight to answerphone, and a voice from the phone called out, "Rex...Rex..." It launched into an enraged scream. "Pick up the phone!!"
Nervously, he did so. The voice on the other end said, "Don't go to sleep. Don't close your eyes. I'm coming home to find you, and when I do, I'll--"
The voice was interrupted by another- Jonah's. He sounded worried. Where was he..? It soon became clear.
"Rex? Rex! Wake up, dammit! You can't just abandon Cal and me!"
There was a delay, and then Rex did wake up. He was lying sideways on the wooden floor of a house that, at first, he did not recognise. Jonah and Cal were both here, and he began to recall: there had been something about this house that they had come to investigate, but he just could not recall just what that was.

Last edited:
Re: ATEE: Coming Home *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

He sat up, then stood, putting a hand to his head.
"I'm...I'm fine. I had a weird dream, but apart from that..."
"Right..." Jonah said. "So naptime's over. Back to investigating?"

"Uh...Refresh my memory. What are we investigating again?"
"A lot of people have made a lot of claims that weird stuff happens in this neighbourhood-- and this house seems to be the epicentre. ...Come on, it was your idea to take this case!"
Rex shook his head with vigour, trying to clear the sleep out of it. "So it was. And as I recall...next stop: the main living room?"

"Please. It's just through there," he said, heading through the door that led to the kitchen.
Jonah called to him. "The other through there?"
"Of course." He turned and started going the correct way.

"Right!" he said, at last. "The living room!"
He had found it, finally. It was a decently-sized room, divided into two uneven halves by a line of sofas. The entrance was in the larger, three-quarter-sized half, and the smaller half was made even smaller by the fact that various wood and glass cabinets lined the back wall, except for in one place, where a small pine tree, decorated as it would be during the festival of Yuletide, sat on a tea-table, under a gold-coloured wall clock, which registered a time of nearly half-past ten. The clock, however, had stopped. On the far left was a window that took up almost all of its wall, but it was sealed off by two thick, olive-coloured curtains. Opposite it, in the other corner of the room, was an armchair under a lamp, which faced the fireplace and television set on the wall that the entrance was on. Overall: a room, perhaps, fit for someone older, rather than younger.

Last edited:

Cal thought it was unfortunate that the clock had stopped; otherwise, they could tell how long they'd been here.

Jonah wondered about the Yuletide-tree. Was this month not August? Surely so; it had been Rex's father's birthday just last week. And yet, there the tree stood.
Rex went to investigate one of the cabinets. It seemed to contain cameras and film, and porcelain ornaments made to depict white bowls of bright red cherries. Intrigued, he slid one of the cabinet's glass doors open, and there came a sudden noise of hastily-flapping wings. However, it sounded like it belonged to a creature many times smaller than Rex. Along with the noise, Rex felt a rush of air pass his right shoulder. There was a moment, and then there were three consecutive but small thuds against the opposite wall, then a pause, then a quieter thud as the flying nothing 'fell' to the floor.

"Could well be," Rex said, examining one of the cherry statuettes. It was all one object; the cherries were physically part of the same porcelain that made the bowl. He was above stealing it from the house, and so put it back, closing the cabinet again.
Jonah inspected the area behind the sofas, under the window.
"Now what do we have here?" he asked. There was a plastic box full of objects that were impossible to register as identifyable (aside from a trio of small bells, which lay on top of the pile of objects in the box), as well as a smallish red bucket, made of plastic and stamped with the logo of Maltesers chocolates. In it were plastic letters of the alphabet that seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever. "Okay...Found anything else 'interesting', Cal?"

"Anything of note?"
The tree was decorated with trinkets (presumably chocolate, or another edible) wrapped in gold foil, as well as thin pieces of tinsel and mismatchingly-coloured baubles. There was a star at the top of the tree which was meant to constantly rotate, but its movement was jerky and inconsistent. It looked as if it could break apart at any moment, yet it did not. Under the tree, on the table, sat a curious-looking device. It, too, was made of some kind of plastic. It had a round, blue base, and three yellow pieces attached to the base by hinges. At the centre of the base was a lime-green button. Was it meant to be some kind of toy?

This caused the yellow pieces to spring shut, forming an almost egg-shaped plastic cage around the base. Of course, with Cal's finger in place, they could not shut properly. Fortunately, they were not painful to resist. After all, it was just a toy. A bizarre toy, granted, but still...
At that point, the television set turned itself on, displaying a single, unmoving image at a brightness so intense that it was impossible to look directly at or to see what the image was. That television, Rex noted, given its age, should not be capable of that level of brightness. He made his way slowly around the wall of sofas, so he stood before the television, and in front of a sofa. Still, he could not look at the screen.

"I don't think--"
Without warning (aside, one could suppose, the fact that it had turned itself on at all), the TV emitted a noise that was indescribable and impossible to comprehend. It was also extremely loud; loud enough for Rex to stumble back onto the sofa from surprise. The noise stopped, and the TV gave a new, quieter noise: its screen burst, and the remainder of the set collapsed in on itself. It lay in a smoking heap for a moment before the pieces drew themselves together just above the TV stand and vanished. It had, quite curiously, imploded.

Back
Top Bottom