• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Rockefeller Street *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

As if he had heard Cal's thoughts, Jonah said, "Who's this joker?"
"Care to introduce yourself?" Cairne asked their captor, who folded his arms (by some small miracle, given the bouquet-cuffs) and shook his head. "Ever the mute, I see. His name is Clint, and he's a petty thief. Or, at least, until now. In fact, this is the only time he's commited a crime that isn't basic burglary."
"Don't forget to mention that his ego is the size of a house," Baggue added. "So he thinks he's too good to speak."
Clint approached the peacock and, from within his left hand blasted him in the face with some kind of powder, freezing Baggue's face in a less-than-respectable arrangement with yet more paralysis powder.
"Did I mention he's an expert in powders and poisons, and the like?" Cairne nonchalantly added.

Clint gave a vague shrug, and produced a small sack of Rings from a cupboard.
"I see," Cairne said. "He seems to be suggesting that, whatever he's doing, it pays pretty well. Which would imply that he has been hired to do this."

“Rrgh...” He thought, What kind of twisted f*ck would try to sabotage the Mobiovision Winners' Contest for money?!

Clint laughed silently to himself, and stored the money once more. He made several obscure gestures, took a bow, and seemed to dance out of the apartment, shutting the door behind him.
"Great," Gwyneth said. "Now what?"

“Well, I would free us with my fire, but A, that would hurt you guys, and B, that would risk burning the apartment down.”

"Great. That Clint guy is smarter than his outfit would suggest," Rex said.
"Maybe I could help, then?" Regina suggested. "Did you forget I was here, or something?"
Had his arms been free, Rex would have facepalmed. Of course- Regina, unlike himself, had been gifted with their father's psychokinesis, and he had managed to forget this, amidst the chaos. "Do it, then."
"Okay!" Regina grinned, pleased to be able to play the role of heroine, even if for only a moment. Within seconds, a knife made of her sparkling blue power cut through their bonds, freeing the captives one by one.

"I get the urge to chase after Clint before he gets too far away," Baggue said. "He might lead us right to whoever he's working for."
"Do that," Cairne said, "if you think you must. I think this apartment warrants further investigation."

"...Fine."
"I'll stay with Mr. Cairne!" Regina offered. "Chasing that Clint guy sounds dangerous."
"Sounds acceptable. Let's go, then!" Rex opened the door Clint had left by.

Rex, Jonah, Gwyneth and Baggue followed him out. They were at the top of a bright, orange-lit stairway with an elevator running down the middle. It looked like Clint had taken the elevator, and was only halfway from here to the bottom of the stairwell.

Rex nodded, and, led by Baggue, the group began to rush down the stairs, which spiralled in a rough square shape, in an anticlockwise direction. There was no doubt that they were gaining on the oblivious thief-plus.

Certainly, Baggue was contemplating violent acts- especially since Cairne wasn't here to restrain him. Both they and the elevator were nearing the bottom floor.

The lift stopped at the bottom just ahead of them, and Clint emerged, quickly realising he was being followed, and fled the building in a style of running that resembled fancy dancing, making it seem like he was not running away from anything at all. Amazingly, this gave him a rather considerable pace of movement.

Back
Top Bottom